D2F Discussion➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
Do it

UPSET
rupp
VOIDOBOT
vishus
reckoner (play more reck!)
bicyclerepairman (constantly plays objective)
pelushi (constantly plays objective)
matt
mr. cap borderline
Judge holdencow

i'd argue to include myself in this list, but i won't because i don't do it regularly enough. When I commit to actually playing O medic and giving it all I've got, I know i'm effective and able to cap flags...I just get too frustrated too often and stop trying. Law of diminishing returns sort of thing
I'm sure I'm missing a ton of people, but here's a start.

rupp
Olinkapo
gaba
UPSET
Illusion
kwyjibo
matt
bicyclerepairman
mr. cap
Dynomite

(EDITED)
brah
Gize
Upset
Vishus
Zeus

Plus any other medic that commits to nonstop intelligent O for the flag.
Reckoned for sure comes to mind. Even a well defended basement with plenty of sgs is often no match for reckoner. And yes, reckoner should be on more.

Voidbot and bicycle repairman also come to mind. I recall having a hell of a time keeping an sg up when voidbot is on. I think a good medic is able to make his way to the basement consistently stocked with nades and wreck havoc.
rupp
matt
level1
UPSET

haven't seen in a while:
brah
kwyjibo
No particular order.

illusion
gaba
upset
pheesh
funkeh
vishus
nookie
fade
matt
voidobot
zeus
baddy
nug

honorable mentions

mr. cap
olinkapo
kwyjibo
dynomite
It's a tough one because there are many factors that come into play with medics. Outside of soldier, I think medic arguably the most important class in tfc, at least for offense

There are a few players which everyone should be aware of when they join and D Should be ready for. If they're coming over as Medic, it's going to be havoc. I don't want to break it down into tiers but it could easily be done, some meds are still getting better as time goes on, as well.

The first that come to mind, in no order:
Nookie
UPSET
GG4
Vishus
Pheesh
Voidobot
Gaba
Matt because he has the best end-game flag tosses
Lvl2somebody
Reckoner
Brah (rip?)
Olinkapo would be here but he took a long break ;)

There's more, who will come to mind later..
where's the spy list
spy list is week 8.

this is week 5
Game needs a "wrench me" button, calling out a request for armor from an engineer.

It's always sad to see a Soldier or HWGuy at 60hp and missing nearly 200 or 300 armor with a friendly engineer present.
Edited to include gaba, illusion, matt and kywjibo, now that my brain is working.
wmkbsl wrote:
rupp
matt
level1
UPSET

haven't seen in a while:
brah
kwyjibo

I'd have thought of you, but I don't recall seeing you on the server in the past few months. Are you playing under a different name?
Nah, medic is by far my weakest class. I only really play it when I'm opposing cainsaddiction.

Edit: But I appreciate the thought!
-X- seems to play in spurts. He always plays the objective as an O medic, so props to that guy.
kwyjibo
rupp
voidobot
Matt
Reckoner
Zeus
UPSET

On a side note I think the vote for Medic, more than any other class, is a contest of skill. Pretty much everybody who plays medic regularly is playing to the objective.
Anyone that makes me come back to D if I am playing O or goofing around. Like I told JudgeHolden a couple days ago why I do not go O as often as I like is because I have lost plenty of games where I should have been D but left because I got bored and stuff just for a medic to come by and somehow bypass everyone and cap a flag when I know I should have stayed behind. In no order particular whether these people go solo or in groups:
VOIDOBOT
rupp
UPSET
Vishus
matt
NOOKIE
gaba
Judgeholden
Pheesh
LoneRangers
Whistling Pig
Mr. Cap
illusion
and that dork gg#4.

There are others too but I do not see them play much or at least when I am on or they are using alternate accounts/ aliasing if I missed anyone.
Anyone that makes me come back to D if I am playing O or goofing around.

To add on to that, anybody to whom I've alerted the team: "_____ is on offense."

Last I did that was with Snips. I don't know how often he plays medic, but the guy seems to be a machine no matter what class he plays.
I thought we were supposed to pick three...

UPSET
Rupp
Illusion
Pheesh
rupp
UPSET
Brah
Matt
upset
WeeD
rupp
oli
gaba
mmarino51589 wrote:
Do it

UPSET
rupp
VOIDOBOT
vishus
reckoner (play more reck!)
bicyclerepairman (constantly plays objective)
pelushi (constantly plays objective)
matt
mr. cap borderline
Judge holdencow

i'd argue to include myself in this list, but i won't because i don't do it regularly enough. When I commit to actually playing O medic and giving it all I've got, I know i'm effective and able to cap flags...I just get too frustrated too often and stop trying. Law of diminishing returns sort of thing

These list went from best to anyone that plays the objective. I’d like us to keep with talent. Like bicyclerepairman, who honestly is thinking I need a couple of SGs backing me in the basement because this guy is coming. I’ll make a list tomorrow with that thought process in mind. I’m a tad tipsy right now, so I hope I’m not too much of a butt.
Once again my list consist of players I consider regulars that have played within the past 3 months and play medic at least 20% of the time.

List of medics that will overmatch me and i definitely want layer defense.
Zeus
Matt
Nookie
Upset
V01D0B0T
Rupp
Vishus
Amnesia
Gaba

Honorable mention pains in my neck.
ILluSiON
Goldy
Mr. Cap
Olinkapo
Upset
Rupp
ReckonerMusic!
Best I can think of, but it's hard since I never really play D. Conc skills combined with regular use of excellent super shotty play.
From the names already mentioned, really just Voidbot and Reckoner from my standpoint. And maybe Guts. Conversely, any of these medics may be controversial because of bhop scripts (and maybe some other kinds). But they are as difficult as they are on other servers and maps while playing on simple 2fort no-bhop. It is a gaming standard of some kind, to play on lesser capability servers and then use the button pushing "legal hacks" on other servers and play the way they do there also.

Some of the other medics like Illusion, Sincere, Epz and Med (and whoever else there is) are likely still compentent almost anywhere else, so perhaps they are still in the elite category as far as I'm concerned.

From the elite sniper perspective, go ahead and allow people like EVIL clan members and others to use the script kiddy stuff, or else stop complaining about how skilled the snipers play on a 2fort non-bhop server.
Ooo, this is tough. The top of the top that jumps to mind are zeus, reckoner, gaba, upset, rupp, and matt. (On a personal note to the last bunch on that list, it's a fucking tragedy when you're dicking around in some other class and not playing offense. I've spend too many games banging my head against a wall as offensive solder where I'd've given half my grenades for a decent light class on my team that would've slipped in and made all the difference 😠) Other quality folks I enjoy going o with include VOIDOBOT, olinkapo, kwijibo, Judgeholden, Pheesh, Goldy, LoneRangers, Whistling Pig, Mr. Cap, and illusion plus a bunch more I know I'm missing. Keep it up!
Jesus_is_King wrote:

sCrIpTs ArE lEgAL hAcKs!!
Brah
Zeus
reckoner
nese wrote:
Ooo, this is tough. The top of the top that jumps to mind are zeus, reckoner, gaba, upset, rupp, and matt. (On a personal note to the last bunch on that list, it's a fucking tragedy when you're dicking around in some other class and not playing offense. I've spend too many games banging my head against a wall as offensive solder where I'd've given half my grenades for a decent light class on my team that would've slipped in and made all the difference 😠) Other quality folks I enjoy going o with include VOIDOBOT, olinkapo, kwijibo, Judgeholden, Pheesh, Goldy, LoneRangers, Whistling Pig, Mr. Cap, and illusion plus a bunch more I know I'm missing. Keep it up!

I get that the greats hang back on D so they can wait for the right opportunity to switch to O and sneak in for a cap. But I believe it helps to have one fast class on O to keep them on their toes and not running roughshod over us. They create the windows of opportunity for the actual chads to switch to O. Just hope that the persistent O doesn't quit after losing the last 10% of their health to KILMOV 50 times in a row, haha.

decent light class

So often I'll see five slow classes just storming the bridge and barely making it past the perimeter defense. I mean yes, great, please do help on O. But if any of them could change to a class that is fast enough to actually penetrate their outer defense, all the better.
End of Thread
RefreshNext Unread
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in