Snowball
D2F Discussion➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
yes, these slowly tick up armor. but is there a certain amount they contain? do they need to be replenished throughout the map?
only reason i ask is because i had one, grabbed an armor kit, and was still at 6. had to backtrack and grab another one to get up to my full 200. is that something i was never aware of with them? is that why sometimes they dont give any armor after you grab 1?
I get a bug once in a while, but <1% of the time, and I really like the idea. Just wish the "you haven't had a kill in 2 minutes. Now you can't pick up a snowball for 5 minutes" penalty was a little less harsh, especially for offense.
Fuck the snowballs we need quad damage pick up in center of bridge. That will help when you go O alone against 13 try hards on D.
I'd be cool with a "Highlander" offense buff that gets split amongst all the people going for the flag. Four O would split it four ways and one O would get 100% of it.
How about the fireplace adding armour as well as HP? We get HP by standing in front of the fire and having a piss in it, but how about if you turn your back to it and crouch down (i.e. mimicking having a shit) and you get armour? Is this something that can be coded? Can a “taking a shit” sound be added, along with a turd dropping animation?

How about we replace snowballs with a very small "bell" (2-4 per server depending on how full; Mostly advantageous when the teams are small). You accidently picked it up, and now it's obvious others know where you are when you run past as ringing can be heard from a distance. It's strategic to drop it off at the top of spiral so enemies accidently ring their position on their way down. Hiding your footsteps by ducking & the light ringing bell sounds still continues. It provides no stat benefit & can be thrown like a snowball or flag after 20 or 30 seconds of picking up. Or one single louder & much bigger cowbell that can only be dropped upon death.
I'd like the fireplace to cure the clap. You pee green, so clearly it knows you're infected.
I thought this thread was about what we're calling Gaba now....

;)
I SAW THE TOILET IN THE ELE
so do snowballs have to be charged up with armor? thats my question. why do some give no armor and some do.
Snowballs don't have to be charged, but there is at least one bug with them and another behavior that may be intended or may be a bug.

It's definitely a bug that sometimes, if your armor is at zero and you're carrying a snowball, picking up a red bag doesn't give you any armor. I'm pretty sure (but not 100%) that I've had this happen when picking up two red bags in a row, and I had to wait for the first red bag to respawn to actually get armor. It seems like there may be a 25%-50% independent chance of this happening with each red bag you pick up while your armor is at zero. It happens frequently enough that if I think of it, I'll drop the snowball before going into resupply and pick it up again on the way out, especially if I'm sharing, e.g., the basement resupply bags with others on D.

I'm not sure whether this is intended behavior or a bug, but snowballs also won't raise your armor from zero regardless of whether you had the snowball before you lost your armor or whether you picked it up when your armor was already at zero.
Sometimes they drop you to zero amor when you have partial armor. Have had it happen a few times where I had to grab two armors.
They don't need to be charged, but if you have zero armor, they don't regenerate. You have to have some armor to start for them to work.
End of Thread
RefreshNext Unread
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in