Welcome yall.
D2F Discussion➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
Hey guys,

I've been playing in Drippy's 2fort on and off over the years without realizing there was a scene or a close community of people that play on a regular basis.

I've always used random names or used the server to warm up before I do a pickup game in TFC.

Now that I've been lurking this forum for the past week or so... I've noticed a few familiar faces in the server. It's pretty cool!

Anyways... I'm just saying Hello and pumped to be part of the community :D
Hey bud welcome.

xipo wrote:
Hey guys,

I've been playing in Drippy's 2fort on and off over the years without realizing there was a scene or a close community of people that play on a regular basis.

I've always used random names or used the server to warm up before I do a pickup game in TFC.

Now that I've been lurking this forum for the past week or so... I've noticed a few familiar faces in the server. It's pretty cool!

CLAIM THE BRIDGE GOD AS YOUR DEITY.
xipo wrote:
Hey guys,

Yeah. There's a sort of lodge feel to playing on this server. I'm guessing everyone here is over 30. Also these forums, this was the social media of my day and combined with TFC... good times. There's a funny recent review for TFC on steam that gave the game a thumbs down, the guy saying only veterans playing this game for 20 years play and you have no chance of beating them.
xipo wrote:
Hey guys,

Welcome, my man! I already told people here to expect you, and that you're great to have on the team.

Can't wait to see you again, and hopefully this Friday night!

Also, hit me up, so we can chat about that whole Discord thing.
xipo wrote:
Hey guys,

Nice another regular! Welcome buddy!
Welcome, you will find me in the basement ?. I usually rage if my team doesn’t have an engy. Do you play engy by chance?
Backalleybuttlove wrote:
xipo wrote:
Hey guys,

Yeah. There's a sort of lodge feel to playing on this server. I'm guessing everyone here is over 30. Also these forums, this was the social media of my day and combined with TFC... good times. There's a funny recent review for TFC on steam that gave the game a thumbs down, the guy saying only veterans playing this game for 20 years play and you have no chance of beating them.

Very untrue. While there is a learning curve, the reflexes needed are needed with any first person shooter.

I didnt play much back in the day and still havent played as much as most of the people who play currently. I do alright in drippys.

Welcome XIPO -- good to have another name in the crowd
Help, you're the much better version of KILMOV, LOL!
KILMOV taught me everything I know ?
Matt_tfc wrote:

Matt_tfc wrote:

Oh man, KILMOV is a solid player, we do pickup games all the time.

Thanks for the kind words. For skill wise it all depends, lol. Sometimes I smoke the herb to unwind before I play and I'm not very effective.
Help wrote:
Welcome, you will find me in the basement ?. I usually rage if my team doesn’t have an engy. Do you play engy by chance?

Yep, since I've gotten back into TFC I've been taking the time to learn all the classes. I'm currently learning HW, Engi and Demo as my main classes are medic/soldier.
Backalleybuttlove wrote:
xipo wrote:
Hey guys,

Yep, unfortunately it's true with having no chance at beating some of those veterans. Obviously there's an exception but even still.

This game has such a steep learning curve and a wide range of skills you need to learn. It's why it makes this game so great, always something to learn and improve.
Help wrote:

I believe I've seen you going offense more, and not just when there were relatively low players on the server. You werent doing half bad, either; I'd implore you to do more, we need more players willing to die for the cause.
Thanks! I always start on D but then pull out my handy dandy flow chart to decide to go O ?

Is it likely the other team will score without me ->
yes-> I stay on D; no-> I go on O.

Is the bridge own by the other team via snipers or scary bridge soldiers(you know the scum I’m stalking about lol)->
Yes->whine about an O tele; No->attack as o soldier.

After whining, O tele is built->
Yes->attack as o soldier
No->change class to spy or medic and hope all their d was on the outside.
did you just call me fucking scum?
Isn't it better to be "fucking scum" than "non-fucking scum"?

I mean, at least you're getting laid, right?

?
blah blah blah.
xipo wrote:
Backalleybuttlove wrote:
xipo wrote:
Hey guys,

Yep, unfortunately it's true with having no chance at beating some of those veterans. Obviously there's an exception but even still.

This game has such a steep learning curve and a wide range of skills you need to learn. It's why it makes this game so great, always something to learn and improve.

Did you play TFC back in the day or are you "new new?"
xipo wrote:
Hey guys,

Oh, a couple of things came to mind as I was reading the new replies to the thread....

Do you pronounce your handle "Zipo", or "Shipo"?

I remember playing Star Wars Shadows of the Empire(on the N64), and thinking "Xizor" was pronounced "Zizor", but when I got the PC version, the audio track pronounced his name as "Sheezor". So it made me wonder how you're pronouncing it.

Also, this community is one of the most "close knit" I've ever seen in my life. Despite how we can bicker back and forth, if someone needs our help, we tend to go "off the charts" to support them. We have had a few (former) members try to take advantage of that generosity... and the backlash was severe(deservedly so).

I, myself have been on the receiving end of this communities support. I have met a few fellow D2Fers in real life, and they have all been awesome.

Dont worry. Meeting Iggy in real life is not a requirement.
xipo wrote:
Matt_tfc wrote:

Thanks for the kind words. For skill wise it all depends, lol. Sometimes I smoke the herb to unwind before I play and I'm not very effective.

Dude you must be mixing KILMOV up with someone else as there's no way that oaf plays pickups.
Backalleybuttlove wrote:
xipo wrote:
Backalleybuttlove wrote:

Hey man, I started playing TFC back in 99 when I was in grade 8. However, since 2004/2005 I've been playing on and off over the years. It's only till recently is when I started playing this game kind of seriously again as I'm part of a team and we do weekly scheduled matches.
Nug wrote:
xipo wrote:
Matt_tfc wrote:

Dude you must be mixing KILMOV up with someone else as there's no way that oaf plays pickups.

Unless there are 2 KILMOVs'. I 100% played in a couple of pickup games with a KILMOV.
Ignorant_Florist wrote:
xipo wrote:
Hey guys,

Oh, a couple of things came to mind as I was reading the new replies to the thread....

Do you pronounce your handle "Zipo", or "Shipo"?

I remember playing Star Wars Shadows of the Empire(on the N64), and thinking "Xizor" was pronounced "Zizor", but when I got the PC version, the audio track pronounced his name as "Sheezor". So it made me wonder how you're pronouncing it.

Also, this community is one of the most "close knit" I've ever seen in my life. Despite how we can bicker back and forth, if someone needs our help, we tend to go "off the charts" to support them. We have had a few (former) members try to take advantage of that generosity... and the backlash was severe(deservedly so).

I, myself have been on the receiving end of this communities support. I have met a few fellow D2Fers in real life, and they have all been awesome.

Hey man,

My name is pronounced, X-ipo or like "X-Zipo" if that makes it easier. I'm also looking forward to building relationships in this community :D
xipo wrote:
Nug wrote:
xipo wrote:

Unless there are 2 KILMOVs'. I 100% played in a couple of pickup games with a KILMOV.

I do concur that it’s highly unlikely the KILMOV on this server plays pick-up games. With that said, KILMOV cracks me up. He has to be a father, because he lays down them dad jokes.
Who the hell is KILMOV
gg#4 wrote:
Backalleybuttlove wrote:
xipo wrote:
Hey guys,

Very untrue. While there is a learning curve, the reflexes needed are needed with any first person shooter.

I didnt play much back in the day and still havent played as much as most of the people who play currently. I do alright in drippys.

Welcome XIPO -- good to have another name in the crowd

I think the reviewer was referring to playing offense. Any veteran FPS player can play sniper and get lots of kills, that's not going to win the game. Playing scout or medic and capping the flag against veteran players takes mad skills. I've seen Reckoner for example go past three SG's like they were Chuck E. Cheese animatronic robots. I'm a veteran FPS player and my offense skills are mid-tier at best compared to a lot of players here.
xipo wrote:
Backalleybuttlove wrote:
xipo wrote:

Hey man, I started playing TFC back in 99 when I was in grade 8. However, since 2004/2005 I've been playing on and off over the years. It's only till recently is when I started playing this game kind of seriously again as I'm part of a team and we do weekly scheduled matches.

What server is that on? How you organize these? There's a password protected server I see that has a lot of activity, I'm guessing it's a league server. Drippy's get some serious games with it's match balancing algorithm, I feel each full round is akin to an informal tournament when match quality is 90% plus.

I'm a big Valve games fanboy. I was in 8th grade in 1999 also but got more into counter-strike. I wish I gave TFC more of a chance, maybe I'd have hand-held conc jump mastered by now XD.
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in