Most latency dependent class..
Whiners Corner➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
Fuck a sniper.. A demo being able to det pipes on command... I dream of a day I csn throw pipes at someone and det them on command... What say you?
And yes this trumps double hh conconcs...
When I play sniper, I hit people all the time and get a “thud” for my troubles, but no damage registered. I’m talking full “100% centre mass impact” and nothing... This is when the target is moving across my FOV. I’m wondering if ex_interp is an issue.

But then there’s the “missed by a mile, but they still died” shots from me. I was reviewing a clip I made and I missed somebody (by maybe three ingame feet) as they ran across my FOV, and a split second later they explode into a bloody corpse. I missed and didn’t deserve shit, but got the kill anyway.
kyree wrote:
Fuck a sniper.. A demo being able to det pipes on command... I dream of a day I csn throw pipes at someone and det them on command... What say you?

quick det, auto det blah blah.
kyree wrote:

There's times where my pipes simply don't explode when I right click and I never know why. Happens a few times per match. Other times there's a slight delay. My ping is 40-60. When I had Comcast it was 20 and had the same issue. Hard for me to recall what it was like years ago but I know my internet was worse so everything was delayed.
yeah I see people do it to me all the time..I always have a delay....especially currently as I'm playing off my phones hotspot :)
Sniper 100%. I have an 8 ping and one night my network was screwed up and I was at a 60-80 ping and I couldn't snipe, played other classes fine but it was frustrating as hell
Now imagine sniping 100% of the time with an 80 ping. #FIRSTWORLDPROBLEMS
none, adapt to survive. play all classes like garbage
Before the year 2000 updates, sniper was the most affected by latency. The class had something called a "lag dot." Now it's pretty much an instant shot regardless of ping, even though game play can still suffer like any other class. Even still, SvS (sniper versus sniper) still possibly makes that class the most difficult.

Besides this, anyone conc jumping does have it pretty hard.
lol try conc jump when lagging.....
I do it constantly..that elevator is a mfer...
what's even more difficult is emp jumping while lagging
bella wrote:
Sniper 100%. I have an 8 ping and one night my network was screwed up and I was at a 60-80 ping and I couldn't snipe, played other classes fine but it was frustrating as hell

seconded.
A 60-80 ping causes issues? I’m at 100-110 ping these days and must be held back by my 3000+ mile distance from the server.
If you're used to basically no ping (i'm usually ~8) the jump to nearly 10x that is pretty severe. It's not even the sniping, its any movement of the mouse is weird for me.

Edit: Yea, i know I sound like a pussy.
I’m glad you pointed it out first ?
awood8 wrote:
If you're used to basically no ping (i'm usually ~8) the jump to nearly 10x that is pretty severe. It's not even the sniping, its any movement of the mouse is weird for me.

Edit: Yea, i know I sound like a pussy.

Same, I think it was the whole movement laggy mouse issue. Haven't had that issue yet. Are you on long island?
Will my ping improve with an increase in bandwidth on my internet service? Or am I stuck in 80 ping hell because of geography?
what a bunch of pansies. I played at or over 100 most of my time. A best I was in the 80 area.
Yeah, but look how bad you suck. ?
you may have a point, but i don't swallow..sandy
moose poop wrote:
what a bunch of pansies. I played at or over 100 most of my time. A best I was in the 80 area.

You don't snipe, other classes are easier with higher ping because you don't need exact aim and only get one or two shots to make it
i wouldn't consider myself a bad sniper, and i think i do just fine at 90+. you have to get used to it or suck otherwise. im sure if you moved, you would learn to play with a higher ping. may take some getting used to, but once you figure out the timing of things you would do well. hell, the higher ping even helps sometimes, haha.
moose poop wrote:

that elevator conc or concing into sniper spawn is a mfer when you hafta guess
Some of you don't know the pain of playing this game in the AOL days, and it shows :p
What's an AOL day?

https://tothedome.com/index.php/s/zNRQLEMPnxLjHHb
https://tothedome.com/index.php/s/GPcwK7mzCC9ie9S
bella wrote:
moose poop wrote:

You don't snipe, other classes are easier with higher ping because you don't need exact aim and only get one or two shots to make it

sniping is for girls....
(I was just kidding with Walnuts - you play with what you have)

JFC!
sp0t wrote:
Some of you don't know the pain of playing this game in the AOL days, and it shows :p

LMAO..having to pay over 100.00 cuz I used up the free allotted time :)
OH AND having to pay long distance fees because for some reason in VA, just outside of DC didn't have a local server..
Windows 3.wha?
taking 2 days to download paint shop pro...
4 hours to dl a 25mb .jpeg...
buffering a fucking realplayer video...fuck an .rm
bbs overnight dl of whiter shade of pale
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in