D2f ast - soldiers
D2F Discussion➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
Soldiers - those that you've noticed make an IMPACT to the game. Generally speaking, Soldiers will impact the game offensively and defensively. Arguably the most versatile class in terms of production between defense and offense, a good soldier will make the enemy offense try to rework their approach to avoid you and will also have you restructure your defensive scheme to better handle you on O

Xeno (fuck you)
matt
gaba
vishus
rupp
voidobot

kilo/bk/help/moreno/demonz (these are all occasional players/don't play anymore at all (CC: HELP))

edit: @ xeno, also, you suck at bhopping

edit 2: @ xeno again, also, central NJ is a real place, eat my shorts
kilmov?!?!?!
mmarino51589 wrote:
Soldiers - those that you've noticed make an IMPACT to the game. Generally speaking, Soldiers will impact the game offensively and defensively. Arguably the most versatile class in terms of production between defense and offense, a good soldier will make the enemy offense try to rework their approach to avoid you and will also have you restructure your defensive scheme to better handle you on O

Xeno (fuck you)
matt
gaba
vishus
rupp
voidobot

kilo/bk/help/moreno/demonz (these are all occasional players/don't play anymore at all (CC: HELP))

Fred - Good coms
TimeTraveler - Good Coms
Griim
Xeno

Nookie wrote:
kilmov?!?!?!

I second kilmov. Never seen a soldier run to spawn faster then him.
I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton of people, but here's who comes to mind:

Xeno
fred
rupp
matt
KILMOV (when he's wearing the other team's uniform)
This position is close to my heart and it’ll take a little thought to develop a list. There are a lot of good soldiers that deserve love.
Mmm, yeah, thought. The first list is just people who are good in general.

Voido, rupp, gaba, and matt are all more impactful at medic imo.

Also, this should probably be two categories, o soldier and d soldier.
Grim.

/end

EDIT: Also Nookie, but I rarely seem to play with him on D2F.
nese wrote:

That was pretty much my main determinant: Best-of-both-worlds soldiers who you can rely on to defend but also run O at a moment's notice.
Nookie
Vishus
Fred
Help
matt
Vishus
Nookins
level1nobody wrote:
nese wrote:

That was pretty much my main determinant: Best-of-both-worlds soldiers who you can rely on to defend but also run O at a moment's notice.

This is hard to do because mostly everyone plays D. And even then what is considered good D or great D or shit D. Like Grim level D or Kilmov level D. What is more effective or what do you feel confident in? Same with O. Now that we are getting into the meat of the popular classes (being Soldier, Medic, Engie and sometimes HWGuys), I am curious to see how people feel about certain players playing certain classes. Like I don't mean who they drop their pants for but those players that join as Soldier that you feel "relieved" with like "Oh X player joined so I feel better our D is going to be strong." Or "Good Y player joined so I know he/she will help on O" and stuff.

Me personally I feel "comfort' when I see the following soldiers either as their primary class or when they change to it (on no particular order) on my team because I know D or O is going to be covered or they can lend assistance or I am free to do whatever while my spot is covered:
Grim, Voidiobot, Nookie, Statix, Upset, Fred, Creppy Old Nibbler, mooTimetraveler, Vishus, matt and that queer Gaba.
Grim

and possibly Kilmov since he's persistent on protecting the basement resupply at all cost.
I have special respect for soldiers that push offense.

nesemann
Goldy
Tom Bombadil
Xeno

matt and bk should have an airshot supremacy competition.
XenOz3r0xT wrote:
Now that we are getting into the meat of the popular classes (being Soldier, Medic, Engie and sometimes HWGuys), I am curious to see how people feel about certain players playing certain classes.

I think about that on days when it seems like the exceptional players are absolute beasts when they're on the enemy team, but they're in "chill-out on defense" mode when they play for mine.

IYKYK. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0jWXpJWSiA
Don't copy my idea nerd.

https://www.lunaticrage.com/drippy/forum.php?a=vt&f=2&t=1864...
level1nobody wrote:
P: 05/11/2023 11:48 EST
E: 05/11/2023 11:52 EST

[...]

@gg#4, there's a gaming trope in RPGs where a boss is overpowered when not on your team (think: O medic) but significantly less effective when you unlock them for your team (think: fourth sniper). https://youtu.be/l0jWXpJWSiA
So many times I see that Player X is finally on my team after playing against them for three matches, and I'm thinking "Oh, we are going to crush them!" And then I see them go D engy or sniper and it's "Oh, FFS."

Don't copy my idea, nerd.
Current people I see in games:

Grim
neseman
Fred
Voidobot
Matt
Goldy
Vishus (though I don't nearly see him play this often I think?)
Bk
FUNMODE (plays under various names)
Gize
UPSET
Edit: Xeno

And some more

All solid players above. When I'm playing O, I think out all of the above, I have the hardest time capping on Grim, Bk, Voidobot. I think these three actively seek out the enemy O Players sometimes and it's cat an mouse. Grim usually plays bottom spiral but I believe they venture around at times.
I'm going to chime in, since I doubt anyone currently playing knows this:

I specialized at playing Soldier for years before branching out a few years ago. When my mouse is working properly (having issues with it on my desk, and mouse pads don't seem to help), I can be a real bastard as a Soldier on Defense.

Much of this comes from the years I played in leagues as a D Soldier.

These days, I'm actually kinda bored with it. Which is why I've moved over to Demoman, and I'm usually on Offense when I play it.

When the server is maybe 7v7 or so, I will go O Medic, but I'm not great at it. Fewer players DO help on that. Once it's 10v10... Demo, where I can do the most damage on Offense, and hopefully allow people who are better light class on O get the flag and capture it.

Due to both my mouse issue, and my own physical disabilities, I Spectate a lot.... so I don't get as much gameplay as I used to. I'm okay with that, at this point, because I can at least make sure the games stay fair and (hopefully) fun.
I'm going to chime in, since I doubt anyone currently playing knows this

procedes to say nothing to chime in
I know Iggy isn't that old but I couldn't resist based off of Nookie's post.
https://imgur.com/a/ijeTjji
Because you nerds love the news too much.

https://thegospelunveiled.files.wordpress.com/2024/02/breaki...
Nookie - always putting his rocket where it don't belong... I hate being on the opposite team from him. Enough to /rq
xeno - annoying af
fred - makes me turn around and run
matt - I can't kill that guy, like ever ffs
kilmov - brings me joy to slay

Lots of others that are really good but brain isn't cooperating. Need more coffee.
Good, and also good for the team category:
Grim - D only, but he does it very well.

Xeno - D only beginning, but switches to O and back to D as needed. Versatile player. Plays a lot like I do except with headphones and voice comms.

Upset - Same explanation as Xeno except you play better than me. Must be that 1200fps monitor, lol.

Voidobot - Dont see him O soldier a lot, but hes in the tier of everything he plays is good.

Nese - Strictly O soldier. Does so efficiently. Knows hes there to do damage, die and repeat.

Tom Bombardil - Not as good as Nese, but same play style.

Fred - Same explanation as Xeno except not as good.

Help - Dont play, but in the same class as Xeno, maybe very slightly less good, very slightly though <3

Zeus - Best of the offensive soldier class. Also defends with the best of them. Almost tempted to put him in the goat class.

Vishus - Same explanation as Zeus.

Demonz - Great soldier. Mostly plays D, but I see them go O.

Nookie - Good at a lot of classes. Not good enough to be in Goat tier.

Good, but too much DM class:
Matt - No hate, but it is what it is. You leave no grenades for offensive classes, drop both nail nades box room after every nade replenishment and you do too much airshots. Nice videos though and entertaining and I think you are a great soldier and because of your skill level you do a good job at protecting from a spot that isnt the best at protecting.

BK - Same explanation as Matt except not as good.

Then the goat class:
Mightymouse - Every class he plays that I have seen is good

Pheesh - Same explanation

Brah - Same explanation

Cheese - Same explanation
I go play Fortnite for a couple weeks and everyone forgets about me <kicks a dozen cats>
There are some very good D soldier players who make it very difficult to even get to the flag room. Fred is very good at guarding the spiral.

I recall Xeno being good at O soldier.
Murf wrote:
I go play Fortnite for a couple weeks and everyone forgets about me <kicks a dozen cats>

No one mentioned me either

Oh well. Ill go back to remodeling my house because im a poor who cannot afford to have other people do it.

Once my computer has a final resting place and not relocated from room to room i'll be back to fuck yall bitches up for ghosting me.
I would've mentioned you GG but I never see you on when I play these days. I thought you were taking a break.

Murf as well. Both of you are Problems when on the other team.
Murf wrote:

There is a lot of jokes I can make about you that make fun of your life and manhood for playing Fortnite of all things plus for kicking cats. But this isn’t the whiners corner so you are lucky.
^ Joe Biden.

There I initiated the chain of events that will eventually put this topic into the Whiner's Corner so that you can do your work without constraint.
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in