[Poll] Ok is this legal?
Whiners Corner➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
Poll: Hell,

Yes (63%)

No (38%)

Poll has ended (it ran for 7 days). 16 total votes.

https://youtu.be/UhoB8IbmQQs
No, I did not report it.
It's Blorp. There's only one right answer.
My understanding is that since that spawn has an alternate method of exit, then yes, it's technically "legal"

Similarly to if he was camping sniper deck and you chose to go out sniper spawn door, it's legal.

Doesn't mean it's not annoying, though
Psshhh...you could have avoided that. Your teammate could have done something to save you.

Do you just get pissed off every time you die, record it, post it to YT to come on here and make some poll for attention?

Christ, you can tell someone has never been spawn locked in CoD before. This isn't shit compared to that...and I like the challenge of breaking their lock and turning the tables.

Christ, you can tell someone has never been spawn locked in CoD before. This isn't shit compared to that...and I like the challenge of breaking their lock and turning the tables

Literally just dealt with this a half hour ago. Some guy seemed to have figured out the spawn algorithm and I couldn't get more than 5 steps without getting smacked. Guy finished the round like 42-11...just demolishing spawn. I was probably 17 of his kills alone
In CoD or here? There are some players that live for that shit, and if they get the right teammates and they catch on, it's easy to do.

I've done it, I've had it done. After awhile, the devs add spawn points to eliminate it.
LGMB95033 wrote:
https://youtu.be/UhoB8IbmQQs
No, I did not report it.

From my POV, it is legal because you primed your grenade while dropping and I think that forfeits your “spawn protection”. If you just dropped with no primping or whatever the rules are that relinquish your spawn protection, then blorp would be in the wrong.

Of course I have no clue where the spawn protection ends (like what tile exactly). But I don’t remember it ever being “drawn out” for us and is more of a trial and error thing to know how far the spark protection extends to.
Good point about the grenade prime. But is the sniper off the hook? Could they have possibly heard the grenade prime from the ramp room? Are the rules based on behavior (attempt at cheap kill) or results (actual cheap kill)?
Prelude to Agony wrote:
Psshhh...you could have avoided that. Your teammate could have done something to save you.

Do you just get pissed off every time you die, record it, post it to YT to come on here and make some poll for attention?

Christ, you can tell someone has never been spawn locked in CoD before. This isn't shit compared to that...and I like the challenge of breaking their lock and turning the tables.

You Mad Bro?
level1nobody wrote:
Good point about the grenade prime. But is the sniper off the hook? Could they have possibly heard the grenade prime from the ramp room? Are the rules based on behavior (attempt at cheap kill) or results (actual cheap kill)?

That is a good point, if I had primed the grenade before dropping I would definitely be in play, but I only primed it after I saw he was still in the long corridor.
level1nobody wrote:
It's Blorp. There's only one right answer.

Blorp /blorp/ noun The sound a turd makes as it hits the blue solution in a porta potty.
LGMB95033 wrote:
Prelude to Agony wrote:

You Mad Bro?

Not mad; perplexed by your constant crying about shit in a nearly 25 year old game. Shit on.
You do understand what the whiners corner is? I can explain it. Do I need me to speak slowly? I can provide pictures. I'm here to help, this can your safe place. Do you need a hug?
Lets start here https://www.psychalive.org/isolation-and-loneliness/
It ok to be frightened, it ok.
Relax, princess. I concede, you generally post your shit in the right spot. You're definitely the Whiner queen.

After reading your comment, I'm not entirely sure you can explain it since you need to speak slowly to yourself, but give it a shot if you want. The last line was epic; it's almost as if you're starting to grasp the language.

Illegal imo. Yes, Mr Snitch primed a nade just as he was sniped, but Blorp was camping the sniper drop down and fired regardless of the click of the nade. Drippy’s banned him so many times and he’s still looking for trouble.
https://imgflip.com/i/72hx9r
Prelude to Agony wrote:
Relax, princess. I concede, you generally post your shit in the right spot. You're definitely the Whiner queen.

After reading your comment, I'm not entirely sure you can explain it since you need to speak slowly to yourself, but give it a shot if you want. The last line was epic; it's almost as if you're starting to grasp the language.

Don't get your panties in a bunch. This still is your safe place.
mmarino51589 wrote:
My understanding is that since that spawn has an alternate method of exit, then yes, it's technically "legal"

Similarly to if he was camping sniper deck and you chose to go out sniper spawn door, it's legal.

Doesn't mean it's not annoying, though

From what I recall on the forums, camping/spamming the sniper drop off is a no-no but there's more leeway with fresh spawns exiting the sniper deck. Hence why Mr. Walnuts et al. can get away with piping the sniper deck door but not the drop off. I forget the rational but IIRC it's because with the sniper deck door you have an actual chance of retreating whereas piping the sniper drop off is more of a dick move. Also, I think the time it takes to go the sniper deck door is longer so at that point you're sort of "in play."

A bit of a gray area. The nade is primed a split second before blorp snipes you but blorp had his sniper rifle clearly charged for fresh spawns exiting the sniper drop off. Based on what I recall from the forums and the letter and spirit of the law being no cheap kills I vote a soft no. At worst it's a cheap kill at best it's below the belt play.
In a broad sense, I consider the sniper exit to be closer to an act of aggression to the other team and therefore more "fair game." Most people who use it are throwing themselves into the action.

Exiting through the drop down is arguably more "minding your own business" and less deserving of spam.

Again, I mean that in a very general sense.
Shut up
I wasn't camping there waiting for someone to drop.. I was advancing down the hallway into the ramp room. Often someone spawns behind me and kills me. I just happened to check behind me when you dropped. Also I thought this was legal since it's sniper spawn and has 2 exits?

Where's the line on this? Your feet were on the ground when I shot you. You were out of spawn. Watch it again. Am I supposed to let you get a shot in first?
This side of the sniper spawn is protected. The battlement side is a free for all.
TheBlorp wrote:
I wasn't camping there waiting for someone to drop.. I was advancing down the hallway into the ramp room. Often someone spawns behind me and kills me. I just happened to check behind me when you dropped. Also I thought this was legal since it's sniper spawn and has 2 exits?

Where's the line on this? Your feet were on the ground when I shot you. You were out of spawn. Watch it again. Am I supposed to let you get a shot in first?

My issue is you have the advantage your gun was primed and pointed at the exit. I had to drop, look and see you then take action. Personally, I see it this way you were camping spawn exit. I think it was not legal.
gg#4 wrote:
This side of the sniper spawn is protected. The battlement side is a free for all.

Exactly how I understand it.
LGMB95033 wrote:
You do understand what the whiners corner is? I can explain it. Do I need me to speak slowly? I can provide pictures. I'm here to help, this can your safe place. Do you need a hug?
Lets start here https://www.psychalive.org/isolation-and-loneliness/
It ok to be frightened, it ok.

i would like a hug and safe spaces to cry.

i use my tears as lube to masturbate.

i concur with mike that it's legal. i mean it's legal to camp the sniper exit on deck with pipes for the same reasoning.
How is that camping? Blorp killed him in one spot then went to another. He happened to respawn and pick that one of three exits, its common sense that Blorp would be checking the exit as he works his way down the hall towards the ramps.

Can I whine and report and post video of every single time a grenade is thrown into that drop corner? Everyone does it... its no different.
LG-5150.. are you using some mod that adds more giblets? What's it called, I want it
LGMB95033 wrote:
My issue is you have the advantage your gun was primed and pointed at the exit. I had to drop, look and see you then take action. Personally, I see it this way you were camping spawn exit. I think it was not legal.

You had the advantage of 2 exits but you chose the one (knowingly, based on your hesitation) he was watching.
When I pass the drop down right as someone's exiting, I try to not engage immediately and instead just hightail it to the ramp room, maybe tossing a frag laterally in case they pursue.

And for the case when you kill someone and expect them to respawn and hunt you down, why not wait around a corner? By the time you see each other, they'll definitely be in play.
TheBlorp wrote:
LG-5150.. are you using some mod that adds more giblets? What's it called, I want it

Talk about blending into the crowd at the scene of your own crime!

cl_gibcount 99999 in console
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in