Drippys_ 2f spectate hltv
D2F Discussion➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
Hello all, the slot taken up by D2F HLTV is broadcast where?

It used to be broadcast (by ip only, not server name) listed in the SPECTATE tab in the SERVER section of the tfc options page.

Now the ip matching drippys_ sends you DIRECTLY to the game server, and not to the hltv server. Is the spectate hltv server missing or under a different ip?

ty

this is the way.
cool story bro
Shut up Allen
an enigma wrapped in a mystery, apparently.
Tim Allen?
The HLTV is just for administration purposes, its not open to people to watch.

Like many of the nicer things on the server, it used to be open until people abused it.
How did people abuse it? I'm guessing they had it running while playing and see what the enemy was doing?

Are there recorded demos from players you can pull up? I had an epic play a few days ago. I really need to start recording games.
I thought there was a delay in HLTV? So having it up to 'cheat' ie using it as a 2nd screen wouldn't work, I could be wrong.

No demos for us plebs!
Backalleybuttlove wrote:
How did people abuse it? I'm guessing they had it running while playing and see what the enemy was doing?

Are there recorded demos from players you can pull up? I had an epic play a few days ago. I really need to start recording games.

No, you can't see the current game as it's being recorded... at least, that's my understanding of it.

I'm curious how it was being abused, as well. Let's just say that I'm happy that on the off chance I ask for a round or two, I occasionally get that request fulfilled.
I wonder if it has to do with the old "Noclip Flying HW spec cheat" (which was hilarious to watch btw)
Strictly for admin use (while nibbling drywall and engaging in self-abuse).
No, it's for Drippy-'s Administration usage. Sometimes, we get lucky and he'll release some upon request. Doesn't happen every time, and no, Admins do not have direct access to them.
What sort of admin usage we talking about? I'm guessing it records .dem's of all the players or something?

I really need to start recording, I've had some fucking epic plays the past couple weeks. I mean, they were all fucking dumb luck, but still...
I think HLTV records everything, so you can go through each player, with all the different viewpoints etc.

BABL, you need to start recording NOW and not constantly talk about “possibly” doing it ? Your great plays will be lost to the void if you don’t record.

Why doesn’t Drippy allow access to HLTV to his admins, via password? Then that could alleviate him having to trawl through the dross, looking for an incident that was !reported. They could also join it at peak times, so as not to fill an ingame slot to view !reported players.
Backalleybuttlove wrote:
What sort of admin usage we talking about? I'm guessing it records .dem's of all the players or something?

I really need to start recording, I've had some fucking epic plays the past couple weeks. I mean, they were all fucking dumb luck, but still...

"Dumb Luck" is how some of the best plays happen.

Here's what *I* do (just a recommendation, you don't HAVE to do it this way):

Before joining the server:

(in console)

net_graph (whichever you want/need to monitor internet connection)

Voice_loopback 1 (puts your own voice recording into the demo. Takes time getting used to, but it's good to have.)

Join server

Once in the server, join a team and select a class (just to make sure you're in).

record (filename) (I use server name + date + round number since joining). Example:

record d2f090722-1 (d2f (server name) 09 (September) 07 (day of the month) 22 (year) -1 (first round upon joining).

When the round resets...

stop (ends the recording)

Up arrow twice (toggles back to the "record" command) backspace once, and add one to the last round number (if it was 1, backspace twice and put 2. If it was 2, backspace twice and put 3, etc), hit enter. Go back into the game, and it's recording.

When the round resets again, up arrow twice (gets you back to the "stop" command), hit enter, up arrow twice to edit the round number... and so on.

It's so easy, it becomes second nature.

If something happens (like a fantastic play, or shot, or whatever), just write down which round it happened in, and type "!time" in pubchat, so that you know about how much time is left in the round.

From there, you can figure out at what point in the round it happened, then go record that when you replay the demo.
[SHS]Hitz wrote:
I think HLTV records everything, so you can go through each player, with all the different viewpoints etc.

BABL, you need to start recording NOW and not constantly talk about “possibly” doing it ? Your great plays will be lost to the void if you don’t record.

Why doesn’t Drippy allow access to HLTV to his admins, via password? Then that could alleviate him having to trawl through the dross, looking for an incident that was !reported. They could also join it at peak times, so as not to fill an ingame slot to view !reported players.

As I said, Admins can't use HLTV to spec live rounds. It's only a recording.

As I've said, Drippy- will OCCASIONALLY .zip up the HLTV for us if we request it (though it's not guaranteed). But whenever I've asked for it, I specifically noted the time of the incident I wished to have the demo of (and specified WHY I was asking for the recording of that round). That way, he doesn't have to go "hunting" for a specific play.

Personally, I would love to have access to the recordings, so that I could download them and work on a video of a particular round without bothering him. However, I can see how some Admins of the past may have used those demos to target individuals they had a "ban boner" for.

This is why we can't have nice things.
Is it better to record as a .dem or use the geforce experience software?
I use GeForce experience. Set the output folder to your secondary data drive, if your main drive is not that big. A 30 minute game is normally 10gb in size. I use Alt+F9 to start/stop recording. If there was nothing of note in the game I immediately delete it. I use Filmora to make movies, after viewing the match via Windows Player etc, making notes of time stamps for amazing shots (of which there are many ?).
Thanks for stating what you used. I started dabbling with recordings and am using OBS open broadcasting software.
I use OBS as well. It's pretty easy to set up and use. Also, you can (as you've likely seen me do) use a webcam to put yourself in the recording in one of the corners, or just do full screen recording.

The "X-Box" recording software built into Windows doesn't record TFC, and I've had issues with the G-Force software in the past.

Plus, you can have multiple formats for OBS, that you can "hot-switch" if you want to while recording.

But, to be on the "safe side", always record a demo even if you're using an external program to record. You never know when one of them might glitch out on you. It's very rare for both of them to glitch out at the same time.
I feel all this talk about recording this and that is a subliminal message to buy more hard drives given that files can be huge even for a 30 min session/ 1 game. You guys getting paid by the hard drive companies?
Nah. They don't take up that much space. Give me a bit, and I'll post the directories.
[SHS]Hitz wrote:
I use GeForce experience. Set the output folder to your secondary data drive, if your main drive is not that big. A 30 minute game is normally 10gb in size. I use Alt+F9 to start/stop recording. If there was nothing of note in the game I immediately delete it. I use Filmora to make movies, after viewing the match via Windows Player etc, making notes of time stamps for amazing shots (of which there are many ?).

It'd be cool to have some sort of software that records the last two minutes of your game play to a file, where it continues to overwrite any footage older than two minutes. I believe dashboard cameras do this.

And the file would be on a RAM disk. If something noteworthy happens, you hit a hotkey that tells it to continue recording. And when done, the video file on the RAM disk gets copied to your hard disk. Would prevent a lot of wear and tear on your drive, as opposed to recording every game.
GeForce Experience had this option. I don’t have it enabled, but yeah… if there was something good onscreen, just press the relevant shortcut and the last few minutes are saved.
Ignorant_Florist wrote:
Nah. They don't take up that much space. Give me a bit, and I'll post the directories.

Must be something on my end cause when I record a 30 min game it’s like 30 ish GB lmao. I use Action!
Must be something on my end cause when I record a 30 min game it’s like 30 ish GB lmao. I use Action!

Depends on your recording settings. High bit rate and high resolution recording (I use the highest possible) inflates files like crazy. Single games for me are generally 50-60GB in size. Hell, even a 3 minute edited YT video in post production turns out to be a few gigs for me.

When you open ShadowPlay (Nvidia), there are settings for recording, how many audio streams, quality for both, etc...
From OBS, an 85 minute video takes up 1.6gb. That's 3 rounds in one recording.

.dem files in my TFC directory take up about 30mb.
XenOz3r0xT wrote:files can be huge even for a 30 min session/ 1 game.

30 min round for me is about 10 GB when using nvidia shadowplay.

note - shadowplay is only for the cool kids, so playing *hello kitty island adventure* with your mickey mouse PC, for example, won't cut it.
Iggy, are you able to edit .dem files? Like can you trim them? 30mb is nothing compared to 10gm. I do have external HD that I can finally put to use other than storing my wedding videos and photos.
XenOz3r0xT wrote:
I feel all this talk about recording this and that is a subliminal message to buy more hard drives given that files can be huge even for a 30 min session/ 1 game. You guys getting paid by the hard drive companies?

That’s the only huge thing you’ve got. Shut up.

My first words were shut up btw.
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in