If somebody could explain this to me, it'd be appreciated
Whiners Corner➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
I played against our good friend BuckNa$ty (I like his style... sly, dirty and ruthless), and came across a few weird issues. I killed him lot's of times with no issues (and no issues noted with other players), but on two occasions I killed him and suffered damage without taking any from him (that I could see).

In fact the first issue was my instant death (which wasn't attributed to him, but to a suicide kill) as I killed him. I know you can be "slain" when you kill somebody by the main spawn door, but this was my own base (no surprises there) and just came out of nowhere when I killed him. My death had the "suicide" symbol next to my name, not Bucks.

The second weird issue was me taking major damage as I killed him again, despite him showing a knife in his hand. I lost 88/90 HP and 37/50 Armour.

I'm sure it's just a lag issue, but if you want to check it out, here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sekhqt9AZRc
Anyone? I'm not sure if it's just lag or not.
The Spoofer signal is lit! :D

He'll be here >__<

Also what the heck is that player model, Final Fantasy Sephiroth? o_O
Has me stumped. =p

I mean I could guess "lag" but, lol. No idea what specifically is happening.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the feign, or the fix drip has in place to stop the server from crashing from some stuff involving feign.

Weird as hell.
https://youtu.be/yUChcv_4diw?t=181
/dons TFC labcoat

Alright, I discovered 3 things with tonight's testing... Thanks to Buck and UPSET for being the guinea pigs.

1) So the behavior Jodi observed involves killing a spy right after he pops up from a feign. As I theorized earlier, it most likely is caused by one of drip's plugins, as the same glitch doesn't occur on my listen server.

No matter what weapon you use to kill a popped spy, you'll take 125 damage (distributed to your health and armor as normal for your class). A fully charged sniper headshot to a popped spy will do 125 damage to the sniper, but crowbarring a popped spy to death will also do 125. If you're killed by the damage, it'll show you as killed by trigger_hurt, which appears in the hud similar to worldspawn (gravity deaths, etc.) or suicide.

Examples:

https://youtu.be/xOaAqHSv5y0

https://youtu.be/_yu8B31BPKs

So I guess it's up to drip to fix now.

~~~

I haven't played more than a match or two on the server in the past 6ish months I believe, but I noticed two other differences with the server tonight:

2) I heard through the grapevine that drip changed something relating to bhop, and it appears as if you can push yourself to the speedcap now (which last I recall was 140 or 145%?; drip confirmation? :D?) and simply stay there without getting your speed reset (as would normally happen if tripping the cap) or warped backward. It's a nice change I guess for everyone annoyed at hitting the wall, though it removes an element of skill in learning to stay just under the cap, and might threaten to make players lazy for when they transition back to other servers. Though probably it's a change for the better and I imagine it'll be popular.

3) There must've been a problem with people spamming the same chat binds over and over again, as there now seems to be a lockout on repeating the same message twice in a row, as I discovered trying to hit my Health/Armor bind during the testing. It seemingly detects a "%h|%a" bind as a repeated message, even if the health and armor that would've actually been displayed changes. I'd say it'd be nice if an exception for those sorts of binds could be programmed in, but aside from late night damage testing, it's probably not something a player would be likely to spam much to begin with.

Though it's ironic that I discovered this quirk while named after Jodi. =p

~~~

I guess that's all for today, class.
class dismissed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3-SozS_98s
I blame napster Spoofer
All Lives Matter
I have also noticed in the past, repeating the same thing, doesn't go to the server... I have also noted, and asked about some commands not making it to the server but have always blamed it on my latency.. I have asked drippy about this before, but never got a definitive answer... Things like Hud,!beer,!Pizza!! Weed
I put it down to me mistyping, but when it's bound to a key and still doesn't work, it's not a typo
BuckNasty wrote:
All Lives Matter

NO LIVES MATTER!
"We're all just worthless and weak" Oderus Urungus!
kyree wrote:
I have also noticed in the past, repeating the same thing, doesn't go to the server... I have also noted, and asked about some commands not making it to the server but have always blamed it on my latency.. I have asked drippy about this before, but never got a definitive answer... Things like Hud,!beer,!Pizza!! Weed
I put it down to me mistyping, but when it's bound to a key and still doesn't work, it's not a typo

I imagine those in particular should probably be exempt.
Excellent work Spoofer. Kudos as well to your lab rats.

There does also seem to be a cap on repeated words/phrases in chat. My “kek” bind got silenced after one go. I’m not sure about how long it was silenced for, but I wasn’t silenced myself overall, I could still chat.
Spoofer wrote:
kyree wrote:

When it's easier to make a blanket statement as opposed to making exceptions? Like Drippy doesn't have better things to do?
I'm not trying to be argumentative... But shit is put in place due to past actions... I've watched it evolve... If there's a way to exploit something, Drippy has put a stop to it.. Nail grenades in the floor/ceiling is a prime example
Emps are supposed to go through walls and floors.. Nail grenades being more powerful through an exploit aren't
[SHS]Hitz wrote:
There does also seem to be a cap on repeated words/phrases in chat. My “kek” bind got silenced after one go. I’m not sure about how long it was silenced for, but I wasn’t silenced myself overall, I could still chat.

If you want to spam a bind / phrase you can do it in Team Chat :o Not public chat. For example the "Flag in danger" bind that a few folk have can be spammed just in Team Chat multiple times ^_^

So if you wanted to test the health/armor bind for this experiment, maybe try it that way.
kyree wrote:
Spoofer wrote:
kyree wrote:

When it's easier to make a blanket statement as opposed to making exceptions? Like Drippy doesn't have better things to do?
I'm not trying to be argumentative... But shit is put in place due to past actions... I've watched it evolve... If there's a way to exploit something, Drippy has put a stop to it.. Nail grenades in the floor/ceiling is a prime example
Emps are supposed to go through walls and floors.. Nail grenades being more powerful through an exploit aren't

What is this nail grenade exploit I hear about? Is it like you throw it and time it in such away that it gets lodged in the floor or ceiling?
If spoofer isn’t an astrophysicist or it’s likes, he’s missed his calling ?
BuckNasty wrote:
All Lives Matter

No one's saying that your life doesn't matter.

What we're saying is all lives can't matter until black lives matter.
Backalleybuttlove wrote:
kyree wrote:
Spoofer wrote:

What is this nail grenade exploit I hear about? Is it like you throw it and time it in such away that it gets lodged in the floor or ceiling?

Yes Sir, and the blast damage is magnified.. But please don't try it on Drippys
EnginGhent wrote:
BuckNasty wrote:
All Lives Matter

The mere fact that this has to be explained...
And not all lives matter pedophiles and and animal abusers.. Fuck them!
EnginGhent wrote:
BuckNasty wrote:
All Lives Matter

Why are you, a white guy, telling Buck, a person of color, what it means?
1. I'm a person of color.
2. It's a quote from https://ayanalage.com/ that I like a lot.
3. It doesn't seem like people understand what "Black Lives Matter" means.

It's not "Black Lives Matter [more]." It's "Black Lives Matter [too]."
Doesn't take away from Buck being able to think for himself.

I'm not saying he believes that way, but not all POC's buy in to BLM's message. That doesn't make their view unimportant.
kyree wrote:
Backalleybuttlove wrote:
kyree wrote:

Yes Sir, and the blast damage is magnified.. But please don't try it on Drippys

Drippy- has a mod in place to prevent it from working.

I wouldn't recommend trying it anywhere, though... as other servers might just ban you for it.
Prelude to Agony wrote:
Doesn't take away from Buck being able to think for himself.

I'm not saying he believes that way, but not all POC's buy in to BLM's message. That doesn't make their view unimportant.

Totally fair. He's entitled to agree or disagree with the BLM message. To each their own.

Though it is important that people understand what it means before taking a position that seemingly suggests the lack of that understanding, regardless of their own thoughts/opinions/agreements.
I live in Seattle... Once BLM was monetized I was done!
Don't ever think I wasn't out in the streets being mad about shit... I didn't burn shit,and I didn't assault people... But don't ever think I wasn't there
Personally, I think white people need to shut up and just listen. They act like they know what's best for PoC without listening to them. Getting behind a cause without really understanding it. For some, that white guilt runs hard, and makes them more of a liability than an ally.

I get you tho...just seemed odd was all.
I fucking love you telling people to shut up... It's like.. You have the ability, and the authority
Prelude to Agony wrote:
Personally, I think white people need to shut up and just listen.

If you're a reader (or a listener via audio-books) - this book is fantastic. Highly recommend.

https://www.amazon.com/Caste-Origins-Discontents-Isabel-Wilk...
Hold up.. BUCK is a poc?
Like it matters... As long as you aren't a Mexican sniper
Buck is half-honkey, half-knee-grow.

Oh, and all asshole when he wants to be. ;)

If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in