Blowing 248 demopipes at once
General Discussion➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
Blowing 248 Demopipes at once

31 players playing Demoman on one team
1 player playing Engineer on the opposite team

With 31 players dropping 8 yellow pipes each, there would be a total of 248 pipes dropped in a pile.

31 demo x 8 pipes = 248 total pipes

With an enemy EMP dropped, the EMP's effect would force all the pipes to detonate at once causing the single biggest (likely highest cpu usage too?) explosion possible in-game. Would be curious if Spoofer could crunch the numbers & estimate how much damage standing on this pile might cause a player. Assuming you could get 248 pipes to all contribute splash damage to a single player standing close.

Perhaps dropping 31 green bags onto the pile moments before the EMP could add even more damage?

If someone could do this & put this on youtube, it would be neat to observe!
I thought I had Demo damage numbers, but apparently not. I don't play it enough. /slacking

There's a limit to how many bags can be on the map at once, at least for thrown ones. More than 3 or 4 and they start disappearing. I imagine there's probably a limit to the total number of pipes as well.

I remember seeing a vid from one of the CTF PUG guys of a glitch where the demo can have more than 6 grellow pipes out at once. I should've looked up how it's done, though I think it required unconventional factors for pub play? Idk.
s/demopipes/men
I mean if 248 pipes were possible, and the EMP triggered them all to detonate at the same time my guess would be the servers CPU usage would skyrocket in the moment & everybody else would get disconnected from the server.

The resulting graphic & level of noise would leave an impression I'd imagine.

I know the pipes do interact with one another when dropping them so perhaps space could be an issue. Perhaps at the bottom of a ramp for placement so they slide down stacked ontop of one another or something. Filling in a hole would be best.
Likewise I couldn't imagine how much stress the server's CPU would be under if 31 demo were dropping 248 pipes at once say down the water spiral either as the game begins to feel more like a bitcoin miner for a brief moment, lol.

Wish I knew how to setup a foxbot server or however they work if making demo bots act this way is even possible. Wonder if bots could be setup to perform such a test like this. Could continue & attempt 93 caltrops, like if they were all dropped in one spot would walking just one inch cause instant death. Or 124 pyro fire grenades. If 128 "friendly" spy pills were dropped, what would landing ontop of the friendly pile feel like? I imagine you'd just slide down from the pushback effect, but still.

248 yellow pipes would still be the most insane spectacle. Likely many of us have never seen more than 24 pipes blow at once from a single EMP's blast before in all our years playing.
I have. When there are more than 2 demos in the enemy basement and they all decided to overlap pipe traps in the bottom spiral, and then engies decide to throw all their emps at the bottom spiral….well yeah I know what it’s like to die in a giant fireball / see a trap containing at least 24 pipes and at least one emp.
Yeah but for more then 24 pipes that would require a fourth demoman to see a huge pile & think "Me too"! That would be such a massive waste to not spread some out. Three demos playing that poorly would be rare, lol.

I had a fun time pissing in the enemy elevator yesterday, however the very moment I had finished I turned around to see the elevator suddenly appear to me with 3 or 4 green backpacks alone with an EMP arrive and BOOM I died! Might have been Grim not sure, was amazing.
Holy shit... and I thought *I* got bored once in a while....
Dispenser Dominos (never tried this)
Alternate friendly & enemy dispensers one after another lining up 32 dispensers in total side by side, so when the first blows up it begins a chain reaction. Or turn on FF to set it up even easier. Would be fun to watch, be sure to wait a few minutes after constructing them all so that the metal/rockets grow inside of them all.

If FF is on, then let's continue the dominos further! Detonating a Sentry Gun actually delivers enough damage to kill a spy or another player nearby. I'm not positive if it's enough to destroy a min range 100% healthy SG or if it has to be smoking from damage first. But with 32 SG guns lined up down a line each minimum distance in-between them, you could have a line of 64 constructs where each one blows up the next one all the way down! I've never tried this, the idea just came to me.

Building SG or Exit inside enemies basement resupply
If you spam a build bind the moment the enemies basement resupply door opens, you can build an exit "build 5" or an SG gun "build 2" inside their resupply. The enemy turret will kill you before your construction finishes typically, however the trick is to have a friend jump on top of you while you're squatting after starting the construction. That player will die absorbing the bullets meant for you, giving you that extra 1.5-2 seconds needed to finish the construction. I tried it with an HWGuy on top of me but other classes likely work too. The resupply turret will not attack an enemy's buildable items. You have to be really bored & curious to discover new shit like this in 2fort, haha.
Now THAT sounds like fun!

Only problem is there's an engineer limit of 5 per team.
Yeah plus the 27 total player limit. Would have to be setup on another server. The biggest challenge would be to find 32 mature like minded individuals to pull something like this. Configuring a server to only allow for demo OR engineers only would help, turning on FF at the end.

Or somehow configure bots to do this. Man where would you want the train of sentry and dispensers to start and end, 64 is a long ways to go. Down the entire spiral to the flag perhaps, lol. Just like in real dominoes, one bad link & all your work falls apart.
[IOD]Snips wrote:
Or somehow configure bots to do this. Man where would you want the train of sentry and dispensers to start and end, 64 is a long ways to go. Down the entire spiral to the flag perhaps, lol. Just like in real dominoes, one bad link & all your work falls apart.

If you have FOXBOT installed, you can waypoint maps and tell them where to build/laypipes etc... The documentation to do all that is in the files and it's pretty straightforward.
End of Thread
RefreshNext Unread
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in