D2f ast - scouts
D2F Discussion➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
Scouts - those that you've noticed make an IMPACT to the game. Generally speaking, Scouts will be impacting the game from the offensive side...despite all the defensive scouts that you find wandering around during a steam sale

Judge Holdencow - good at start of round in and out squeeze caps. Good way to set pace for a game and he usually gets in fast enough to beat the D

rupp - see previous notes

I'm sure others can play the class too but these two names stand out to me from seeing their play on a regular basis
Fade plays a fast scout
gg, good call, I'm actually disappointed i didn't mention him. Well, it said originally to mention 3 so I'll put him as my 3rd. Good call man
I think that Dynomite is underrated as a scout. He sometimes starts a round as a scout and can get to the fr pretty quick.
Considering I hold the top two positions for caltrop hits per hour, I'd say me.

Also, defensive scout is a legitimate position. Especially dropping those fun caltrops in the water spiral.
Hell yeah BSL is definitely in my top 3. I would say brah as well but he hasn't been a regular for some time :-(
wmkbsl wrote:

Also, defensive scout is a legitimate position. Especially dropping those fun caltrops in the water spiral.

How do you get your caltrops oer hour number up? Mine has more or less flatlined. I can actually see caltrops being very good also in the basement. Especially if the flag is touched by a scout or medic.

It is hard to think of specific names other than brah as brah sets the bar pretty high. At this point I pretty much always start out as scout to rush the flag. It is always nice to see another scout on the team also rushing.

I wish I had some names to nominate but I like I said brah just kind of eclipses everyone else. I think scout is an underrated class for a lot of noobs. I have come to appreciate scout as my time playing the game increased.
Matt_tfc wrote:
Hell yeah BSL is definitely in my top 3. I would say brah as well but he hasn't been a regular for some time :-(

Brah would be my first pick but I don’t think he counts anymore.
My criteria is still playing and at least plays the class 10% of the time.
Zeus (I consider the overall best reg player)
Mr. Cap
GG

I see Voidbot meets this criteria but I just am not recalling him as scout.
A good metric for scout effectiveness is the "Touched and Capped" percentile.

Although upon inspection, Dynomite has over 40%, whereas some of the people above have low 20s.
Either Dynomite is an elite scout that's twice as good as brah ever was, or most of this is from the beginning of the match, or when there's not many people on. So, maybe it's not a good metric.
That said, Dynomite as scout does scare me, I try to get him with a rocket when I see that shit.

Edit: that stat is quite telling. A lot of the scouts we all think are elite have low to mid 20%s touched and capped. But then you have people like Skeetz, Wild Karrde, Dynomite which double that.
It's not a good metric. Stats only tell you part of the picture with any player. IMO, those three are all fairweather scouts -- you don't see them grinding it out as scout when the going gets tough. Brah, and others do.
Honestly any of the good players play a good scout.

Pheesh plays a good scout, but then again he plays every class well and is IMO the best person who plays here semi-regularly.

Keys of success to scout: movement and concing ability. Movement skills is at the base of the pyramid of being a skilled player. Next would be concing for offensive classes followed by DM.

If you can move and conc well, you can scout well.

linear concing is what makes a good scout a great scout. Any fool can battlement to battlement conc. Its the top spiral rampslide down to bottom. Bottom spiral to LH. RSH to LH. A great scout can dodge a X flag SG with airstrafing and linear concing.

There arent too many great linear concing scouts here.
If you use concs to disorient then they would be disqualified because the pick up community stated youzzz a punk a$$ beech to use concs that way instead of jumping. True story cuz.
Thanks for the bit of information. Not sure how that is related to what I said though. Care to elaborate?
Wasn’t replying to you cupcake. Not everything is about you “gaba”.
Zeus
BSL
Rupp I guess. I always think of him as medic tho.

I can't think of many players who can conc well and still choose scout over medic regularly, except for an initial rush.
Judge
Illusion
Mr. Cap

As people have mentioned, no one really plays Scout with any regularity/consistency. Can't fault them... it's a shit job smashing your head against a brick wall 100 times in a match.
wmkbsl wrote:

It is kinda funny to see all of the O in your base walking around...
Zeus
Rupp
Judge

The stats aren't really an indicator of skill. You can game them by capping quick at the start or capping when there isn't much defense. Most of the good players will switch from scout to med once defenses get set up. There's really only a handful of players that will go scout for an entire game (forbidden toot, empty, and BSL come to mind).
I agree now, the touched and capped stat for scout is not indicative of who is a good scout or not.

Bottom line is, I think we all notice a good scout when we see one. Those sneaky, fast bastards.
I'll add that touched and capped is much higher for defensive classes on average, because we rarely touch the flag unless its dropped near our own base lol.
Mr. Cap
brah

https://youtu.be/XslcgQJMZaY
End of Thread
RefreshNext Unread
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in