Accused of "not playing legit"
Whiners Corner➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
Some -AA- dude was trolling me while I was sniping against him tonight so my smart mouth said maybe you should remove the aa tag in your name. He then said maybe you should play legit. Anyone who knows me knows I'm really not that great of a sniper, I have good night's where I can't miss but it's rare. My question is should I have reported him for accusing me of cheating or brought it up to an admin? I certainly don't think Im even good enough to be accused of it, but maybe he was just sour grapes because he couldn't hit me once. Just don't think it's cool to have people accusing others of cheating with no proof.
If you were trolling him back then you have to take it on the chin. His “play legit” quip could mean a few things, such as sniping at range only (as well as a snidey accusation of cheating). I think the admins auto ban people for blatant accusations (without the need for a !report), so if they let it slide then leave it be?

p.s. you’re a good player, but not a god-like sniper, so they were probably not very good themselves.
Is -AA- a clan tag or something?

He may have just meant stop sniping from the confines of the sniper deck with respect to the play legit remark. That's why I don't go on Evil server much because sometimes I see HW guys with the speed of scouts. It gets annoying getting sniped more than three times in a row trying to exit via the sniper deck but that's just part of the game. Sometimes the opposing team has good snipers and you have to adapt. It's annoying but fair. I think this guy was just butthurt he kept getting sniped.

More annoying is demo's or medic's camping the sniper deck exit waiting to detonate or infect. Still fair but annoying nonetheless. I'd rather die from sniper fire across the map as that takes a degree of skill as opposed to being killed by a camping demo.

The one thing that got under my skin was someone was playing medic and was camping the right outside the 2nd floor respawn door and infecting people as soon as they exited. I didn't report because I don't think it's against the rules per se, maybe it is considered a form of spamming though, but it definitely was extremely annoying. I did comment that I felt the guy was playing a below the belt game.

Lately I've been rocket jumping up the grate as soldier quite a bit. I'll admit, it's been tempting to fire some rockets at the 2nd floor respawn door as I go towards the box room but I'm pretty sure that would be considered spamming and grounds for administrative action.

Why troll him can you can !UNF? :P
AA is a sniping guild from the olden days.
Thats odd coming from a sniping guild member.

I havent been able to hit shit sniping lately. Kind of frustrating when I see my dot on the person and nothing.

Also have been getting frustrated with the game in general. Think its about time I find other avenues of time wasting for a bit.
Wonder which player it was. I was on last night.
May have been a player who misused the tag.

I remember AA-Wisdom being a beast. Great sniper. He was a regular here years ago.
I'll have to check the recently played with history, I know the name started with an A afterwards
I doubt Wis would troll you.
No it wasn't him, I remember him
I wasn't suggesting it was him at all. Just commenting on the AA Snipers guild.

BTW - how do you see who you've played with recently?
lil-bastard wrote:
I doubt Wis would troll you.

It's against his religion to troll. Not him.
gg#4 wrote:
Also have been getting frustrated with the game in general. Think its about time I find other avenues of time wasting for a bit.

Honestly, same here. The other day the other team had our flag and was going up spiral with it, so I said 'flag going up spiral right now!' and I see two soldiers run towards the ele. Either they have me on mute or they're just dumb as rocks. I left, but then asked myself why I take it so seriously sometimes. I play this game to relax after work but most of the time it does the opposite.

Also, you've been talking a lot more trash in server since you've come back so I know you take it more seriously than others too. Might be good for us to step away for a bit I guess.

elf poo wrote:
BTW - how do you see who you've played with recently?

There's a 'view players' in a drop down menu in Steam and it shows who you most recently played with and their steam profile. Not 100% positive if you have to be online for your name to show up. Most of the time I play, I'm logged out of steam friends list.
-AA- still exists? lol
bella wrote:
Some -AA- dude was trolling me while I was sniping against him tonight so my smart mouth said maybe you should remove the aa tag in your name. He then said maybe you should play legit. Anyone who knows me knows I'm really not that great of a sniper, I have good night's where I can't miss but it's rare. My question is should I have reported him for accusing me of cheating or brought it up to an admin? I certainly don't think Im even good enough to be accused of it, but maybe he was just sour grapes because he couldn't hit me once. Just don't think it's cool to have people accusing others of cheating with no proof.

I think you are decent at sniper and laughed at “maybe you should remove AA (auto aim?) from your tag”

Fist bumps
Before I rediscovered pot I used to get accused of cheating weekly and drippy told me if I instigated people into making baseless cheating accusations I would also get a ban so based on that your options ostensibly are smack talk or report but not both.

Also, I just learned drippy is a furry irl
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:
gg#4 wrote:

Honestly, same here. The other day the other team had our flag and was going up spiral with it, so I said 'flag going up spiral right now!' and I see two soldiers run towards the ele. Either they have me on mute or they're just dumb as rocks. I left, but then asked myself why I take it so seriously sometimes. I play this game to relax after work but most of the time it does the opposite.

Also, you've been talking a lot more trash in server since you've come back so I know you take it more seriously than others too. Might be good for us to step away for a bit I guess.

Naw when I trash talk im having a good time.

When I'm silent and bitching at my team in private is when I'm stewing.

I don't trash talk when I'm getting my ass handed to me. Well aside from "<insert team color> cant cap" as a means of pulling some defense away.

Past two days ive been under a lot of work and home stress as opposed to my usual work stress and play the game to take a break from all of that but carry over my negativity I guess.

I definitely take the game too seriously though like I do everything in life.

Brownstone legit got kicked yesterday for sitting in the same spot. The enemy team had no offense and yet our team still wanted to keep like 6 players on defense. Like...Why are people so set in their ways...Always a bad sign when you join the server and all you hear is "enemy captured your flag followed by enemy has your flag" I should just quit then.

Backalleybuttlove wrote:
Is -AA- a clan tag or something?

He may have just meant stop sniping from the confines of the sniper deck with respect to the play legit remark. That's why I don't go on Evil server much because sometimes I see HW guys with the speed of scouts. It gets annoying getting sniped more than three times in a row trying to exit via the sniper deck but that's just part of the game. Sometimes the opposing team has good snipers and you have to adapt. It's annoying but fair. I think this guy was just butthurt he kept getting sniped.

More annoying is demo's or medic's camping the sniper deck exit waiting to detonate or infect. Still fair but annoying nonetheless. I'd rather die from sniper fire across the map as that takes a degree of skill as opposed to being killed by a camping demo.

The one thing that got under my skin was someone was playing medic and was camping the right outside the 2nd floor respawn door and infecting people as soon as they exited. I didn't report because I don't think it's against the rules per se, maybe it is considered a form of spamming though, but it definitely was extremely annoying. I did comment that I felt the guy was playing a below the belt game.

Lately I've been rocket jumping up the grate as soldier quite a bit. I'll admit, it's been tempting to fire some rockets at the 2nd floor respawn door as I go towards the box room but I'm pretty sure that would be considered spamming and grounds for administrative action.

Why troll him can you can !UNF? :P

That Medic you're talking about... MIGHT be camping if he's doing it repeatedly. If it's a one-off, he may have expected someone to come out, so hid and got them as they got "in play", the proceeded on their way.

I'll duck in the entranceway if I think I can't make it to the box room before they exit, but I usually let them go, unaware that I'm even there. That eliminates the likelihood of them chasing you.

But yeah, I've seen Sollies jump up the grate and toss shit at the Respawn exit without a target.... that's blatantly illegal, and I'll boot them for it.
gg#4 wrote:
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:
gg#4 wrote:

Naw when I trash talk im having a good time.

When I'm silent and bitching at my team in private is when I'm stewing.

I don't trash talk when I'm getting my ass handed to me. Well aside from "<insert team color> cant cap" as a means of pulling some defense away.

Past two days ive been under a lot of work and home stress as opposed to my usual work stress and play the game to take a break from all of that but carry over my negativity I guess.

I definitely take the game too seriously though like I do everything in life.

Brownstone legit got kicked yesterday for sitting in the same spot. The enemy team had no offense and yet our team still wanted to keep like 6 players on defense. Like...Why are people so set in their ways...Always a bad sign when you join the server and all you hear is "enemy captured your flag followed by enemy has your flag" I should just quit then.

©"X TEAM CANT CAP" TM - doubleshot. All rights reserved 2021.
EmotionallyDisturbedParakeet wrote:
drippy told me if I instigated people into making baseless cheating accusations I would also get a ban

That was more of a generic thing, since you kept trying to get people to break rules.

Thanks for stopping that, BTW.
straightcashhomie
©"X TEAM CANT CAP" TM - doubleshot. All rights reserved 2021.

You definitely said it here in one of your forum posts and a few of us started saying it in server. While it does reek if being an ass, it definitely can get a reaction out of a few players on the other team. It's a nice little taunt. I see people say it all the time now. My only concern is it could trigger whines but I haven't seen much of that, most people laugh it off but every now and then you see more of em push after it's said.

Still better than the one I think I had something to do with. 'Last Touch Wins'
It's more lame than 'Blue Can't Cap' and is usually said by the losing team but I still see it said in server now. I wanna TM it but I can't say for sure I was the first.
I was the first ya ding bats.
I used to sit on the batts/D soldier and shut teams out and start taunting them.

It was I, your Bridge God, that blessed you with said phrase.

probably some STA logs mm1 of me doing it since 04. Come on, dawg.
One sniper shot to the face would shut you up. Do you still play bro?
Nah, you guys are not good enough.
It got repetitious and quite boring to be frank.
drippy- wrote:
EmotionallyDisturbedParakeet wrote:
drippy told me if I instigated people into making baseless cheating accusations I would also get a ban

That was more of a generic thing, since you kept trying to get people to break rules.

Thanks for stopping that, BTW.

np
straightcashhomie wrote:

most hilarious rq EVER
Epz was on the other day saying "wheres is the bridge false prophet"

Thumping his chest like Brad Pitt in the movie Troy asking if there was anyone else who would like to step to him.

He even said something about letting you touch the Champs Belt if you would return
straightcashhomie wrote:

lol so brave and tough.
bragging that you're better at a 20 year old game than others is a true sign of your masculinity. Let's compare something more like bank accounts and then maybe i'll be impressed if yours is good enough
gg#4 wrote:
Epz was on the other day saying "wheres is the bridge false prophet"

Thumping his chest like Brad Pitt in the movie Troy asking if there was anyone else who would like to step to him.

He even said something about letting you touch the Champs Belt if you would return

this really happened, I can confirm.
Mr. Walnuts wrote:
straightcashhomie wrote:

most hilarious rq EVER

coming from the games worst demo of all time.
bella wrote:
straightcashhomie wrote:

lol so brave and tough.
bragging that you're better at a 20 year old game than others is a true sign of your masculinity. Let's compare something more like bank accounts and then maybe i'll be impressed if yours is good enough

Aside from being "The Bridge God" mere mortals also called me "Mr. Steal yo girl."

Careful Bella, I'd hate to throw you over my shoulder and carry you into the sunset while straightcashmoney was falling from my pockets leaving a trail for epz to follow to a certain ass whoopin'
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in