[Poll] Idea: leap year event - feb 29th
D2F Discussion➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
Poll: Gravity Change feb 29th only for Leap Year

12% heavier, because I'm an american (13%)

No changes, because I'm old (38%)

12% lighter, because I'm poor and starving (50%)

Poll has ended (it ran for 14 days). 8 total votes.

This is a leap year in 2024 where February will have a 29th day! Would you want the gravity changed on this day only?

We could increase the gravity by 12%, taking more of an effort to leap places as everyone is heavier.
note: A soldier can still rocket jump to the deck, but has less airtime. HWGuy falling down the elevator only takes 1 extra damage point from the change in gravity.

Or what about reducing gravity by 12%, taking less effort to leap places as everyone is lighter.
note: falling down the elevator still makes a thud sound.

Would you like either the entire day or just a few rounds have this change perhaps? Might be a fun thing once every four years.

("sv_gravity 900" or "sv_gravity 700" specifically)
I don't want to vote because I like the way the pie chart looks at the moment.
I tried 600 or 1000 settings too first, but realized immediately it was too much & not fun beyond a few minutes.

The smaller 12% values are weak enough to notice but not make a large difference. With light gravity like this then bhop movements are even more effective. For soldiers that can barely rjump to the deck as it is, the higher gravity will not be forgiving. Both options can make it slightly harder for snipers to hit them as a target if they strafe off the deck being lighter, or smash down to the bridge with little to no airtime like an anchor. I'm typically against map change or gravity suggestions, but figured that a 'once every four years' might be fun.
Fuck I clicked on an option. Well right now it looks like a perspective orientation of a peace sign.
End of Thread
RefreshNext Unread
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in