Future of russia ?? ukraine ?? conflict
Whiners Corner➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
How do you think the war, sorry I meant SMO, will unfold from here?
It's going to get uglier. The problem is that Putin doesn't even realize that he's pretty much lost this conflict already.

As I understand it, he's conscripting prisoners to send in as soldiers.
EmotionallyDisturbedParakeet wrote:

It is giving Activision-Blizzard and EA DICE a lot of new ideas for future CoD and Battlefield games.

Also shut your fucking mouth gaba.
I think Putin is going to croak in office.
This war may be going on for another year unless a drastic event happens where other parties (directly) get involved

It is clear that western weaponry is superior. Any one who says otherwise is not paying attention. I would recommend checking out some of the OSINT (Open Source Intelligence) Twitter accounts for daily updates on the war.
XenOz3r0xT wrote:

It is giving Activision-Blizzard and EA DICE a lot of new ideas for future CoD and Battlefield games.

Also shut your fucking mouth gaba.

Fuck Blizzard.

That is all.
"Fuck Blizzard."

I agree. Anything beyond Warcraft II is complete and utter shite.
Fuck Blizzard except for:

Warcraft 1 and 2, Starcraft and expansions, Starcraft 2 and expansions (IGGY YOU CANNOT LIKE WARCRAFT AND DISLIKE STARCRAFT - ME THINKS YOU NEVER PLAYED IT), Diablo 1,2.

Fuck toxic culture in the gaming industry. Rampant.

Not Blizzard, but Bethesda:

You like Skyrim, eh? You like Skyrim's music, eh? Go read about how much of a piece of shit Jeremy Soule is and why he has been MIA for a few years. He's done.
Ooooohhhh....

You're right. I never played Starcraft. Not even back in the Amiga days. I heard about it, and I don't have anything against it. Just doesn't seem to be MY kind of game.

Heh.... I would say, "Buy it for me, and I'll try it".... but given the last couple of months, you just fucking MIGHT!

I'll tell you what.... once Katina and I fully recover from the whole Covid thing (meaning getting back on track financially), and I can afford it, (and don't you fucking DARE!) I'll pick it up. I assume it's either on Steam, Origin or GOG. All three of which I have. I'll have a go at it. Hell, I'll even record a video of it. Okay?

Right up your alley.

Science Fiction? Check.
Real Time Strategy? Check.
Cool story? Check.
3 different races and play styles? Check.
Dominated online by Koreans? Check.
What's wrong with Blizzard? I was huge into SC1 and got into SC2 a bit. I'm not a fan of the whole battle net thing.

I hear there is rampant cheating in Modern Warfare. I've seen lots of suspicious stuff in CS:GO, which is why I'm rarely on.
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:
I think Putin is going to croak in office.
This war may be going on for another year unless a drastic event happens where other parties (directly) get involved

It is clear that western weaponry is superior. Any one who says otherwise is not paying attention. I would recommend checking out some of the OSINT (Open Source Intelligence) Twitter accounts for daily updates on the war.

I don’t believe this military conflict will ever truly end as long as Putin is alive, and he’s going to die in office, as you said. I think we may see a ceasefire plan developed in a year, which when ratified will eventually be violated by periodic Russian attacks/flare ups, and more hybrid warfare to subjugate Ukraine as an independent, western/NATO-aligned entity.

While Putin clearly made miscalculations a vis Ukrainian temerity(we all did), I don’t know how true the “hurr durr Russia is getting its ass kicked” is.

I think in Putin’s calculus (and Chinese military doctrine, too), there’s nothing intrinsically illegitimate or wrong with taking tremendous losses, so long as certain objectives are reached, unless the extent of those losses cause a coup or popular uprising. This is likely the only reason why mobilization hasn’t been enacted.

While Putin would have preferred to snap up all of Ukraine in a three day sprint, I don’t believe he’s quite as humiliated or cornered as the western media portrays. I think he’s a sometimes brilliant Machiavellian geo-political psychopath (NOT military strategist) who is playing a long game with multiple approaches to reach core objectives.

I think he believes he can outlast the resolve of the divided west and our limited attention span.

I think it’s a bit presumptuous to proclaim confidence in any single theory as to how this may unfold, but, I do believe Putin’s personality type prohibits him from stopping, even if it seems rational to do so (and paradoxically, I do believe he’s a rational, if not psychopathic, actor).

I think the course of the war will of course be largely affected by US policy, but, I’m not sure what the long term US plan is. Maybe someone can educate me. At the current trajectory, it seems like it’ll take years for the military equipment we’ve been sending in small packages to build up en masse enough to push Russia to the pre 2014 borders.

Generally, I think I support the US approach of sending continuous smaller packages of military assistance, but, at the same time, I’m not sure if it is being done this way merely to avoid triggering a broader conflict or if there’s just plain not a longer term plan in place yet.

We could probably end the war if we gave Ukraine like five F35’s and $100bn worth of high tech bombs, or something, but we won’t do that.

I’m reading reports Ukrainian pilots are training on realistic A10 warthog simulators* in anticipation of receiving them from the U.S. I’m unaware of an official agreement. That would certainly be a game changer.

But what happens after that? So A10s start decimating Russian formations in meaningful quantities. You think Putin is just going to say “gg well played I surrender!” ? While i think use of nuclear ☢️ weapons of any yield is unlikely, I think the option of using gas or biological warfare will become an increasing attractive option if Putin is faced with true humiliation or undeniable loss, and I think that’s the inflection point we are trying to avoid.

* raises fist defiantly brrrt

Ignorant_Florist wrote:
It's going to get uglier. The problem is that Putin doesn't even realize that he's pretty much lost this conflict already.

As I understand it, he's conscripting prisoners to send in as soldiers.

What do you mean by get uglier, exactly? I fundamentally agree, but, this could “get uglier” in myriad ways:

- regional confrontation (attack Finland or Sweden before they join NATO?)
- escalation of current conventional tactics. Mobilization is still an option. I recently read an article Putin ordered increasing the number of military personnel by an approximate 137,000 members
- introduction of new weapons onto the battlefield (gas, nuclear)

As far as the quip about Putin not realizing he’s lost already, I could not disagree more. He’s taking losses. But that’s okay, because he’s still able to inflict damage. He can strike anywhere, anytime in Ukraine with an unknown-sized fleet of hypersonic cruise missiles that cannot be stopped by existing technology*. He grabbed Crimea overnight with little green men in military fatigues without insignia before anyone knew what tf was happening. He bided his time until Trump was out of office to try to capture Ukraine, but he’s perfectly content with swallowing another chunk, in this case The eastern Donbas and most of the coastline, and biding his time.

Putin is like a giant snake ? swallowing Ukraine one bit at a time. You can kick and stomp a snake, but they’re damn hard to kill mechanically and can take a hell of a lot of damage and physical insults before dying or retreating. The giant snake might pause its swallowing, but it’ll just keep unhinging it’s jaw and swallowing more and more of its prey until it dies, however long that takes, and I think that is what we are dealing with

* Israel ?? recently deployed the iron beam system which is a laser that shoots down rockets. I think lasers will be developed to counter hypersonic cruise missiles someday.
This is a good video about Putin’s rationale for going into Ukraine. For more geopolitical videos I watch his channel, real life lore, on Nebula:

“Why Russia is invading Ukraine”

https://youtu.be/If61baWF4GE

This is a good PBS video called “Russia’s road to war” with American-Russian journalist Julia Loffe

https://youtu.be/kSNo2FPQDQw

This is a good WP article detailing the events of the initial invasion

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/interactive...
This is a good but highly graphic WaPo repository of verified videos of the Ukraine conflict. Contains imagery of deceased and mangled bodies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/interactive/2022/ukrain...
Speaking of gore, there’s a video that allegedly shows a Ukrainian POW being castrated with what appears to be box cutters. If you have a weak stomach, don’t watch it, but you can find two parts of the video on Reddit.

What’s horrific to me about that isn’t just the obvious brutality, but rather, I believe this is not only happening on a vast on both sides but that this isn’t new, this is just what human war looks like. Mutilating genitalia and faces, that is ape / chimpanzee behavior.

What the fuck are we? Which ones of us here reading this thread would be capable of similar behavior under similar circumstances? I don’t know.
I was hoping moose poop and Matt and angry salad would be arguing different view points by now but apparently they got girlfriends and think they’re too good for us. Fucking losers.
Ignorant_Florist wrote:
Ooooohhhh....

You're right. I never played Starcraft. Not even back in the Amiga days. I heard about it, and I don't have anything against it. Just doesn't seem to be MY kind of game.

Heh.... I would say, "Buy it for me, and I'll try it".... but given the last couple of months, you just fucking MIGHT!

I'll tell you what.... once Katina and I fully recover from the whole Covid thing (meaning getting back on track financially), and I can afford it, (and don't you fucking DARE!) I'll pick it up. I assume it's either on Steam, Origin or GOG. All three of which I have. I'll have a go at it. Hell, I'll even record a video of it. Okay?

Starcraft Remastered is FREE on prime gaming for the next four days. If you have an amazon prime membership, you can get the game for nothing.
This is a great interview: https://youtu.be/NFngc_8RiVc "Former top Pentagon advisor Col. Doug Macgregor on Russia-Ukraine war"

I think the conflict will drag on until public sentiment here changes and we find an opportunity to throw Zelensky under the bus and bail after we've run out of money to give the Nazis.
Prelude to Agony wrote:
Ignorant_Florist wrote:
Ooooohhhh....

Starcraft Remastered is FREE on prime gaming for the next four days. If you have an amazon prime membership, you can get the game for nothing.

Done! Thanks for the tip! I didn't know Battle.net was still a thing.
There's a new set of free games every month with Prime. Some of them are whatever, but I've actually snagged some really good titles this way.

That's the only downside to Steam. These other platforms throw us a bone here or there. Epic has been doing free shit for awhile, so I've lucked out and picked up some games that I'd had on my Steam wishlist for nothing.
level1nobody wrote:
This is a great interview: https://youtu.be/NFngc_8RiVc "Former top Pentagon advisor Col. Doug Macgregor on Russia-Ukraine war"

I think the conflict will drag on until public sentiment here changes and we find an opportunity to throw Zelensky under the bus and bail after we've run out of money to give the Nazis.

You say this as if there's no nazis in Russia. ?
Prelude to Agony wrote:
There's a new set of free games every month with Prime. Some of them are whatever, but I've actually snagged some really good titles this way.

That's the only downside to Steam. These other platforms throw us a bone here or there. Epic has been doing free shit for awhile, so I've lucked out and picked up some games that I'd had on my Steam wishlist for nothing.

Yeah, Origin does that, too. I've got a bunch of games in that library as well.

I also picked up Fallguys, although I had to link it to my Steam Account. What a bunch of steps. Sheesh. Don't they know not all gamers are kids?
Christ, I haven't looked at Origin in awhile, though some of the freebies I've got on Epic or Prime give you the code to redeem the game there.

Have you given FG a go? Deceptively hard in some respects.
Not yet.... still downloading all this shit.
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:

I'm looking at the bigger picture and which country has a Nazi military regiment.
There's also the Rusich unit of PMC Wagner Group. Nazis fighting for Russia.
Just sayin, that shit is all over that part of the world. Not just Azov.

Regardless, I know what you mean. No sense in going tit for tat on it. I just think it silly that Putin used that as one of the pretexts for the invasion (oh, sorry, special operation) when they're also at his front door, too,fighting in his ranks.
Slavic paganism has been on the rise for a while. Lots of anti-semitism everywhere. But yet, it's not the majority. Most people are like you and me and want nothing to do with that garbage.

(I lost my draft... argh. Typing over.) I do hope so (that most people are like us...).

Did Russia formally integrate Wagner into their military? Or are they using Nazis like the U.S. did during Operation Paperclip? And going back historically, Russia sacrificed the most of any allied country to defeat Hitler, while 250,000 Ukrainians fought for him.

Not to mention Ukraine's government has banned unions and opposition parties. They are showing themselves to be the baddies at every turn.

Again, I'm looking at the bigger picture. Every day, I am inundated with pro-proxy-war propaganda, and yet I have to explicitly search for stories of Russian nazis capturing Ukrainian nazis.

Compare that to photos of Azov. I can't throw a rock without hitting a photo of a Ukrainian white nationalist with an Azov patch.

And that's with the full might of the NATO propaganda machine. And so much of what they told us in the early days has been debunked or proven suspect.
level1nobody wrote:
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:

I'm looking at the bigger picture and which country has a Nazi military regiment.

I have never heard that the azov regiment is nazi aligned. They are fighting to the death under the aegis of a government headed by a Jew no?
level1nobody wrote:

Unsure if your real view but intrigued
Russia out leverages the Ukraine due to the size of their military and hypothetical man-power (population). Population man-power, on the other hand, is a more immediate urgency for Zelenskyy. Sources of information say he is attempting to train a million people. In the long run this may be the most effective strategy for the Ukraine, which must 'out-attrition' Russia in the territories under occupation and prevent further invasion west towards Kyiv.

Arguments about technology are debatable. Countries anywhere in the world nowadays have some kind of modernized technology, but not with the same military capacity or population. And the idea that NATO weaponry is generally more advanced (even if being factually sound) does not account for every factor that may come into play.
I have never heard that the azov regiment is nazi aligned. They are fighting to the death under the aegis of a government headed by a Jew no?

Just stumbled upon this article and found it to be a good read: https://thegrayzone.com/2022/03/04/nazis-ukrainian-war-russi...
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in