Pho (vietnamese soup)
General Discussion➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
Is there anything better to eat on a cold, rainy day than Phở?
Https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pho
If you've never heard of it, you're missing out. Soup of Vietnamese origin. The city I live in has a decently sized Vietnamese population, so naturally there are multiple Pho places around. The town I grew up in down near cape cod had nothing like it.

The broth is amazing and worth the price of admission itself.

I think Pho is starting to become more popular across the states, so I hope others enjoy this mighty tasteful soup.

Wouldn't be surprised if Walnuts has his own recipe.
do you get the tendon or intestines?
It's good shit.
moose poop wrote:
do you get the tendon or intestines?

LOL. I usually just get beef ball or flank.
The tripe is not my favorite.

It's all about the broth, man.
Many of my favorite phở places are actually operated by Chinese owners, noted for their so'westrn "Yunnan" Mandarin dialect. Not that their ownership makes any particular difference with phở, but I've found that more 'traditionally Vietnamese' eateries serve dishes that make phở look (and taste) boring - even on the cold days.

They probably don't offer it, but ask them if they serve Chả Cá Thăng Long (pronounced cha Ka kong long, with a soft, virtually non-pronounced but throaty "k" in kong).

https://www.foody.vn/ha-noi/cha-ca-thang-long
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cha_Ca_La_Vong
Takes Vietnamese cuisine to a new level.
LOOK LIKE A BOWL 'O VULVAS
EmotionallyDisturbedParakeet wrote:

What the fuck have you been fucking?
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:
If you've never heard of it, you're missing out. Soup of Vietnamese origin. The city I live in has a decently sized Vietnamese population, so naturally there are multiple Pho places around. The town I grew up in down near cape cod had nothing like it.

I think Pho is starting to become more popular across the states, so I hope others enjoy this mighty tasteful soup.

The Houston area has a large Asian population and many types to choose from. Lots of great Pho places to choose from, great Korean, and my son and I even tried out a Mongolian hot pot place. Super good!
Shemmie wrote:

2 many ed gein documentareez
pho-king A
Never had Pho.

Im questioning what is passable for ethnic food in Western MA though after that Indian place in Northampton
boiled potato with a touch of accent' seasoning?????

*jk
There was a great pho place back near where I grew up. What set this one apart from others was their broth. I could drink it like a beer.
But have you been hungover and had menudo?
Shemmie wrote:

The soup, obviously. After it's cooled down, presumably.
Lol
angry_salad wrote:
Shemmie wrote:

The soup, obviously. After it's cooled down, presumably.

Presumably this would be a recipe for cock soup?
^^^
So this is....French?
^^ Sounds about right. Those savages will eat just about anything.
Boo Boo wrote:
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:

The Houston area has a large Asian population and many types to choose from. Lots of great Pho places to choose from, great Korean, and my son and I even tried out a Mongolian hot pot place. Super good!

Word. Though my visit to Mongolian hot pot will be my only one.

No, Lulu, I haven't done this yet and probably won't. I tried with some shortcuts and embarrassed myself. Like Boo Boo said, they are around every corner here. This is also why I don't make a lot of Mexican food. But you are right about it taking the chill off a cold rainy day. I switch to rice vermicelli bowls in warm weather. Now THOSE I make.
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:
I The town I grew up in down near cape cod had nothing like it.

what town Brother? I grew up in West Yarmouth, and Hyannis...went to HS in Harwich
Middleboro, next to Wareham. Not quite the Cape. :)
Dead zone for just about everything. Still to this day. South Eastern MA is depressing. At least there's the Hockomock Swamp and UFOs and shit.
Massachusetts is just Boston, The Cape and Woodsy Western MA
And 7 million people crammed into a tiny ass state that doesn't spend a dime on fixing potholes in the roads.

...still better than Connecticut, though
Could be worse...I could have scarface's job.

Also could live in Rhode Island.

Shit hole state.
kyree wrote:
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:

what town Brother? I grew up in West Yarmouth, and Hyannis...went to HS in Harwich

I grew up in Taunton. Silver City representing!

Yall aint even hood with your suburban towns.
I urinated in the Taunton Green in broad daylight once.
Mr. Walnuts wrote:
Boo Boo wrote:
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:

Word. Though my visit to Mongolian hot pot will be my only one.

No, Lulu, I haven't done this yet and probably won't. I tried with some shortcuts and embarrassed myself. Like Boo Boo said, they are around every corner here. This is also why I don't make a lot of Mexican food. But you are right about it taking the chill off a cold rainy day. I switch to rice vermicelli bowls in warm weather. Now THOSE I make.

It was really good. Nice surprise.
gg#4 wrote:
kyree wrote:
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:

I grew up in Taunton. Silver City representing!

Yall aint even hood with your suburban towns.

I've got some hoods close by if you ever want to test your meddle...

moose poop wrote:
^^^
So this is....French?

It's a New England thing, because gaba lives there and he's the one engaging in intercourse with soup.
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in