Good game
D2F Discussion➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
Well, I think I’ve created enough hardships with my wife over this wonderfully addictive game. I’m finally calling it quits after over 20 years of the game. I enjoyed many of you guys and I hope y’all keep on trucking. Peace out!
Reckoner said that a few months back. Retirement didn’t last long ?
Help wrote:
Well, I think I’ve created enough hardships with my wife over this wonderfully addictive game. I’m finally calling it quits after over 20 years of the game. I enjoyed many of you guys and I hope y’all keep on trucking. Peace out!

I mean, I get it. But what the heckin, this sucks!

You shall be missed Help, you are fun to play with.

Not so fun to be on the opposite team of, though.

GG! :(
Noooo

Don't go! You're one of the best defenders playing right now.

GG?
This is why we need admins to dole out non-punitive "Go pay attention to your spouse" bans.
:(
At least I’ll stop jumping at shadows lol. I shoot every corpse I see twice when your in the game sprite ?. Thanks Illusion, I consider that a great compliment coming from one of the best offensive players. I wish y’all came along when clanning was a thing. It would of been a blast.
Hahaha! Love it! ...Yeah I played until about 2005/6 -ish and dropped off before I moved to Canada. I miss those days!

level1nobody wrote:
This is why we need admins to dole out non-punitive "Go pay attention to your spouse" bans.

Hahaha! I could just imagine iggy, "stop playing, and eat your wife's pussy!"
We all quit from time to time, hopefully you come back at some point. Good gaming with you even though drippy never allowed us to be on the same team most times.
Backalleybuttlove wrote:
level1nobody wrote:

Hahaha! I could just imagine iggy, "stop playing, and eat your wife's pussy!"

LMAO!

You just wait until the next time you're on....

(hint: I love that idea! It's hilarious!)
Is that why you were just playing spammy spy the other day?

You'll be back...They always come back.
Good game man, I'll miss you. I totally understand though. Sometimes there's just no other way to regulate. I don't think I'm up to two hands on the times I've quit, but I might be. The pandemic drove me back in 2021 after 9 years away. I've been considering another quit, but figured there'd be 0 servers by the time I came back again. Have fun with the fam and GG!
GL and HF Help, was nice playing with you

I'm sure we'll see you again in about 6-9 months even if it is briefly :)
The only thing I'll say on time-spent playing is that it is definitely addictive and I have to fight the urge to play some times.
There are times where I play this game but probably should be doing something a little more productive. I took a month or two break a little bit ago (computer was also out of commission) and it was nice.
But the urge was always there.
I suppose if it is affecting your life and relationships in a negative way, perhaps a break is needed. Or maybe designate a certain night or time for you to play (Friday nights 10pm-11pm or something).
A lot of us have families and other hobbies so it's hard to find the time we want to play this game or others.
I guess it just boils down to how you want to spend your time..
I find this to be a good release from reality.
Help wrote:
Well, I think I’ve created enough hardships with my wife over this wonderfully addictive game. I’m finally calling it quits after over 20 years of the game. I enjoyed many of you guys and I hope y’all keep on trucking. Peace out!</quote>
Wait, you mean you're calling it quits on your wife, right?

Right?
RIGHT?!
^ Sound logic, srs question.
HELP for Prez. Sorry to hear you're logging off.

-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:
Or maybe designate a certain night or time for you to play (Friday nights 10pm-11pm or something).
A lot of us have families and other hobbies so it's hard to find the time we want to play this game or others.

Was going to suggest something like this. Compromise!?
gg
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:
The only thing I'll say on time-spent playing is that it is definitely addictive and I have to fight the urge to play some times.
There are times where I play this game but probably should be doing something a little more productive. I took a month or two break a little bit ago (computer was also out of commission) and it was nice.
But the urge was always there.
I suppose if it is affecting your life and relationships in a negative way, perhaps a break is needed. Or maybe designate a certain night or time for you to play (Friday nights 10pm-11pm or something).
I guess it just boils down to how you want to spend your time..
I find this to be a good release from reality.

I had about a 2 week hiatus what with a thesis to defend and revisions to be made along with a virtual conference and going on vacation. Think I went AWOL from after July 26th to around August 10th. I was very tempted to play a little on the 27th of July the day before my thesis defense but I told myself that I needed all the time to prepare. The game and community isn't going anywhere barring an unexpected nuclear apocalypse.

Not sure if Help is a day player or a night player. I'm sure I've played with you. I'm usually on when the day skybox is on even though it's night my time. Since I've been on vacation I'm usually on with the night skybox. I see a lot of different faces during the different times. For example, I hardly see iggy on when I'm in Israel but see him on a lot when I'm here in the states. I notice a lot less flag caps with the night crew. Sad to see the #8 soldier flag capper take what I hope is a temporary leave of absence but you do what you got to do.

I had what I would call an acute gaming addiction in high school and the early part of college. At least in high school I managed to get good grades but I had virtually no social life because I would just play games. I failed a lot of my classes in my first semester at my first college because I spent too much time gaming. I'm glad things have changed and I was able to prioritize what with my thesis defense and thesis revisions having strict deadlines. Well, thesis revision was somewhat flexible. It paid off, I did pretty good on my thesis defense.

I personally know people with gaming/phone/electronic addictions and I don't think it bodes well for them. One of them literally listens to podcasts, watches tv, and plays games all day with exception to the occasional gym visit and drive to the gas station for coffee instead of brewing it at home and some light chores while the wife works and takes care of most of the house chores. That's why I like articles as opposed to an hours long podcast. Podcasts can be very time consuming. Sometimes I'll listen to one while playing TFC to kill two birds with one stone. I can read a 2000 word article in just a couple minutes.

I'm on probably 4-6 nights a week (shomer shabbos!) and play about 1-3 rounds. It also helps that there are times when the server is completely dead, I pretty much just play on drippy's, and TFC is pretty much the only game I play. I think time should be viewed like the food pyramid. Your leisure time should be at the tiny point at the top. When I play TFC after a hard day there's a feeling of, "I earned this."
me me me me me ^

@Help I hope you stick around as I enjoy playing with and against you. Common sense is a valuable attribute on the server. If you are really quitting then I wish you the best.
Thanks guys for the love! So my issue is when I’m playing, I check out. Unlike Tv or playing on the phone and its likes, I don’t pause until the round ends. When you have 5 kids, the house can be on fire by then ?. I also play often way too late spending no time with the wife. Long story short, she hates TFC lol. It has caused friction in the past and a lot recently. I clearly can’t play TFC as a casual hobby, so I need to walk away for the sake of the family. With that said, this community will be missed. Hell I’ll even miss Kilmov’s lame jokes hahaha.
Marriage comes first for sure and if you cannot balance the two its obvious the choice.

Its been nice playing with you over the past few years.

Good luck with everything
Family is what its all about.
Do what you need to do for them, Sir.
You will be missed and remembered here by many.
Good luck in all your future endeavors!
Help wrote:
Thanks guys for the love! So my issue is when I’m playing, I check out. Unlike Tv or playing on the phone and its likes, I don’t pause until the round ends. When you have 5 kids, the house can be on fire by then ?. I also play often way too late spending no time with the wife. Long story short, she hates TFC lol. It has caused friction in the past and a lot recently. I clearly can’t play TFC as a casual hobby, so I need to walk away for the sake of the family. With that said, this community will be missed. Hell I’ll even miss Kilmov’s lame jokes hahaha.

Hold on, man. First off, I know what you're saying about "Family First". But you don't need to leave the community (the forums). I can understand needing a break from the game. Hell, I banned myself yesterday to make sure I can't join while in a very vulnerable mood. With Admin access, I could do something stupid, which I would later regret. So I'm banned for about another 30 hours or so.

Take your vacation from the game, but stay on the forums. You're always welcome back into the server. But this community can really be a nice (and short) distraction that doesn't tie you up like the game itself does.

We're here for you, man. Just like everyone was for me.
I can understand where help is coming from. I went cold turkey on games my sophomore year in college. It was probably all the psychedelic drugs after freshman year that led me to have a realization, "I play a LOT of computer games." I eventually realized that I like games and simply need to moderate the amount of time I spend playing them. My best semesters in college were when I was working. I appreciated my leisure time but also realized what with part time work that I needed to allocate time to my studies as well. I all the more so appreciated this after quitting my part time job to focus on grades and that turning out to be my worst semester. Having too much time on my hands I pushed things off to the point where eventually I ran out of time to study and do stuff because I was spending too much time smoking weed and playing games.

I have a feeling I'll probably have to start playing less soon too as I have another kid on the way.
gg Help
tried to find u on steam. no luck if u done with games gg, if not hit me up - upset
Matt_tfc wrote:
gg Help

End of Watch, GG-Help
Have you at least considered divorcing your wife? I’d really suggest sitting down and writing out the pros and cons of each option. I’m single I’ve always been single and I play tfc all day and have no social life and I’m fine. Everything is fine. I’m okay. Hold me.

But srs, one of our players here is legit a divorce attorney. Pretty sure he’d give you a little pro bono action if you know what I’m saying.
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in