Crosshairs
D2F Discussion➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
So the default crosshairs have been gone for a while and i finally tried to enable them, but when I go to settings and crosshair appearance drop down nothing is there.

Also what is this timer on the top left. Says time, time played, fps.

I didnt make any setting changes. Just appeared.
"crosshair 1" in console (no quotes)

"net_graph 0" in console (no quotes...this is me guessing what is on regarding your second point)
gg#4 wrote:
So the default crosshairs have been gone for a while and i finally tried to enable them, but when I go to settings and crosshair appearance drop down nothing is there.

Also what is this timer on the top left. Says time, time played, fps.

I didnt make any setting changes. Just appeared.

assuming u have nothing of value in ur tfc folder, just delete it and then verify game integrity in steam and it should DL a fresh TFC for u with all the defaults settings
mmarino51589 wrote:
"crosshair 1" in console (no quotes)

"net_graph 0" in console (no quotes...this is me guessing what is on regarding your second point)

Ill try the crosshair thing.

This isnt net graph. Thats in the bottom right. Ill take screenshot later. Not sure how it got enabled as I dont even know what its called
Man what a difference crosshairs make. Ive been playing without them for months now.

Just need some headphones and I will become brah
Except if you have headphones, you will have to use a mic.
They make headphones without microphones.

Yall dont need another belligerent masshole on the mic
True. My pink, cat-ear headphones don't have a mic. But I've got a pretty decent mic so having a mic on the headphones would be redundant. Hell, I had to disable the mic on my camera because it's not as good as the stand-alone mic I've got.
https://imgur.com/4hTPMQC
so this is what i was talking about with the shit in the top left
In properties when you right click the game or steam setting there is something to disable in game fps. That might be it.
It was Razer Cortex

I put two and two together that everytime I close the game that thing pops up.

Weird. Not even sure how I got that program. I didnt download it.
gg#4 wrote:
https://imgur.com/4hTPMQC
so this is what i was talking about with the shit in the top left

Might be cl_showfps, but I don't know why the other ones are there. I thought that was about where your netgraph is.
This is my first time working with visualization mods for TFC, and I'm looking to replace my crosshairs. I found this pack: https://gamebanana.com/mods/376654
It has other stuff too like custom configs and resource scripts. Do these cross into the territory of unsanctioned scripting or unfair advantage? The cfg file provides 5 levels of zoom and the .rc "scripts" are just speak commands.

Aside from aliases that probably exist for doing perfectly-timed rocket jumps or split-second turn-and-backstabs, I really don't know what exactly is considered shady scripting. I worked at a place where I'd open a command prompt and my colleagues would think I was hacking. So I'm sure the opinions are all over the board.
To my understanding, it is all fair game. There was (from my research) a lot of scripts that let you hold on button to keep jumping to assist with bunny hopping but they patched out that command (it was _special or something) and I think that was the only script that was frowned upon. So if you come across any scripts that have _special in them, just ignore it since it won't work. I personally along with plenty others have our own scripts whether copy pasted online or made on our own. I don't know about others but I know some people use custom crosshairs found online but I preferred to make my own that are easy for me to see and gauge where to aim (although with the server being laggy as others mentioned, they aren't accurate at the moment).
End of Thread
RefreshNext Unread
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in