Death by nitrogen death mask
General Discussion➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
https://apnews.com/article/nitrogen-execution-alabama-oklaho...
I wonder how much it would suck to die that way.
Has anyone seen Mr walnuts. Elf poo 💩 was on it seems like he hasn’t played in a while.
Probably better than being stabbed to death...
https://www.texasmonthly.com/news-politics/the-juror-who-fou...
This is a fascinating article about a man who was released from prison after about three decades. A woman on the jury that found him guilty kept thinking that maybe he wasn't. About 27 years after she helped put him behind bars, she made a phone call.

Great read.

It is wonderful that they released him from prison after it was clear he was innocent.

==

On a related note, I have a question for those in criminal justice, or those in law enforcement, or perhaps those who have worked with Dr. Frankenstein.

When the punishment is execution and they later discover the person executed wasn't guilty, are they generally able to reanimate the corpse rather quickly or does it take a while?
A chemist froze himself at
-273.15°C, everyone said he was crazy but he was 0K.
@Olinkapo , How about a time machine where we go back into time and undo his verdict because "it was clear he was innocent." Spending 3 decades in prison.. that's not wonderful, that's a travesty.

Bee Tee Dubs.. when are you going to play regularly again Olinkapo? gaba misses you.
You want deadly? A whiff of gaba’s gooch will send anyone into cardiac arrest.
Thanks! Nitrogen Death Mask is my new band name.
When the punishment is execution and they later discover the person executed wasn't guilty, are they generally able to reanimate the corpse rather quickly or does it take a while?

Has this been proven to have happened in the US?
Matt_tfc wrote:
Bee Tee Dubs.. when are you going to play regularly again Olinkapo? gaba misses you.

I'm sure I will...last time I tried to jump in there for a match or two, something was forcing me into software mode and everything was jacked up.

I don't recall exactly what the issue was...

I need to fix that up somehow...
EmotionallyDisturbedParakeet wrote:
-273.15°C, everyone said he was crazy but he was OK.

Has this been proven to have happened in the US?

One answer: I think I'd prefer there to be proof it hasn't and/or couldn't happen in the US, if the punishment on offer is the killing of a person.

Another answer: Yes. William Jackson Marion was executed for the killing of a man who, it turns out, was alive but had gone to Mexico.

It's probably the most humane way to execute people. Physically, it suffocates you faster because with breathing pure nitrogen, the oxygen in your body diffuses out making you oxygen deprived more quickly. Human's don't have a mechanism to detect low oxygen levels (only high CO2 levels, which is what makes it uncomfortable to hold your breath), so this wouldn't be sensed. There are several accidents each year where people die of this. "Enclosed space hazard," get in somewhere with poor air circulation, consume all the oxygen, pass out and die.

It looks like this guy held his breath for as long as he could, then passed out and did the physiological stuff expected. I get that, it must be terrifying waiting to die. Some reports (and the litigation to stop it) make it sound horrific, but psychology not withstanding (If the state should be executing people is a separate debate), I don't think there was suffering.

angry_salad wrote:

i used iphone image to text and just copied and pasted it from a meme and it did that. Pretty good catch bub.
nese wrote:

It's probably the most humane way to execute people. Physically, it suffocates you faster because with breathing pure nitrogen, the oxygen in your body diffuses out making you oxygen deprived more quickly. Human's don't have a mechanism to detect low oxygen levels (only high CO2 levels, which is what makes it uncomfortable to hold your breath), so this wouldn't be sensed. There are several accidents each year where people die of this. "Enclosed space hazard," get in somewhere with poor air circulation, consume all the oxygen, pass out and die.

It looks like this guy held his breath for as long as he could, then passed out and did the physiological stuff expected. I get that, it must be terrifying waiting to die. Some reports (and the litigation to stop it) make it sound horrific, but psychology not withstanding (If the state should be executing people is a separate debate), I don't think there was suffering.

Morbid topic, but, I think hanging would be more humane. You pass out almost instantly when you cut off the blood flow. The nitrogen gas takes time circulate, and he probably experienced the pillow over the face feeling.

Why not give him gas to knock him out first and then suffocate him?

And for lethal injection just give a hot dose of morphine or dulodid
Chief Gillespie (Carrol O'Conner) on in the Heat of the Night said it best (paraphrasing):

The only humane way to do it is to tell him you're going to let him go. Then when you see the smile come across his face, you shoot him in the back of the head.
hanging was never 100% though. especially if the neck didn't break upon the initial drop. but on that topic, why even bother being humane. at that point, just make it an eye for an eye. shoot someone, get shot. rape someone, get raped. torture someone, get tortured. only thing that should slide is telling gaba to fuck off. fuck off gaba.

I was planning on throwing a noble gas joke in here somewhere but all the good ones Ar.
Oh no, please give us an old bromide!
Olinkapo wrote:

I was planning on throwing a noble gas joke in here somewhere but all the good ones Ar.

LOL
Olinkapo wrote:

Yeah, He got to it first. NeArly missed it.
End of Thread
RefreshNext Unread
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in