[Poll] Legal or not?
Whiners Corner➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
Poll: Legal / Not legal

Legal (36%)

Not Legal (64%)

Poll has ended (it ran for 7 days). 14 total votes.

https://youtu.be/JMVGDPMLaKI
Correct me if I am wrong. I was attacked and with only an emp left I used it and tossed it at my attacker. I believe this is legal.
oh heck yes. love kills like that. legal cheap kill my friend.

emp is not legal. and your target was telly's going for easy fresh spawns.
Bad boy.. it’s considered a bit silly to engage in self-defence, as other new spawns may take damage. You took out a new spawn. Worth a 5 day ban? Of course not. But.. you’re an old-timer, you should know better. Next time, do NOT engage even if attacked. Just die or get out of there.
I've always thought secondaries in spawn were frowned upon regardless of the scenario due to splash damage or damage to surrounding players who are freshly spawning. Emp most definitely has a massive explosion if a Pyro had spawned and would've killed everyone.
Was under the impression that secondary nades are a no-no.

When I go tele hunting and end up in the hallway to the sniper deck I just kill myself. I try as much as possible not to engage fresh spawns to avoid cheap kill allegations.

I have to vote not legal. For one you threw a secondary nade. You lingered in there a little bit too long and not only that you threw the emp at ground zero of people respawning. Also, this is in the sniper respawn. If this was at the other respawn then maybe there would be more leeway. "I was trying to cap the flag and just wanted to get the hw that went back to resupply. Honest!"

Are you playing game in software mode?
Nowhere does it say secondary nades are against the rules in ss . The rule is against intentional cheap fresh spawn kills.
Nowhere in the Bible does it say we have to take it literally, yet people do.
Wait, that is a terrible analogy.

It has been stated before that secondary nades are not allowed in spawn. The grey area being when there's multiple teles and someone tries to take both out. But it's always been frowned upon simply because secondary nades are for taking out multiple targets. I'll be interested in hearing others' thoughts but I can tell you what LG did would most likely have resulted in admin action if witnessed and reported.

Also, throwing nades up sniper drop down. I'm seeking clarification because there are people who think that's OK to do if a tele is there.

In LGs defense his shottie is so bad even if he was firing on that engie hed hit fresh spawns.

Also you only had an EMP left because of your terrible nade placement. You should have just killed yourself.

You dont usually do this so I dont think it was out of maliciousness. Shit happens. If I were an admin and witnessed this I wouldnt have done anything.

Maybe if you did this every round on every run.
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:Also, throwing nades up sniper drop down. I'm seeking clarification because there are people who think that's OK to do if a tele is there.

This is tricky, because even if you KNOW there is a tele there because you were up there the run prior. You dont know if someone took it out already. The player changed classes and took his tele with them.

Id say for instances where you rocket, conc or nade jump and missed catching the lip and see a tele i would think its acceptable to then toss a nade up.
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:

It has been stated before that secondary nades are not allowed in spawn. The grey area being when there's multiple teles and someone tries to take both out. But it's always been frowned upon simply because secondary nades are for taking out multiple targets. I'll be interested in hearing others' thoughts but I can tell you what LG did would most likely have resulted in admin action if witnessed and reported.

Also, throwing nades up sniper drop down. I'm seeking clarification because there are people who think that's OK to do if a tele is there.

Where has it been stated by drippy that secondary nades are not allowed? Where does it state this rule on the rules section on the website?

The stated rule is against intentional fresh spawn kills.

If someone wants to prove me wrong, it should be easy.

I’ll wait.
But the point is moot, caltrops at spawn exit currently still legal ?
Tossing grenade at teleporter - legal
Fight a respawn player that engages with you - legal
Chasing after said target - legal
Killing target and collateral damage - legal

Only thing in question is the use of secondary grenades. Is there a rule against it in the respawn area when fighting a player that is “in play”?
The word "intent" is often thrown around as a deciding factor in grey-area cases like this. It doesn't look like LG had intent to kill freshly spawn players, yet EVERYONE who plays TFC knows EMPs are one of the most powerful weapons in the game and can easily kill multiple people. Like I said above, if a Pyro had spawned and ran out the door, everyone would have died.
The rule says exactly what you say, yet it should be implied that secondary nades are usually intended for more damage than just one person.
This has been brought up here multiple times before. Are you suggesting the rules need to be updated with more strict guidelines?
In this case, I would think an admin who was playing (if in game) would have to make the executive decision as it would be up to our discretion. I can tell you if I saw this I or was in spawn, I would have warned LG at the very least. Though I'm happy this was posted because it would be good to have a clearer idea. One of the many things where people tend to have differing opinions.
I was sinister, the only reason i told LG nice emp in respawn is the fact all his other uploads he posts when he's the victim. I was the victim and simply told him he should know better then he just rq and posted it. As a Regular here its been beaten to death and the fact he always posts people killing him in spawn or baiting them in spawn to kill him and to record it. Secondary's are not allowed in any resupply and if they are why was I 5 day banned for a mirv long ago.
LG:
https://imgflip.com/i/6z4g3e
Well, we are here to find out the rules and hopefully, Drip or Iggy will chime in. BTW I did not RQ that was my last game of the night. There is a not-so-old post here where I got my opinion that when attacked in resupply you can defend yourself. It also mentioned that you could use an emp if it is your last nade. Secondly, you were not the intended target, the attacking engineer was he was tossing nades around the corner, I had no intent to kill anyone but him/her. You were sadly collateral damage.
Your target didnt even die after an EMP, 2 grenades and 3 shot gun blasts lol.
@9x, you were in the game with LG?

@engieghent, nice meme. LG, methinks thou doth protest too much.

Regarding the secondary nades rule, it isn't in the written rules per se but the rule against multiple gas nades sort of allude to it; I recall this both coming up in the forums and in the in game chat that they aren't allowed. I'm sure you could check the archives. But it sort of makes sense since secondary nades are very powerful and MIRVs and nail nades would be prone to kill fresh spawns.

It is a nuanced situation, I'll grant that. Don't think it would warrant a 5 day ban but I still think this violates the no cheap kills rule.

What does the Happy Halloween Oktoberfest dancing ralphy do?
That EMP looked like you getting caught up in the moment more than malicious intent.

EnginGhent wrote:
LG:
https://imgflip.com/i/6z4g3e

Haha

@Gaba: Caltrops are at least survivable. Stacked flame damage at spawn exit takes it to another level.
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:

Hit me up on Steam.

Also... on topic: https://www.lunaticrage.com/drippy/forum.php?a=vt&f=1&t=1550...
I voted legal but I feel its like maybe another hair or two away from being illegal. There should be a third option where its legal but flirting way to close to that line. LG did not have to use his grenades or anything that goes boom or does splash or AOE damage. He could have used his hitscan, melee, and/or non-explosive projectile weapons (railgun). So from my understanding you can use whatever you want however (emphasis on however), if anything you use has the potential to damage an “innocent”, you will get warned/ banned for it. If no one was in that spawn and if no one spawned in and he used those grenades he would be in the clear since no one is around, but because there were people and they got hit, that would put him in hot water. From the video it looks like the frag that destroyed that tele also hurt UPSET, hence UPSET fighting back. So yeah flirting way too close to that line. Even if he used his SSG to take out the tele and then UPSET came around the corner and shot him, he would still be in hot water for using the EMP cause it hit that “innocent” sniper. If UPSET was purely alone and no one spawned in/ is in the immediate area of that EMP AOE, then LG is in the clear.

That’s how I understood the rule of going after buildables or following someone you are attacking into the spawn(s). Didn’t know using secondary grenades is a no no. I also use innocent in quotes because with the new spawn protection added, is it really going after freshly spawned players if that player forfeits their spawn protection by priming a grenade or shooting off their gun (whether on purpose or by accident)? Like I feel that rule makes things so complicated because now lets say that sniper had a grenade primed, ran out, and still UPSET gets killed from the EMP and the Sniper of course got hurt, but because that sniper forfeited his spawn protection, is LG in the wrong now?

PS- Not sticking up for him or petitioning him to get banned. Just ideas and thoughts from my brain but I know for sure if I chase one of you fags into spawn or go for buildables, I will only use non-hitscan weapons if no one is around to get hurt and then switch to hitscan once someone “innocent” shows up. Heck sometimes I wait to get to point blank range when going after someone who ran into spawn or destroying buildable because I don’t want one “pellet” from my hitscan guns cone damage radius thing to hit someone that was not the target. If someone retaliates against me then again to not hurt an “innocent” I’ll stick with the hitscan or RPG if its just me and the attacker.

PSS – FGFGF SPAM MORE YOU FAGS ITS NOT YOUR CLAN DAYS OF 1999, NO ONE CARES HOW FAST YOU CAN HIT YOUR PRIMEGREN1 BUTTON. (>_<) <3
""I'm out of frag nades, can I use a class grenade just this once?"

No. Do not under any circumstances, use a "class specific" grenade in there. Concussion grenades, you may(!) get away with, as they cause no actual damage. ONE Spy pill at the dropdown is legal(see Main Respawn exit rules). Inside, I wouldn't chance it. No MIRVs, no EMPs, no Nail Grenades, etc. If you don't have a frag grenade, move on, die, and come back with one."

Iggy has spoken. OFF WITH LG'S HEAD!
@XenOz3r0xT, what do you mean by hitscan?

"No. Setting a detpack, or building a Sentry Gun/dispenser is directly going for "cheap kills". Don't do it."

I was under the impression detpack was okay but sentry gun was a no-no.
Drippy wrote:
The point being its about intent, not method. You were saying no matter what using a mirv in the spawn is trying to get cheap kills. Its not that clear, and the !rules and FAQ explain that.
The rules allow for trying to kill people hiding in spawn, and there very well could be a need to use a mirv to do that - maybe the person chasing only had a mirv left and was about to die and it was his only chance at killing the spawn hugger. On the other hand, they could chase someone in spawn, then ignore them and drop all their mirvs further in, which is clearly just trying to get cheap kills.
It could go either way, and that particular situation seemed like he was just trying to kill the guy he chased in. I can't say for sure, but neither could you as you were just spawning.

This is how I see it:
When the engineer tossed grenades at me he became in play and my target, and then he ran back to hide around the corner I then perceived him as a spawn hugger. Only having a miv (secondary) left and I was about to die it was my only chance at killing the “spawn hugger”. The player that spawned was an un intended casualty. My first intent was only to take out the teles, and then I was attacked. My attacker ran around the corner to hide in spawn. I still believe that my actions were legal. But I do know that the interruptions of the admin are all than matter. Again, I reiterate I am trying the follow the rules, that’s why I posted this post.
gg#4 wrote:

No. Do not under any circumstances, use a "class specific" grenade in there. Concussion grenades, you may(!) get away with, as they cause no actual damage. ONE Spy pill at the dropdown is legal(see Main Respawn exit rules). Inside, I wouldn't chance it. No MIRVs, no EMPs, no Nail Grenades, etc. If you don't have a frag grenade, move on, die, and come back with one."

You need to read on, see Drippys response.
gg#4 wrote:

Read the rest of the thread.... Drippy- clarified things a bit.
@BABL Hitscans are the weapons that don’t need a “travel time” like the shotguns and sniper/ auto rifles and AC (probably missing one lol).

Also thought setting a detpack and building an SG is legal cause the time it takes to set it up/ build it, balances out how easily of a sitting duck you are. Like if you’re able to get away with it then the other team deserves to get rekt by it.
That's valid outside the Respawn, not inside of it.
XenOz3r0xT wrote:
@BABL Hitscans are the weapons that don’t need a “travel time” like the shotguns and sniper/ auto rifles and AC (probably missing one lol).

Also thought setting a detpack and building an SG is legal cause the time it takes to set it up/ build it, balances out how easily of a sitting duck you are. Like if you’re able to get away with it then the other team deserves to get rekt by it.

Yeah, my interpretation is no pills, detpacks, or SGs inside resupply.
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in