I've been robbed!
General Discussion➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
Who the hell steals plants? Woke up this morning to find these gone: 4 Zinnias, 4 Baby's Breaths, 3 Gladiolas, 1 Dahlia, 1 Bougainvillea, 1 Garlic, 1 Habanero and 1 Cayenne Pepper gone. Idiots. I'm actually amused at how pitiful that is
Seriously.

I hate people. I hope when that Habanero grows, they mistakenly shove it in their ass.
Jesus! I live in Baltimore and theft ain't THAT bad!

I mean, I've been breeding plants for sale since we moved into this house... I leave the potted ones sitting in my front yard, pretty much unguarded, and shit like that doesn't happen.

If you need/want any daylillies(I have singles in 3 different colours, and double-daylillies in a bright orange)... let me know. I know how to ship them properly.

The singles, I'd have to wait until they bloom to know which ones are which colour... but the doubles are all one colour. Shouldn't cost much to send them bare. So... on the house, so to speak. Just hit me up, man. I usually post them locally for $5 per, with deals for "bulk buys"(5 or more).

Not looking to start a business or anything... just to help offset the water bill. ?

Oh, it's a thing.

I once had 14 Sego palms "procured" ...

love daylillies, tall bearded Iris and crocus at the base
I know about palms and cactus getting stolen because resale is worth it but these were common garden plants.
Ignorant_Florist wrote:
Jesus! I live in Baltimore and theft ain't THAT bad!

I mean, I've been breeding plants for sale since we moved into this house... I leave the potted ones sitting in my front yard, pretty much unguarded, and shit like that doesn't happen.

If you need/want any daylillies(I have singles in 3 different colours, and double-daylillies in a bright orange)... let me know. I know how to ship them properly.

The singles, I'd have to wait until they bloom to know which ones are which colour... but the doubles are all one colour. Shouldn't cost much to send them bare. So... on the house, so to speak. Just hit me up, man. I usually post them locally for $5 per, with deals for "bulk buys"(5 or more).

Not looking to start a business or anything... just to help offset the water bill. ?

Thanks Iggy. I'm good on plants at the moment. The ones stolen were in a staging/rehab area. The only one that irritates me is the Bougainvillea. It was just literally twigs after getting decimated by a wind storm when I put it in rehab and was getting nice and full again after months of care. There is a camera on that area so I'm waiting for the owner to get back to me...
moose poop wrote:
Oh, it's a thing.

I once had 14 Sego palms "procured" ...

My Sego palm is right next to my front door and I would go full Liam Neeson if someone stole that as I've had that guy for about 10 years
https://media0.giphy.com/media/ax7HxqkjPg2Yw/200.gif
Got the plants back. Thank god for security cameras. I have them pulling a truck up and stealing them. Took a walk around and found them sitting on someone's balcony. I'll upload the video when I get a copy.
Being American and all, do you get to shoot them for that?
Yeaaaa....no.

Not even in the kneecap?
I mean....I'm not saying I'm against it. But, that really doesn't rise up to the level of a cap in the ass crime, you know? And I love plants, mind you.

Now, as I've stated, I'm all for them getting a free ass kicking.
Same sentiment, even though I was being facetious with the kneecapping thing. Sort of.
As was I...kinda.

Sometimes, fuckers need a real and painful consequence for their stupid actions. Stern words or a slap on the wrist doesn't always work.
They are also on video taking a package off another person's stoop then throwing it in the trash. Found out they just moved in 10 days ago. They have been evicted as of today and have until Thursday to move out.
That's a quick eviction. Hopefully they actually leave.
People steal plants all the time. Usually its not peppers though

Reminds me of crazy rhubarb lady. Stealing rhubarb.
https://youtu.be/SDKuWphUaWI
sp0t wrote:
They are also on video taking a package off another person's stoop then throwing it in the trash. Found out they just moved in 10 days ago. They have been evicted as of today and have until Thursday to move out.

i always suspected you'd be the sort of individuals who would cultivate plants worth stealing. you and angry.

plants are pet vegetables.
Apparently you never noticed that the only thing I post on my FB page is pictures of my plants :p
i noticed you have photos of everything and anything other than your actual face, except possibly in like one sketch that could be you, so i don't even know if you are, in fact, a real person.

but yeah, you have nice pet vegetables.
"you have nice pet vegetables."

That's no way to talk about his sister.

Last year, I was preparing a large in-ground planter to put in 6 double-bloom hibiscuses. I forgot the fertilizer and went inside and grabbed it. By the time I came back out, the plants were gone. This year, someone dug out a dozen cyclamen.
Prelude to Agony wrote:
As was I...kinda.

Sometimes, fuckers need a real and painful consequence for their stupid actions. Stern words or a slap on the wrist doesn't always work.

some people have never been smacked in the mouth, and it shows!
Mr. Walnuts wrote:
Last year, I was preparing a large in-ground planter to put in 6 double-bloom hibiscuses. I forgot the fertilizer and went inside and grabbed it. By the time I came back out, the plants were gone. This year, someone dug out a dozen cyclamen.

Rumor has it that the next morning they woke up in their bed to find green pipes by their bedroom door and Walnuts crouching in the corner of the bedroom. But drippy- checked the security camera and said it isn’t true.
End of Thread
RefreshNext Unread
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in