Weird bug with invisible textures?
D2F Discussion➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
So I have never seen this happen in TFC ever. I recently built a new PC for myself with everything new except for the hard drive. The textures for some items seem to be invisible but get this...they appear when I go into the menus, or I hit the record button on my recording software (the numbers in the top right turn red when I hit the record button) or when I play online on a server. This only happens when I create a server to test some things like the crosshairs, scripts, etc. This also happened with my previous build ironically last week too and just figured maybe my OC finally burned something out (had my previous PC when Ryzen first came out way back when). Don't know if it's normal now or there is a setting to fix (also noticed the shooting twice in a row bug is back when you create your own server/ game).

https://youtu.be/G05G75VXABw
That's strange, I've never seen that before
!me waits to see if anyone says anything about recording with a cell phone......
Lol I would have used my recording software to upload the video but when I hit record the textures appear again and the problem “fixes” itself. Tried reading into this issue and there doesn’t seem to be anything like it. My guess maybe the hard drive is bad? I ran other half life games (Sven Coop, HL1 single player, etc.) and no issues. It only happens in TFC. I was In The server earlier today and all was fine at D2F. Went into Funtown and same, no issues. Only when I go to Create Server and load my own hame is when this issue happens. If anything I guess I might buy a new HDD?
Did you go into Steam, right click TFC and validate the game files?
Hmm, I actually run TFC in [compatibility mode - Windows 8] on a Windows 10 PC. Was testing if there would be no more blue screens of death.

So far so good, >___<.

Only time when players/models are disappearing is when the server starts a new match and during the 60 second pre-match I open a console: record eckj524t2a - hit enter - then I can't see some of the players until the pre-match is over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixBV5xo9NkM (The Boys, not a TFC clip xD)

End of Thread
RefreshNext Unread
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in