Bitcoin guide - future use, threats & storage
General Discussion➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
Bitcoin Guide - future use, threats & storage

By [IOD]Snips

Bitcoin. Some of you have it, some of you hate it. It's not the easiest thing to fully understand, but if you go through the journey of learning about it in greater detail online, it becomes clear how much it will change in the future & with it our concept of value.

I'll share my "opinions" of some of bitcoin's strength's and the few things that could destroy it forever or the other events that could significantly diminish the spot value of bitcoin temporarily.

I wanted to cover "bitcoin storage" incase you or you have relatives that are holding any bitcoin as many people are not aware of the safest ways to store it due to having a very limited experience around it.

Allow me to clarify early on, throughout this when I say "coins" I am referring to SATS or fractions of a single bitcoin. I expect some of you might have $100 or $2000 worth of bitcoin in your long term savings. I'm not expecting or assuming any of you are millionaires holding many actual bitcoins themselves. A "sat" or satoshi is the smallest divisible portion of a bitcoin & would be worth 1 cent if a bitcoin was worth $1million. Today $1 in bitcoin buys you around 1400 sats.

My first time with Bitcoin
In the summer of 2013 I had three ATI/AMD video cards that I was "mining" the altcoin called Litecoin with. All summer I was mining and I ended up converting all the LTC I had mined for 2.5 Bitcoin or BTC for short, video cards were 100% in use making lots of heat too! Some relatives in the area couldn't comprehend what bitcoin was at the time because they couldn't hold it in their hands. So as a proof of concept I purchased a Pizzahut gift card in exchange for 0.5 btc & had a large BBQ Pizza delivered back in 2013. We were eating the profits of "mined" coins. While bitcoin couldn't be held the delicious pizza certainly could. Looking back that $35 pizza would've been worth over $36,000 today had I kept that half of bitcoin instead. The price continued to increase that summer & I ended up selling my remaining 2 btc for like $300 or so. Watching it climb to $200 & fall to $50 was too much as I was struggling for cash at the time.

There was a crypto exchange around 2014 called MT GOX that was so big something like 70% or 80% of all crypto's being traded were done there & much of that was stored there on the exchange. Well later that exchange got hacked & around 800,000 bitcoins were stolen & MT GOX filed for bankruptcy. Sometime before or on October 31st, 2024 roughly 140,000 bitcoins that were recovered from that theft will be sent to people that are owed them from ten years ago. So a massive bitcoin price crash may occur later this year if the market cannot handle such a supply shock, even buying or selling of just 5k to 10k bitcoins is enough to rattle the markets today from larger whales.

The big reason I'm bringing up the MT GOX exchange being hacked way back then was because it was considered too big to fail at the time. Sure it was only like $400 million or whatever stolen at the time, however 800,000 bitcoins would be worth $56 billion today. The too big to fail mindset was said about the titanic as well. Online crypto exchanges such as Coinbase & Binance hold absolutely enormous amounts of bitcoins & other altcoins. The popular trend today is to let these establishments hold your cryptocurrency, as nobody has seen a large exchange get hacked & loose all their coins in 10 years or they had never heard of bitcoins until after it had broken over $1000 back in early 2017.
SELF DRIVING CARS - future use case for bitcoin
There will be many possibilities for use cases for bitcoin but lets talk about self driving cars of the future. I'm not talking about level3 bullshit options today, I'm talking about full level5 self driving cars where you'll put your 4 year old child alone in the car & tell the car to drive itself to the destination. We'll eventually have complete faith in self driving cars. We'll also see them everywhere driving around with nobody inside of them waiting around for people to want to pick them up but didn't have room for parking. Like if you're going into a store for 4 minutes drop you off & pick you up without parking, just driving around empty.

So microtransactions will be a huge thing in the future for self driving cars. Nobody knows which companies or technologies will be involved. It's very likely that some form of a Lightning Bitcoin or related technology will play a big role. I can easily imagine a future in a decade where cars are setup to either "earn" or "spend" money while on the freeway. Say you're very late & make a lot of money at work, you'll be able to set a price & hit GO in your car. And it will automatically deliver hundreds of microtransactions to other cars as they pull into the slower lanes to allow you to pass them making your trip significantly faster, which you chose to pay for. Perhaps you do this for an emergency or because you're rich & want to always go fast. People volunteering to delay their own travels with self driving cars will find themselves with a passive money income. A single bitcoin transactions can be as high as like $30 today but in the future they'll be over $1000. However that's where Lightning comes in that can shard or share that single transaction with many thousands of smaller transactions making them cost a fraction of a single penny. At this point in the future you can have billions of transactions completely secured by no third party but rather bitcoin mining ensuring everything is secure.

ASTEROID MINING - future event that will destroy the value of gold
In the future there will be asteroid mining in space. Either chunks of metals extracted on site or portions of it dragged back to earth or more likely around the moon for extraction & processing. The potential for so many trillions of dollars of wealth doing this will likely fund space exploration in the future. There are quite a number of very rare earth minerals that are expected to be found on asteroids. I'm bringing this up as there have been asteroids in space thought to contain more gold then all of the gold discovered by humanity on earth thus far. The price of gold in 2024 is considered to be a staple & core aspect of value as it's held value for many thousands of years all over the globe. But people are unable to see that in the future this certainty will be threatened by mining in space.

Bitcoins are scare & most importantly this is locked in by math. There are no secret millions of bitcoins hiding in a cave or on an asteroid just waiting to be discovered in nature. The rewards from mining bitcoin get cut in half every four years with the next havening event expected to occur next month in April 2024. So instead of 900 bitcoins being rewarded to miners per day currently, it's about to drop to 450 next month. Only 56.25 bitcoins per day in the year 2036 for example across all miners globally, making brand new coins exceptionally scarce.
BIGGEST THREATS TO BITCOIN

Possible Bitcoin Killers

#1 A non-stablecoin cryptocurrency overtakes bitcoin

A cryptocurrency such as Ethereum's market cap overtakes bitcoin to become the #1 coin in the world. Bitcoin has always been #1 since it first started trading in 2010. The unique thing about this threat is that at that point there is nothing to stop it from becoming the third or fourth highest coin over time. The faith or hope that other top coins might become the #1 coin in the world would make institutional investors consider selling their bitcoin in favor of other altcoins.

#2 Quantum computer breaks into private keys to steal bitcoins, at that point nobody's bitcoin are safe no matter where they stored their keys.
At this point SHA-256 & more difficult encryptions that are used all over the world become broken would have far worse effects then threatening the security of bitcoin. Suddenly property records & bank accounts that are super encrypted can be decrypted & changed. National secrets are exposed & wars break out. The thing to keep in mind however is that the bitcoin code can be changed if the developers agree & more importantly the miners. You can make a quantum resistant encryption change to the bitcoin code, and perhaps the internet/banking/military and countless other entities will change to quantum resistant encryptions when it's believed that a strong enough quantum computer exists in the future.

#3 a 51% attack by miners, where 51% of the bitcoin miners come together & agree to steal or re-direct the bitcoins being moved in one of the 10 minute blocks.
Such an attack would cost billions of dollars & require enough electricity to power a country, however it would completely shatter or rattle the faith people have when using bitcoin. To be clear, your already stored bitcoins are safe. The threat would be if you were in the process of moving those coins as they take 10 minutes to join the blockchain to be mined by miners. If in those 10 minutes the first large scale bitcoin attack occurred, an outcome might be that your bitcoin get sent to a different address that the miners setup instead of the destination you told it to go to. This type of attack have happened on certain altcoins in the past (even last year) but never on bitcoin.

TEMPORARY THREATS TO BITCOIN'S PRICE

#4 MT GOX selloff in late 2024.
140,000 bitcoins will be distributed to over 20,000 people who had purchased those over 10 years ago. Imagine if YOU were about to receive 5 bitcoins that you bought for like $10 each in 2011 & were storing on MT GOX and were about to get 5 back in 2024. The five coins are worth over $350,000 today, so most people are expected to sell any & all the coins they receive later this year. This many billions of dollars worth of bitcoins being dumped back into the market is expected to create a panic & shock that might crash the price of bitcoin temporarily. Especially if this happens all in the same day, which would be the only fair way to distribute such old coins to customers instead of in waves.

#5 COINBASE or BINANCE get hacked & lose all their bitcoin.
The resulting panic would be insane, the prices would crash & take years to recover. However eventually over time the prices will recover, however the majority of coins would be in the hands of hackers/governments/corporations that had stolen the huge collection of coins.

#6 USA announces Bitcoin trading & mining ban, just like China did.
The panic & price and supply crashes would be epic. However this would be temporary, as many americans would still secretly obtain bitcoin & store them offline for the future. Gold trading was banned in America around 100 years ago, in the larger scheme of things realize bans like these are temporary however may last years & years.

#7 Genesis wallet, known as Satoshi Nakamoto the creator of Bitcoin's wallet.
His wallets are holding roughly 1.1 million bitcoins in total & have never moved. It's likely the man is dead & along with him his wallets forever. However, if a single coin or even a fraction of a single coin ever move or get sold, the assumption would be that 1.1 million bitcoins might be sold in the near future & the markets would be forced to price in such a risk. The threat & power of such a horde of coins will continue to grow stronger as mining difficulty increases in the future decades & the spot price of bitcoin continues to climb. Just 5 years ago a whale was considered someone moving 100k to 300k coins, now today some people consider a whale to be someone with 5k bitcoins. In the future, it's likely a whale will be someone with 500 coins & eventually only 50 coins. Satoshi's 1,100,000 bitcoins is a lot!

#8 WORLD THREATS: Temporary threats would likely crash the price of bitcoin for months to years halting the improvements in technology spanning much further then cryptocurrencies.

Such temporary price threats include:
World War III has officially started
China launches nuke at USA & gets shot down. We do the same & it also gets shot down.
Yellowstone supervolcano erupts instantly killing every plant & animal within 1-2 states around it. USA power grid offline while country is under 1-5feet of ash from Yellowstone supervolcano.
Covid-25 with unknown new rules. Might kill 23% of infected regardless of age but spreads 4x slower then covid19? What would humanity's reaction be?
USA president gets assassinated
China attacks Taiwan
BITCOIN STORAGE (safest ways to store in order)

Bitcoins are stored on the blockchain. There is a public key, which you can use to see how many your wallet has and also you can use this to send more coins to. Then there is a private key, this is used to withdraw or send coins out of your wallet. Most people simply keep coins on an exchange, where they see the public key however the exchange handles & deals with the private key out of your control. The old term "Not your keys, not your coins" means unless you hold complete access over the wallet's private key, they (exchange) technically owe you however many coins it says you have, but you don't have control over the private key while on an exchange.

Banks in the USA were set to allow americans to hold cryptocurrencies beginning with US Bank a few years ago. However because the issues have become political those options were put on hold for now. There will be the option in the future to allow most banks to simply handle it all for you on your behalf. However, if they get attacked or damaged or hacked, the government can't bail you out & simply print more bitcoin for you like they do with US Dollars.

#1 Paper Wallet (technically not paper but a metal fireproof plate with letters/numbers representing your bitcoin private key)

With a completely offline computer you basically generate a public key and private key, and then write them down and reformat that same computer so no computer virus in the future will ever have access to your wallet details. A paper wallet is considered an offline wallet, safe from any hacker or power loss event or crypto exchange hackers. Having your wallet physically stored is the best way to keep bitcoin for very long term (many years). If you guys were interested I could write up a guide in how to do this.

Instead of writing down the keys with pencil or ink, buying a sliding metal plate that has hundreds of letters/numbers that you slide into & lock into place and then placing that into a metal safe keeps the wallet safe from a fire or flood as well. Just be sure to create a paper wallet, deposit like $20 to it and be confident you're able to withdraw $20 off of it afterwards so you know all the steps. And then create a new wallet when you make your final one - never reuse the same bitcoin wallets for security.

#2 Hardware Wallet

There are hardware wallets that can be purchased that have very secure hardware to allow you the safety to plug the device into a less secure computer such as a library computer that may have viruses and allow you to withdraw funds safely. You do have to trust the manufacturers of the hardware wallets however, also NEVER buy a hardware wallet off eBay or used as they could be tampered with. Only buy them straight from the manufacturers if you go this route. Again this method moves the responsibility to yourself for storage in a safe for storage.

#3 Cryptocurrency Exchange

This is the most popular method most people do. It's very easy, convenient, the websites tell you how much your coins are worth in real-time. Lets you easily send & receive however many you want. You're at the mercy of the exchanges security however in addition to your own password. To be clear, if in the future any of the largest exchanges in the world get hacked & lose all their cryptocurrencies, they cannot simply ask the Federal Reserve to "print" more dollar bills as replacements. There is a limited and fixed number of Bitcoins. Cryptocurrency exchanges are great to hold onto bitcoin or other altcoins temporarily, as in months to a year. If your plan is to hold fractions of a bitcoin or more that you would consider "substantial" in value, it would be wise to look into holding your own public/private keys yourself.

#4 Software Wallet

This is a software wallet sitting on your computer. Otherwise known as a computer program that holds the public & private keys for you. This is by far the worst method possible. You are purely at the mercy of your own computer. So you could lose all your coins if your hard drive gets destroyed, your computer gets stolen, or when a computer virus either erases everything or intentionally searches for wallet.dat and steals cryptocurrency coins by design. There have been cryptocurrency stealing viruses in addition to cryptocurrency mining viruses that secretly use your computer to mine coins in the background making your computer very slow. Those same mining viruses have even existed on smart televisions!
Crypto will be worthless when Quantum Computers and AI are able to crack the codes, so to say.

In the meantime, I've been watching my wallet creep up in value.

I had a bunch of dogecoin about 4 years ago and junked it when I bought my house. If I held onto it for another year or so I would've made at least $1M usd if sold. Fucked up. Dogecoin is dumb.
Most altcoins are trash, and looking at the top 10 to top 30 cryptocurrencies by market cap & what their long term goals are should raise alarm bells. Coins meant as a joke such as Dogecoin with no plan yet worth many billions of dollars is a red flag in & of itself. Likewise there are some real gems out there such as Bitcoin Cash which are massively undervalued. Future use cases are interesting but required an imagined future to be the correct outcome. Bitcoin is scarce along with Bitcoin cash as the halvening events playout every 4 years resulting in new coins being made to be half as many resulting in significantly less selling pressure over time. Ethereum is sharing in this aspect due to the code changes right before the ETH 2.0 migration where the more it's being used the more the fee's are being "burned" or destroyed. So if ETH becomes heavily used in the future there may be more of them destroyed than created over time, but this is more of a situational scarcity instance rather then a slow guaranteed outcome.

Bitcoin just broke above it's all time high last week, and so did the spot price of the precious metal Gold. This is not financial advice & I am not an financial advisor, but that said there's no way in hell I'd buy bitcoins or the metal GOLD right now. The US Dollar and fiat currencies in general are failing & being fucked up by government choices from covid. The velocity of money delayed the effects. Only a fool would wait years & years until the prices are at a record high before investing their life savings when the prices have never been higher. Likely giving into the fear when a price correction happens later in the same year or the year after.
My bitcoin predictions:

*I thought the new btc all time high would occur in late 2025, I don't know what the fuck is going on with the price right now.
*I predict a $800,000 price for bitcoin within the next 10 years
*I also predict a low of $10,000 price for bitcoin within the next 4 years
*Both predictions above might last only 1 day or for months on end
*Dividing gold's market cap with the number of bitcoins means for BTC to tie with gold in value, each bitcoin would have to be worth around $400,000
*US crypto ban, fear of a world war, new airborne pandemic, global hacking event any of these could take bitcoin down to $10k. Gold likely down to $1200-1400 too along with the stock market in such an event.
*AI technologies replacing jobs will create huge use cases for crypto & bitcoin
*Companies & the world will trust in math based technologies such as a distributed ledger Bitcoin provides and NOT a single point of failure such as VISA or a centralized server with a boss/employees & stock value that could eventually fail

In 2023 & 2024 the future of different currencies are being tested as people attempt to buy houses & stocks and avoid holding the dollar at any cost as it continues to lose value over time. The success & failures of gold or bitcoin are not really being made lately but rather reacting to the uncertainty & instability of a solid future of the dollar or government issued currency in general specifically. I agree with the idea that gold=money, whereas the dollar=currency. You can't print money, but you can print currency to the point where you have wheel barrels full of worthless dollars as paper in any country.

The average person lacks the "imagination" of a future in 5, 10 or 15 years from now too. We're going to have self-flying delivery drones soon enough. Dropping off packages, food like burgers or pizza's & more well before we have level5 self driving cars. Cryptocurrencies will play a huge role in micro tipping, or tipping small amounts dozens to hundreds of times per day for a variety of reasons as everything becomes more digital in the future.

AI will require a fast instant payment solution in the future. You can't rely on the slow SWIFT system clearing payments within a certain number of business days. Dozens of non-selfaware AI systems do not scare me so long as they're not connected to the internet, whereas if they are then we're at the mercy of the ethics of the company running them on the other end online. The world is fucked once a self aware AI happens someday in the next 50 years, would be similar to an alien robot landing on earth - uncontrollable with unknown intentions that is smarter than us & capable of inventing & executing new technologies in realtime.
Ultimately the wealth gap will continue to grow over time. The top 1% and top 0.1% of the richest people on earth will become significantly more wealthy in the next 10-20 years. The average person will continue to lose wealth, there will be many more homeless people in the future. Being able to manipulate prices such as the stock markets & futures takes time, whereas manipulating the prices or values of cryptocurrencies are much faster & more effective in stealing wealth from retail investors. So it's likely in the best interest of the richest people on earth that control most governments & corporations from the shadows to have cryptocurrencies adopted by most countries.

You can benefit from this as long as you remove emotion out of investing. Don't invest huge amounts all at once, don't invest everything into one thing. Don't buy when everybody is super greedy & sell when everybody is super scared allowing your EMOTIONS to dictate your actions like most people do.

Or just do paper trading. Invest using pretend money written down on paper & see if you would have been rich or poor had you really executed such a plan. If you're wrong more often the right, then educated guessing or investing is not for you. As investing imaginary money & after a few years determine if your educated guess were correct. NOT guessing and the next day or week seeing if you were correct - you need patience for this to tell you anything. With crypto you often have to have "diamond hands" or be willing to hold for many years throughout extremely scary price crashes or super tempting price increases, often seeing enormous gains over the long run overall compared with anything else.
A phase of AI is on its way that will create massive hardships for much of the world. This will be a stupid version of AI able to do simple repetitive tasks such as flipping a burger or conveyor belt simple tasks. Shortly after this will be self driving cars which will result in the unemployment of all taxi & delivery drivers, not to mention semi truck grocery/warehouse drivers & much much more. When you no longer have a fast food minimum wage option to fall back on as most stores begin to let people go, the world is going to look very different in less than 10 years from now. And with the billions of dollars the fast food companies will be making firing their workers, they will likely not be passing those savings onto you with cheaper food. But instead the food will be made very fast, imagine a giant "red box movie rental" type of experience except with food being prepared & given to you within seconds.

There are already companies today attempting to construct a 6ft tall metal robot capable of doing very simple repetitive actions with metal fingers & arms but not walking/running yet. Again, not terminator self thinking, more pre-programmed to replace a human worker that doesn't walk around such as a post office sorting person where the belt is moving letters & packages. Loading/unloading suitcases at the airport & countless other areas would replace human workers very soon with robots. Even if the first models are expensive, if it costs less than a 5 year salary for a human worker I'd imagine most companies would be thrilled to get one.
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:
Crypto will be worthless when Quantum Computers and AI are able to crack the codes, so to say.

In the meantime, I've been watching my wallet creep up in value.

I had a bunch of dogecoin about 4 years ago and junked it when I bought my house. If I held onto it for another year or so I would've made at least $1M usd if sold. Fucked up. Dogecoin is dumb.

Quantum computers will be able to do some insane things, such as much more accurately predict complex weather patterns. Imagine having semi-accurate weather accuracy like we have today but extended out to 30 days or further.

Quantum computers will revolutionize the healthcare industry & the pharmaceutical drugs entirely. An insane amount of drugs get repatented & rebranded, but without ground breaking new drugs being created. But just trying to calculate what caffeine or simple drugs do inside a body in realtime is impossible without quantum computers. People are executing trial & errors based on classical computer guesswork.

AI won't be able to crack encryption codes with classical computers. SHA-256 for example is supposed to take thousands to millions of years to brute force attack using the biggest computers in the world today. The threat is once you get a quantum computer with enough qubits, this task can be done with months, weeks, hours or even minutes. China has been sweeping up massive amounts of encrypted foreign secrets for decades now. This data is currently worthless as it can't be decrypted with classical binary computers being used today, but that will change within our lifetime with quantum computers.

There are quantum resistant encryption schemes available, it's just when the most common encryptions were designed in the 70's and 80's it was considered futureproof as no binary classical computer would ever be able to break such protections. So many digital things today still use the old & trusted forms of encryption. Hell even reading this Drippy's forum post itself within the chrome browser, if I click on the icon to the left of the address and click "connection is secure" and "connection is valid" I can see the SHA-256 fingerprints with the certificate & the public key.

QTUM & a few other altcoin cryptocurrencies were designed with quantum resistant encryptions from the beginning. But I wouldn't worry too much as software can be changed to adopt this for other cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin. Perhaps the biggest danger would be if in doing so they had to create a new ledger or force old keys to be moved or redirected with bitcoin. The idea that a millionaire or billionaire holding all his wealth in bitcoins could fall into a coma & in the future wake up to not have any bitcoins anymore because he didn't move his fortune into a compatible wallet in time would be a huge fail.
Quantum computers will be able to do some insane things, such as much more accurately predict complex weather patterns

I dunno if quantum computation equates to more accurate results per se. I think it depends. There's still no known closed form solution to the equations that govern weather patterns and other fluid dynamics problems, so anything a quantum computer comes up with is still an approximation done implementing numerical methods, correct?

I think it would be able to reach an approximation quicker, and doing so might result in more accurate approximations.

Very useful, don't get me wrong. Could probably invert a 1e6 x 1e6 matrix instantaneously, giving approximations in real time.

also curious your background snips. stem degree by chance?
and are you on adderall or vyvanse when you post these creative tirades (meant endearingly)
Oh I guess this thread is about bitcoin. All I know is that mine went back to profit region.

I just dont know if I should hold onto it and/or buy more. It's so volatile.

It's certainly NOT a clear advantage to have a quantum computer in every task. It's very common to overestimate & underestimate what a quantum computer can do. Many tasks today run well on a binary classical computer system. It's just some things that feel nearly impossible would be exceptionally well suited for a quantum computer due to the very nature of such a system.

My understanding is that with weather in particular & with complexities in nature calculating with a quantum computer is a perfect task for it as the equations & methods of calculations are a great fit. Sure having more data points like remote monitoring stations sending data (air pressure, temperatures) would improve accuracy further. If the entire country shut down all of its supercomputers to spend a week calculating one small town's weather forecast for a future 21-30 days away, today's terrible longer term predictions would be better for that area. But even then it still won't be better than a single quantum computers results. But now with precise tornado predictions, exact hurricane movements..... then this makes you worry that we'll be able to control the weather or produce a hurricane or tornado if we can almost perfectly predict future outcomes in real time with a quantum computer. I'm still waiting for that Back to the Future 2 moment in 2015 when Marty McFly witnesses the weather service of the future predict the rain stopping within 10 seconds, haha.

Like a classical computer has binary 0's and 1's attempting to flip them doing calculations with only two possible states. Whereas the quantum computer uses qubits creating an infinite spectrum of states in-between 0 and 1, it's more like creating millions of multiverses looking for the correct structure and collapsing them all once you've found your answer or something along those lines. Massive amounts of interference is still the biggest obstacle as those states in-between 0 and 1 are insanely fragile & sensitive and must be kept at insanely low temperatures with massive amounts of shielding. And of course you can't look at the exact state that its in while running, as its in an uncertain state.
No advanced degree backgrounds, I just read alot & watch alot of youtube (from good sources), love learning about quantum mechanics for fun. Not on adderall or anything other than Coffee, I just felt like typing about bitcoin.

Yeah I don't know if you should hold onto it and/or buy more bitcoin either. Plenty of exciting & scary stuff happening this year:

*US election
-depending on who becomes our next president: policy changes affecting the stock market, US Dollar DXY, Pro or Anti crypto changes in law & policy, war with Russia could grow or completely end too

*BTC halvening event likely on or near April 20th 2024
-2016's halvening event took place. 2017 was the new btc price's all time high.
-2020's halvening event took place. 2021 was the new btc price's all time high.
-2024's halvening event will take place. We're getting a new all time high weeks before? why?

*140k BTC being dumped on or before oct31st 2024

My gut tells me that when the 140k coins finally get released to tens of thousands of people, the crypto market is going to crash harder then the Sam Fried SVB event over a year ago. Previous bull markets occurred with massive amounts of volume. Currently it's not taking a lot of coins to move the spot price around. Don't get me wrong, a massive company like Apple or some other huge company might in the future decide to spend billions in buying tens of thousands of bitcoins, resulting in other companies adding the same to their portfolio. The fear that can't be ignored is currently if small amounts of coins are enough to drive the price up & selling small amounts of coins is enough to lower the price, what will 140,000 bitcoins do if sold all at once later this year? I'm not expecting $5k or $10k bitcoins this year due to this, but even if the price continues to climb towards $90k..... until this 140k bitcoin threat has ended I'd be too scared to buy more personally.

After the coins have been dumped, the market will be forced to price in a new valuation with this threat being over VERY likely causing a fucking strong bull market I would imagine. But only if the stock market & gold prices are healthy too at the time.
The double slit experiment has always been incredible to explore.

The idea that light functions as a wave instead of a particle when not being observed. Makes you wonder how much of reality is simply non-existent if not being observed by a conscious observer, or if this is suggesting that we are in fact living in a simulation.

I saw a video where they were either testing the double slit experiment or entangled particles I forget which it was. But using laser beams & mirrors, along with a gate detector and using some very clever testing they determined that deciding to "observe" the results AFTER the laser beam had already fired resulted in the collapse (again collapsed wave state or broken particle entanglement, I forget which). This suggests that somehow information is traveled backwards in time to affect reality so that it knows if a conscious observer was watching or will be watching.
There's something strange that happens in electromagnetic wave-fields that they act like particles sometimes, eg Einstein's photo electric effect thesis.

But using laser beams & mirrors, along with a gate detector and using some very clever testing they determined that deciding to "observe" the results AFTER the laser beam had already fired resulted in the collapse (again collapsed wave state or broken particle entanglement, I forget which)

This is seriously fucked up and difficult to wrap your head around. If the particles were on opposite sides of the universe and entangled, if you view one the other one on the other end of the universe takes the opposite spin, instantaneously. Einstein called this instantaneous action spooky. All other effects propagate at light speed.
Snips when you get bored and you are re-upped on your addies do me a solid and research the theory that we live in a black hole. I kinda think it's true.
'That we live in a simulation' sounds a lot like God and creation talk to me.
EmotionallyDisturbedParakeet wrote:
Snips when you get bored and you are re-upped on your addies do me a solid and research the theory that we live in a black hole. I kinda think it's true.

The only black holes around here are: The one between your ears, and the one between you ass cheeks.
Look guy, I see you messing around with me, but, I have standards.

And my standards allow me to steal your cane and beat you with it.
Seriously though, why is the universe expanding?

Because it’s a black hole absorbing other massive objects. More mass it absorbs, bigger it gets.

What was the start of our universe? A big bang where everything just kinda came together out of nothing? Sounds like the formation of a black hole.

We can never see outside it and we can never escape it.

Also, Jesus.
There's something strange that happens in electromagnetic wave-fields that they act like particles sometimes, eg Einstein's photo electric effect thesis.

But using laser beams & mirrors, along with a gate detector and using some very clever testing they determined that deciding to "observe" the results AFTER the laser beam had already fired resulted in the collapse (again collapsed wave state or broken particle entanglement, I forget which)

This is seriously fucked up and difficult to wrap your head around. If the particles were on opposite sides of the universe and entangled, if you view one the other one on the other end of the universe takes the opposite spin, instantaneously. Einstein called this instantaneous action spooky. All other effects propagate at light speed.

True but sadly this can't be used for faster then light communication. That idea is what most people flock towards, the idea of manipulating a particle many light years apart flipping its state, but it wouldn't work. Or hell flipping a particle to remove lag, wouldn't that be lovely to give everyone a 0 ping in tfc, lol.
Imagine wat someone's TFC ping would be if they were playing from the Andromeda galaxy.
[IOD]Snips wrote:

True but sadly this can't be used for faster then light communication. That idea is what most people flock towards, the idea of manipulating a particle many light years apart flipping its state, but it wouldn't work. Or hell flipping a particle to remove lag, wouldn't that be lovely to give everyone a 0 ping in tfc, lol.

That’s what I was stuck on. You have to have particles that you know are entangled, but for them to have been entangled does that mean they had to be in close physical proximity to each other at one point in time or do I not understand what quantum entanglement really is.

And you’d have to, what, keep them in a box in an unobserved state until someone types Morse messages by observing their quantum twins on the other side of the galaxy? Intergalactic planetary.
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:
Imagine wat someone's TFC ping would be if they were playing from the Andromeda galaxy.

If it were done using quantum particle gigabert interwebz the ping would be zero.
Snips I need us to stop 🛑 talking about quantum stuff and like a radio station we get to put in requests for your next meth and red bull powered intellectual session to determining if we live in a black hole. 🕳️

I think it’s plausible.

Only we can figure this out guy. The rest of humanity is doomed. Elongated Muskrat.
'That we live in a simulation' sounds a lot like God and creation talk to me.

Humans look at digital stuff (pictures, sounds, movies) and imagine a physical world reality reflecting this content. An AI intelligence would work in reverse, in that their reality is everything digital. And they'd have to "imagine" using data points & digital tools in what the real "physical" world is like but their baseline of reality would be digital.

I can imagine one of the first super intelligent AI self aware systems attempting to comprehend "god" and setting up experiments to determine if the universe is really a simulation. Or calculate which one of the thousands of religions is most likely correct.

We have light particles collapsing into a state when being observed, or even if being observed by a "conscious" observer in the future from a recording it collapses into a state at that moment earlier in time. Would an AI intelligence be considered "conscious" by god or the great simulator operator enough to trigger such quantum mechanic rules? Or would a self aware AI be observing a fluid limitless uncertain undetermined pool of possible outcomes when observing our reality? A dedicated AI system running thousands to millions of tests would arrive at an answer if the universe is really a simulation or not, but the ultimate question is could we really trust it's answer? Every answer a super AI would give to any question would be running calculations on what the desired outcome would likely be when heard by humanity, and the actual truth be damned.

If the AI determined we are infact living in a computer simulation, however it would absolutely crush humanity's future in learning this truth then what should the AI tell us? See, it's not easy!

If god turned out to be an AI running in the background of a digital simulation, humans would be an insanely weak version of a "god" as our minds & "soul" would be digital.
[IOD]Snips wrote:

That’s what I was stuck on. You have to have particles that you know are entangled, but for them to have been entangled does that mean they had to be in close physical proximity to each other at one point in time or do I not understand what quantum entanglement really is.

And you’d have to, what, keep them in a box in an unobserved state until someone types Morse messages by observing their quantum twins on the other side of the galaxy? Intergalactic planetary.

I forget how entanglement occurs or under what conditions. But like even if you had two entangled particles each in a box in an unobserved state, and each ship flew light years apart it would be pointless. When the first person to observe the one particle lets say its in the down position, then the other particle would have to be in the up position I think or something like that. But the point is you can't manipulate the particles to transfer data or communicate as all its doing is collapsing the unknown state into a known state I believe. But they're tied together in an unknown state regardless of distance which is spooky.
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in