Balancer
D2F Discussion➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
The balancer works most of the time. Nothing works 100% of the time. It would be nice, however, if it could separate the O players and not put them all on one team. We had a good team, but we were defending for the entire game. I tried to go O but I'm not a good O player. Fun game that would have been MUCH more fun if it had been better balanced.
https://i.imgur.com/qDbWW61.jpg
PB sandwich is Sandro.
Doesn't matter who PB sandwich is, your team does not come close to the other.
I think Elf makes a semi valid point here in that regardless of stats or w/l ratio, there are some games where one team has 4 O players and the other team has none. Whenever I notice that and I see the balancer message come up, I try to switch. Then I'm reminded why the balancer works because the team I switched to has no communication or direction even though they have more players.
that match is rage quit fuel

wheres spoofer white knighting upset being unfairly balanced on?

-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:
I think Elf makes a semi valid point here in that regardless of stats or w/l ratio, there are some games where one team has 4 O players and the other team has none. Whenever I notice that and I see the balancer message come up, I try to switch. Then I'm reminded why the balancer works because the team I switched to has no communication or direction even though they have more players.

It's a quality experience to be heckled by a basement D player on the winning team who joined 20 minutes into the match after you switched to balance.
(grapefruit balancer, lol)
I’m impressed you kept them to only 2 caps! They definitely have the stronger line up and you don’t have 4 SGs lol. Although 4 demos on d is cringeful!
Sure, just get everyone to indicate before they join a team if they will be playing O or not, and then have them stick to it for the entire match.
Hes only showing the ending. they had 5 people rq after we capped 1 time. then it was people coming and going. they had 5 engys at one point. I know rutrow and mintberry where 2 of them.

Also the offence players are getting tired of being the only one playing O and rest of the team running around frantically doing nothing. OR a team That is 5 engys 5 demos 2 hws and rest solly or d medics. Its an absolute shit show for a map as tiny as 2fort. And its been happening more times then not. Its that's the case mise well just O vs D.
God, grant me the serenity

To accept the things I cannot change

Courage to change the things I can

And wisdom to know the difference.
^^
Well that's creepy. That exact quote was in the book I was reading last night.
Conceptually, the balancer picking team captains only and then the team captains picked teams like backyard childhood sports would be cool. In reality it’d probably slow the starts by 10 minutes and butt hurt half the team players ?. Still it’d be interesting if this is how it was done once in a while.
This sounds cool. Could it be implemented on a limited basis as a test? Also it would be cool if every player was forced to join a team at the start of a new match and no spectating could occur for the first three minutes. Lots of players sit and wait to see the teams populate before joining.
It's always sad when the balancer sets the teams to like 5v10 and the 5 are God-tier D2F players that still manage to reek havoc out numbered two to one against the ten pissants.
Vishus wrote:
^^

It's the serenity prayer. It's recited in many recovery programs (AA, Al-Anon, etc).
If you are reciting the Serenity prayer during your gaming session, maybe you need another outlet for relaxation and fun.
Help wrote:
Conceptually, the balancer picking team captains only and then the team captains picked teams like backyard childhood sports would be cool. In reality it’d probably slow the starts by 10 minutes and butt hurt half the team players ?. Still it’d be interesting if this is how it was done once in a while.

It works when you have a group that of people that have AT LEAST game sense and communicate.

That's RARE at D2F.

I said this before, Louie (RIP) would refuse to play when I asked under the same conditions UPSET is bitching about.

It's TERRIBLE gameplay.

Make it 2fort2k4 and all it does it WIDEN the spiral and elevator. It is all this server needs.

But, drippy refuses to run it once a week to test it.
How about the O players who sit in spec for 5 minutes to see how the game goes and then join after they've seen what the d is like?
They should stay on yellow. :)
You mean Upset?

Naw hes the one who joins a team, goes back to spec, joins a team, goes back to spec and then waits until it looks like he can join the team hes trying to stack and joins.
Help wrote:

Sounds a lot like a pick-up game vs a pub

Im sure drippy will workshop this idea
Backalleybuttlove wrote:
It's always sad when the balancer sets the teams to like 5v10 and the 5 are God-tier D2F players that still manage to reek havoc out numbered two to one against the ten pissants.

This is usually an intentional gaming the balancer
gg#4 wrote:
You mean Upset?

Naw hes the one who joins a team, goes back to spec, joins a team, goes back to spec and then waits until it looks like he can join the team hes trying to stack and joins.

Ooof, I've actually never really noticed that with him. Im not going to call people out but I see it happen a lot. Maybe they're afk though, I don't know. It's probably better to be afk before joining than to be afk mid-game. I had to leave a match last night to take a dump.

Edit: I've seen this mentioned before and the general assumption is that the D will never be the same as it was a few minutes ago. I guess the advantage is to see where the SGs are and if there's any holes in the D.
As far as it being a real thing, not sure how many people click autojoin or actually click red or blue. I generally almost always click auto.
I click okay on the server message > Press 5 > Press 5

(auto assign > select Medic class, jajaja :P )

https://www.lunaticrage.com/drippy/custom.php#cookie I once got a cookie for switching about.

"Currently, you have a chance of getting a cookie if you switch teams to help balance them/improve match quality."

And I don't wanna join the winning team, that's just yuk :P (and that might mess up the algorithms in addition to my RQs/DQs even more o_O )
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:
gg#4 wrote:
You mean Upset?

Ooof, I've actually never really noticed that with him. Im not going to call people out but I see it happen a lot. Maybe they're afk though, I don't know. It's probably better to be afk before joining than to be afk mid-game. I had to leave a match last night to take a dump.

Edit: I've seen this mentioned before and the general assumption is that the D will never be the same as it was a few minutes ago. I guess the advantage is to see where the SGs are and if there's any holes in the D.
As far as it being a real thing, not sure how many people click autojoin or actually click red or blue. I generally almost always click auto.

I always auto, but as I've stated, quite noticeable the folks that sit and see where certain people end up and what they're playing.
*cough* matt *cough*

Man you got a hard on for Matt.

Like super hard. Harder than diamonds.

Hes another person that does this though. You're right.
My hands arm diamonds.
They're formed under pressure.
Pressure only gabas massive hog creates.
ive autoed plenty of times. Also being first one to spawn in to see others do what ur talking about on the other team including you gg. Yes occasionally ill pick certain friends to play with to have more of a chance to play the objective, trying to enjoy the game and play with friends and not be on a team down by 5 and have no o and d. Least i dont RQ like gg does. Ill take a beating, although i have raged before we all do.
EnginGhent wrote:
Vishus wrote:
^^

It's the serenity prayer. It's recited in many recovery programs (AA, Al-Anon, etc).

daily prayer / sp has saved my bacon more times than I can remember.
straightcashhomie wrote:
My hands arm diamonds.
They're formed under pressure.
Pressure only gabas massive hog creates.

I support this comment even though I don’t understand it.

Because I am mentioned
I rage quit once

Jk
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in