Emp rules?
D2F Discussion➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
Good day to you all *doffs cap*

What are the rules regarding throwing EMP's on the ceiling of the ground floor, close to the spawn?
I've done this (and have seen many other people to it), and never heard anyone complain until today.

I can hear players footsteps above, and I assume they're already outside the spawn, so I toss an EMP to wipe them out.

Sometimes there's an SG/tele/dispenser on the floor above, or a demo camping the doorway to the spawn.. (I won't mention any names, rhymes with KPops..)

Is this allowed, or not?
The rule is no cheap kills...what do YOU think?
How do you define 'cheap kill', I've seen you pipe outside the sniper deck respawn door.
Anyone exiting can't see the pipes beforehand, I'd call that a cheap kill.
Whoa dude, you're getting way ahead of yourself.

First, link your stats to your profile so we can see how much you suck.

Second, that's the only way Walnuts can manage a kill so we let him do it.

Third, whiny threads should be in the Whiner's Corner.

Fourth, Drippy should correct the title of the aforementioned discussion area to include the apostrophe as it indicates the possessive. As in, "The corner belonging to the whiners". Like Sid.
At what point am I whining? I'm asking for clarification on the rules.
If it's not allowed I won't do it, but I've seen plenty of regulars do it, so thought it was ok..

What's with all the hate, I have nothing but love for everyone. Except KPops.
Sid wrote:
How do you define 'cheap kill', I've seen you pipe outside the sniper deck respawn door.
Anyone exiting can't see the pipes beforehand, I'd call that a cheap kill.

Good point. The formal answer, as I understand it, is there are two exits from sniper spawn and you are absolutely forbidden to camp the drop. The more logical is that a lot of weak-ass mofos play from there consistently. Part of controlling the enemy sniper deck to make it possible for the prima donas to make it across the bridge and continue thinking they did it on their own. Ironically, its usually the ones that complain about this.
Hey. Just wanted to add my 2 cents...

fuck JPops
jpops, the most hated drippys player.
Let's just say that tossing Emps at the main respawn(from either floor) without a target is risky at best.

As Walnuts said, the SS Dropdown is treated the same as the Main Respawn exit.... it's off limits to spam without a valid target. The Sniper Deck door is 100% legal to camp/spam/etc, BECAUSE the Dropdown is protected like the Main Respawn exit.

Also, don't make the mistake of assuming that just because you see someone doing something questionable(if not outright illegal) and getting away with it, doesn't mean you'll be as lucky. It's possible that the person you just saw "get away with it" tipped off an Admin that someone is trying to pull something, and we're looking to see who did it. Next one to do it gets caught, and banned.
Fuck you JPops (is that “pipes”?)
I think it’s fine. I’ve been on the receiving end of exiting the spawn and being emp’d by Sid (and others) and have no issue with it.

There is a problem with emps detonating while the door to the main spawn is open though, and people just spawning getting killed as they exit the respawn door into the main resupply... but that’s just collateral damage.

As for Walnuts... he got his ass handed to him yesterday. He was playing like it was his first day on TFC. I was wacking him around like I was swatting midges in the summer heat.
Hitz, have a look. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/psychosis/
Considering your recent posts on this forum and considering the two main symptoms - alarm bells are ringing. You got plenty of tin foil in stock?
Nug is right, enough already. We need restrictions on who can post and play here.
Sid wrote:
At what point am I whining? I'm asking for clarification on the rules.
If it's not allowed I won't do it, but I've seen plenty of regulars do it, so thought it was ok..

What's with all the hate, I have nothing but love for everyone. Except KPops.

No hate, my response was very much tongue in cheek.
so if someone is playing from spawn or hanging around it i thought it was open season on spawn with spam.
am i wrong?
can you drop multiple pills under it?
and can't you toss some emp's under it?
and fuck JPOPS!
Murf wrote:
Nug is right, enough already. We need restrictions on who can post and play here.

Are you saying we should banish Ralphy? Nooooooo
fred wrote:
so if someone is playing from spawn or hanging around it i thought it was open season on spawn with spam.
am i wrong?

If you are under it, you have no fucking clue if anyone is playing from there or not.
[SHS]Hitz wrote:
As for Walnuts... he got his ass handed to him yesterday. He was playing like it was his first day on TFC. I was wacking him around like I was swatting midges in the summer heat.

I am glad you finally found something worth a shit to put on your job resume. I resent it being included after your Rhode Scholar claim, however.
No you cant just toss emps on 1st floor below respawn. With emps its the same as tossing it at the spawn door. Probably worse because you cant see if anyone is playing from the spawn. At least if you are up there you can see whats going on.

You can say you hear people up there, but how do you know if its a fresh spawn vs someone running in and out?

You cant. So don't spam it. Toss your emps at pipe traps, build offensive teleporters. Much more useful and CTF objective tasks than wasting EMPs at spawn door. Its quite clear your objective. You aint fooling anyone.

But aren't u the same engie who builds SGs right in front of bottom RS and leave the door open which makes you immune to grenades and also makes the turret another SG all the while you just hug med packs and ammo packs and go whacky whacky.

Playing cheap is probably coded in your DNA somewhere.

I bet you take handfuls of candy from unattended trick or treating bowls. Park in handicap spots without having any PHYSICAL disability. Pretend to hold doors open for the elderly only to let go at the last moment. Leaf blow your leaves into the neighbors yard. Piss on toilet seats kind of guy.
pray for Murf
Mr. Walnuts wrote:
fred wrote:
am i wrong?

If you are under it, you have no fucking clue if anyone is playing from there or not.

Mother fucker using audio from his monitor apparently lol
I laughed way too hard at that!
straightcashhomie wrote:
Mr. Walnuts wrote:
fred wrote:
am i wrong?

Mother fucker using audio from his monitor apparently lol

What headphones do you use?
Arctis 7's
Artic 7's here as well. Awesome headset
Matt,

We're not going to be friends.
Do you need a hug?
Come here, let me give you a hug.

gg#4 wrote:
No you cant just toss emps on 1st floor below respawn. With emps its the same as tossing it at the spawn door. Probably worse because you cant see if anyone is playing from the spawn. At least if you are up there you can see whats going on.

You can say you hear people up there, but how do you know if its a fresh spawn vs someone running in and out?

You cant. So don't spam it. Toss your emps at pipe traps, build offensive teleporters. Much more useful and CTF objective tasks than wasting EMPs at spawn door. Its quite clear your objective. You aint fooling anyone.

But aren't u the same engie who builds SGs right in front of bottom RS and leave the door open which makes you immune to grenades and also makes the turret another SG all the while you just hug med packs and ammo packs and go whacky whacky.

Playing cheap is probably coded in your DNA somewhere.

I bet you take handfuls of candy from unattended trick or treating bowls. Park in handicap spots without having any PHYSICAL disability. Pretend to hold doors open for the elderly only to let go at the last moment. Leaf blow your leaves into the neighbors yard. Piss on toilet seats kind of guy.

Matt_tfc wrote:
Artic 7's here as well. Awesome headset

Do they have flashing cat ears? Mine have flashing cat ears.
Ignorant_Florist wrote:
As Walnuts said, the SS Dropdown is treated the same as the Main Respawn exit.... it's off limits to spam without a valid target. The Sniper Deck door is 100% legal to camp/spam/etc, BECAUSE the Dropdown is protected like the Main Respawn exit.

garbage rule if you ask me, there are 2 ways out of that respawn. allowing 1 exit to be camped but not the other is dumb. why is this a rule? what is the reasoning?
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in