[Poll] Is drogon a newbie magnet?
D2F Discussion➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
Poll: It will be or will it not be?

Yes, always (8%)

Drippy is thinking about marking a bullseye in his spot (31%)

No, maybe random

Give the poor guy 4x armor (8%)

He complains but he is nice (38%)

He does a really good job in D (15%)

Poll has ended (it ran for 7 days). 13 total votes.

I have noticed that Drogon - Doofus is a very interesting target for any new player that appears and is on his team. He complains, explains that they take away his armor, but... he never manages to get rid of them. It ends up being like mosquitoes in summer. He suffers from them, but lives complaining.
I don't know why this happens, but it's fun to watch them walk past me and other players, and go up the ramp to our elevator just to shoot Drogon. And not once or twice, the whole game.
I’m taking a shit reading this laughing hysterically?
whenever he complains abt anything near ele (disp either top or bottom ele) as if he owns that spot... makes me wanna put it in that place even more.
I even remember he once argued with mintberry cause mint had set up his sg/disp/tele in ele as he often does that was kinda funny.
Peluchon wrote:
I have noticed that Drogon - Doofus is a very interesting target for any new player that appears and is on his team. He complains, explains that they take away his armor, but... he never manages to get rid of them. It ends up being like mosquitoes in summer. He suffers from them, but lives complaining.
I don't know why this happens, but it's fun to watch them walk past me and other players, and go up the ramp to our elevator just to shoot Drogon. And not once or twice, the whole game.

No hate towards the guy. But if you’re in my way , you’re in my way when I’m playing O. Regardless where in the enemy base anyone is actually not just Drogon in the elevator.
Lol. 'like mosquitoes' I think I sweat newbies. Actually, its easier to try to explain to newbies when they run up and unload their ammo on me. At least then I know they are newbies and I can sort of sigh and try to explain fast (before the next grenade gets tossed at me). Some of the other stupid stuff its a lot harder to keep it under control (OK, yeah. I usually fail in that regard)

I'll offer a few comments on blocking the elevator... If I'm standing there and I move to let you through, then you just move into my spot and take it, yeah, I do object. I was there first. I'll claim it until I move. If I was there and I died or went to get health, then when I got back you were standing there...OK, I'll stand behind you and be your back-up. I have no problems with someone taking it when I wasn't there.

As far as dispensers, my style is move and fight, usually fighting retreat. Any good O player will tell you that when they come into the ramp room and know I'm there they have a nade primed to toss at me before even entering the ramp room. If I can't back out of the way I'm dead. In most fairly busy games I probably average 4-8 deaths per game. If I couldn't back up I'd probably have 20-30 a game. And no its not just that I don't like dying (which I don't). As I've said before, I defend better when I'm not dead. If you build a dispenser when I'm standing there and refuse to remove it, then you have responsibility for defense at the ele. I'll go to the spiral, even if its just to be back up.

If you build an SG on the ramp next to the ele entrance while I'm standing there, I don't particularly care for it, but as long as I can move around it I'll live with it. If you block the ele with your SG while I'm there, yeah, its the same as having me move out of the way and taking my spot.

The above comments pretty much sum up my attitude when playing spiral too (which I do pretty regularly, even though people don't think of me there).
In before the move to WC!

(Because the above post was a whine and a half)
its not so serious. caring abt k/d ratio is silly.
XenOz3r0xT wrote:
No hate towards the guy. But if you’re in my way , you’re in my way when I’m playing O. Regardless where in the enemy base anyone is actually not just Drogon in the elevator.

I thought this was not about O, but about newbies on Drogon's team intentionally messing with him?

In any case, Drogon, I think your teammates mess with you because they know they'll get a response from you and it's funny to them.

Same reason I guess that we'll decide to !hunt Sprite at the same time — she just has the funniest reaction to being hunted. Except with Sprite, I don't remotely consider it griefing, just silly.
Ignorant_Florist wrote:
In before the move to WC!

(Because the above post was a whine and a half)

Ehhh more of kind of a wee bit selfish. I wish I could have my team work around me so I can be 110% when defending but sadly that’s not true or going to happen (I can recall when most people bunch up or interfere and block shots). I have to work around 95% of you nerds. It’s just something we have to adapt to. In regards to the dispenser, an engineer player told me that using it as a proximity awareness tool instead of a bomb had its advantages and it does because communication is key here. And also seconds count in this game a lot so the one moment in time someone isn’t at their post but the dispenser picks up something touching it is a great way to keep information going. Add to that it does delay conc jumpers a second or two which again is crucial. Especially when one has to resupply after taking 5+ grenades to the face from people who have every key and mouse button bound to primegren# and throwgren.

melissa wrote:
its not so serious. caring abt k/d ratio is silly.

Yup I agree with this. For a game that’s what?….20 years old where the community is no bigger than your average high school graduating class from the middle of no where Kansas….there isn’t that many people to impress. Unlike battlefield and CoD where you can wow all the virgins living in their moms basement with a community of tens of thousands of players.

level1nobody wrote:
XenOz3r0xT wrote:

I thought this was not about O, but about newbies on Drogon's team intentionally messing with him?

Watch your fucking mouth. You do realize gaba still defends me right? He’s a good merchant marine that sells Maine lobsters.
XenOz3r0xT wrote:
Watch your fucking mouth. You do realize gaba still defends me right? He’s a good merchant marine that sells Maine lobsters.

I ain't scared. You're talking to a United States Marine Biologist. (whale sound)-RAH!
Same reason I guess that we'll decide to !hunt Sprite at the same time — she just has the funniest reaction to being hunted. Except with Sprite, I don't remotely consider it griefing, just silly.

AHA!

I don't considering it griefing, it's fun as hell honestly.
Ha, good! I just can't get enough of repetitive humor... https://youtu.be/e6H_uyNFbb0
End of Thread
RefreshNext Unread
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in