A serious question
Whiners Corner➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
Why is being anti Christian not a hate crime, but being Anti Semetic is... A religion is a religion... Don't get me wrong.. I hate all organized religions.. And I don't think hating on someone for their beliefs is OK... But why can I be anti Christian, but not anti Jewish?

Because of Hitler and Mengele?
Because Jewish folks have been more disparged than christians?
Is having anti-semitic beliefs a hate crime? I don't believe it is.

If you'd like to entertain a conspiratorial POV, it's because Jews control the United States and have created a culture where it's not okay to hate Jews but is okay to hate Christians.
kyree wrote:
Why is being anti Christian not a hate crime, but being Anti Semetic is... A religion is a religion... Don't get me wrong.. I hate all organized religions.. And I don't think hating on someone for their beliefs is OK... But why can I be anti Christian, but not anti Jewish?

I think it's because they equate certain religions with race.
EmotionallyDisturbedParakeet wrote:
Is having anti-semitic beliefs a hate crime? I don't believe it is.

I Believe it is in some spots.. I may be wrong

If you'd like to entertain a conspiratorial POV, it's because Jews control the United States and have created a culture where it's not okay to hate Jews but is okay to hate Christians.

On this we'll agree to disagree Sir
Prelude to Agony wrote:
kyree wrote:

I just had a friend explain this to me... Jewish isn't just a belief, it's a race
</quote>
Yeah. I was more referring to Muslim or Islamic folks, but that's true. My Jewish friends aren't Jews, they married into it and adopted the religion.
kyree wrote:
Prelude to Agony wrote:
kyree wrote:

I just had a friend explain this to me... Jewish isn't just a belief, it's a race

</quote>
Wait.... Mike.... you have a friend? Like.... for real?

?????
The premise is wrong. Being against a religion or group of any kind is not a hate crime. A hate crime is a crime that was demonstrably motivated by hate.

Therefore, if you beat up a Christian and the judge learns that you have a history of spouting anti Christian beliefs, you very likely could be charged with a hate crime.

On the other hand if you beat up a minority guy and proved it was for a personal feud, you would not get charged with a hate crime.

At least this is true when the judge is relatively impartial.
The judge has nothing to do with charging someone.

The Prosecutor will almost certainly throw a hate crime charge on your second example. How do I know? Because I've seen it happen. Does it mean the charge will stick? Guess that's up to the jury...

It's hard to find circumstances where someone beats up a Christian, and being anti-christian, being charged with a hate crime. Dude in Louisiana was charged with a Federal hate crime for burning 3 churches there. They were black churches, but the charge was based on religion, not race.

Nergal was charged with Blasphemy in Poland.
could it be that traditionally christians have been in power in this nation; vis a vis you could look at the USSR or Russia, I'm you can find hate crime against christian and maybe ancient rome
Christianity is a religion. Semitic regards people who speak certain languages and are from certain parts of the world
stfu Semite, no one understands what you are saying
That shouldn't matter. Hate is hate and should be treated as such, or not a factor at all. The idea that, well, since X has been in power traditionally, they can't be a victim of hate, is silly to me.

maybe I wasn't clear.

My point is that hate crimes are much more prevalent in regard to minorities, whether they are racial, religious or otherwise. Usually, hate crimes are not nearly as prevalent against the group in power. In the USA, that would be white christians. Not that it does not happen. And yes it is based on hate.
If I'm Jewish and burn down a Red Lobster, is that a hate crime?
No, you get a medal for that one.
Hate crimes are a political cudgel.
sp0t wrote:

Fuckin' A right it is!

Anyone that burns down a Red Lobster is removing a source of those wonderful Cheddar Bay Busquets and that's a hate crime against humanity!

Prelude to Agony wrote:
The judge has nothing to do with charging someone.

The Prosecutor will almost certainly throw a hate crime charge on your second example. How do I know? Because I've seen it happen. Does it mean the charge will stick? Guess that's up to the jury...

100%. I meant convicted/jury not charged/judge. I (hastily) wrote my post between meetings at work and didn’t check it over.
sp0t wrote:

Who the fuck in their right minds eats frozen seafood... Thank you for your service.. Burn those bitches to the ground

I think the word I'm looking for is "raze"

https://youtu.be/0Y0TYD3i64E
Backalleybuttlove wrote:
Hate crimes are a political cudgel.

I had to Google cudgel... Nice!
If it wasn't for women and children I'd say burn this mfer to the ground

https://youtu.be/0Y0TYD3i64E
"you bring the matches, and I'll bring the gasoline"
Or a Marty Friedman classic
Set the world afire

https://youtu.be/n--qRtxkouc
Ignorant_Florist wrote:
sp0t wrote:

Fuckin' A right it is!

Anyone that burns down a Red Lobster is removing a source of those wonderful Cheddar Bay Busquets and that's a hate crime against humanity!

And frozen seafood... Foh
I really don't get it... I mean I cN be Satanic, but I can't be anti Jewish... I'm not trying to split hairs... But fuuuck

I can be the absolute opposing shit of Christianity, but I can't be anti Jewish?
Why these mfers gotta play hard, but half these mothers can't spell hard
kyree wrote:
Ignorant_Florist wrote:
sp0t wrote:

Fuckin' A right it is!

Nobody is forcing you to eat that frozen seafood(I don't).... but God damn.... you fuck with my Busquets, my crippled ass gonna fuck you up.
Oh, and don't get me wrong.. I'm not anti Semetic... I just don't understand the difference.. A religion is a religion... Why does it hafta be about a race?
Ignorant_Florist wrote:
kyree wrote:
Ignorant_Florist wrote:

Fuckin' A right it is!

Nobody is forcing you to eat that frozen seafood(I don't).... but God damn.... you fuck with my Busquets, my crippled ass gonna fuck you up.

HahahHH
Heard!
You are all children of a worthless God!
All gods are man made and are garbage,
kyree wrote:
You are all children of a worthless God!

Burn all those churches! To the ground... Raze this mfer
Ignorant_Florist wrote:
kyree wrote:
Prelude to Agony wrote:

Wait.... Mike.... you have a friend? Like.... for real?

?????</quote>
Yeah like 2 people... Foh
And they both call me on a regular ?????
OH and guess who isn't getting a Christmas card from me next year... ??
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in