Just to clarify...
Whiners Corner➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
I made a complaint about a player who named himself after me (playing ingame under my tag of [SHS]Hitz) and nothing from the admins. So, are we allowed to name ourselves after established players? Impersonating them is ok? I'll be naming myself Mr Walnuts or Olipanko etc if that's the case....
i think its only if you impersonate an admin that an issue arises? i dunno
Who cares?

Take it as a compliment
Who would want to change their name to Mr. Walnuts?
Technically we are all Mr. Walnuts in some way. Some of us just choose to accept it.
What part of you describes "Your" inner Walnuts, ill?

My taint identifies as my inner walnuts.

This sounds absurd.
[SHS]Hitz wrote:
I made a complaint about a player who named himself after me (playing ingame under my tag of [SHS]Hitz) and nothing from the admins. So, are we allowed to name ourselves after established players? Impersonating them is ok? I'll be naming myself Mr Walnuts or Olipanko etc if that's the case....

I came to this thread with the expectation that you'd be white-knighting Mr. Yo.

I'm leaving disappointed.

Where is mr.yo by the way? What did I miss? I did notice he hasn’t been on in a while.
[SHS]Hitz wrote:

That was me. What's it feel like for you knowing that I was pretending to be somebody I'm not?
I want you banned.... fucker.
Right. So your identity is important to you. And it wouldn't feel good for you to impersonate somebody that you aren't, such as using my gamertag, or Mr. Walnuts' or Olinkapo's. It just wouldn't be you.

That's exactly how trans people feel.
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:
Technically we are all Mr. Walnuts in some way. Some of us just choose to accept it.

How fucking dare you.
EnginGhent wrote:
Right. So your identity is important to you. And it wouldn't feel good for you to impersonate somebody that you aren't

Except you are exactly who you were born to be. Your statement makes 0 sense.
Oh my god you're so close to getting it yet so far.
bella wrote:
EnginGhent wrote:
Right. So your identity is important to you. And it wouldn't feel good for you to impersonate somebody that you aren't

Except you are exactly who you were born to be. Your statement makes 0 sense.

Right. That's MY point. People ARE exactly who they are born to be. That's their identity. Their identity is not always guaranteed to match whether their meat-suit has a penis or vagina attached to it.
Murf wrote:
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:

How fucking dare you.

LOL
EnginGhent wrote:
Right. So your identity is important to you. And it wouldn't feel good for you to impersonate somebody that you aren't, such as using my gamertag, or Mr. Walnuts' or Olinkapo's. It just wouldn't be you.

Why are you bringing trans people into this?
this thread is so woke

#woke
#blessed
#sawthelight
#OMGLOOKHOWMUCHOFAGOODPERSONIAM
#AREYOUWOKE?
#haveyouwhiteknightedtoday?ihave
I spent my morning having a philosophical conversation with a six year old name Anakin about how, despite all of his claims, wrapping up in a blanket on the floor does not make you a burrito and pillows are not toppings.

He proceeded to go to the fridge and get a packet of my shredded cheese and rolled himself up with it and shouted “IM A BURRITO, EAT ME.”

He identifies as a burrito. Am I a bigot to tell him he’s wrong
Granted I proceeded to pick him up and carry him around in the blanket like a brief case. I just kinda set him in front of the oven and was like, dude, get in the oven, I ain’t eating no cold burrito.

Then the mama shows up and Anakin promptly demands macaroni. I look at her, sternly, and say “get the man some macaroni, woman.”

12 o'clock news in Maine

A man named Charles is arrested for child endangerment and cannibalism
Can’t wait until he’s older and we play games and I can tell him I fucked his mom last night.

I enjoy our time together.
[SHS]Hitz wrote:
EnginGhent wrote:

Why are you bringing trans people into this?

because this is a little woke bitch.
EmotionallyDisturbedParakeet wrote:
I spent my morning having a philosophical conversation with a six year old name Anakin about how, despite all of his claims, wrapping up in a blanket on the floor does not make you a burrito and pillows are not toppings.

He proceeded to go to the fridge and get a packet of my shredded cheese and rolled himself up with it and shouted “IM A BURRITO, EAT ME.”

He identifies as a burrito. Am I a bigot to tell him he’s wrong

Sounds more like a quesadilla, not that there is anything wrong with that...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HjIljJd-o0
gg#4 wrote:
this thread is so woke

#woke
#blessed
#sawthelight
#AREYOUWOKE?

You see, this is why when us Xers were kids, and we saw a "strong female character" in one of our shows, we literally just accepted her if she had a backstory that was believable in the context of the character. We didn't NEED to be told "Hey, look at us, we're hip and cool because we've got a strong female lead!"...

Take Princess Leia for an example. She WAS a member of the Imperial Senate, AND a part of the Rebellion against the Empire.... and with a few minor lines of dialogue/exposition, we were like, "Okay, that makes sense." What happened to her made sense to us.... so we just accepted it all. We didn't need to be straight up TOLD that this was out of the ordinary.

She wasn't the classic "damsel in distress", weak and needing a man to rescue her(though that did kinda happen), but she was also able to hold her own against Imperial torture, and even "fake them out" with bullshit information temprorarily.
So, anyway..... what happened with Mr.Yo?
he posted some incoherent statement about "fuck you doods" and then he bounced
Ignorant_Florist wrote:
gg#4 wrote:
this thread is so woke

#woke
#blessed
#sawthelight
#AREYOUWOKE?

You see, this is why when us Xers were kids, and we saw a "strong female character" in one of our shows, we literally just accepted her if she had a backstory that was believable in the context of the character. We didn't NEED to be told "Hey, look at us, we're hip and cool because we've got a strong female lead!"...

Take Princess Leia for an example. She WAS a member of the Imperial Senate, AND a part of the Rebellion against the Empire.... and with a few minor lines of dialogue/exposition, we were like, "Okay, that makes sense." What happened to her made sense to us.... so we just accepted it all. We didn't need to be straight up TOLD that this was out of the ordinary.

She wasn't the classic "damsel in distress", weak and needing a man to rescue her(though that did kinda happen), but she was also able to hold her own against Imperial torture, and even "fake them out" with bullshit information temprorarily.

What you said. Which is probably why I have trouble with just doing things to check off some woke box.

Captain Janeway was another later example. No one questioned it, it wasn't seen as a 'problem' or needed further explanation, and she was a great Captain, IMO.

The first I noticed anyone crying about something was when they made Starbuck a female. It wasn't this Gen Xer crying...I grew up on BSG, and this change didn't irk me at all. Kara Thrace was legit AF.

When you do something or make a change, the response to critics should be 'fuck you, I don't care'.
To be honest, I wasn't sold on the "let's change the characters gender/race to check off woke boxes".... and yeah, initially, that's how I saw it. Just make new characters and leave out the old ones. Sounds kinda simple if you ask me.

Also, Galactica is a poor example to use anyway.... they raped the theology of the original series and went all "gritty and realistic". I think they changed TOO much, and ditched many of the parts that truly fascinated me.

Yeah, it worked to a point, but it was the LORE of the original that made me such a fan. So much of it was cast aside in the reimagining, that I didn't even watch it beyond the first part of the miniseries until just a couple of years ago. Had it been named something else, along with differently named characters, I *might* have felt they partially ripped off Galactica.... but I'd have given it a lot more leeway, as most works of fiction rip each other off.

If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in