Attn: iggy - re: baltimore bridge
General Discussion➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
Did you set a det pack or something?
Too soon?

It's never too soon for Iggys sense of humor.
Facts! It's never too soon for a morbid joke.

My sister called me this morning to tell me about this. I was actually awake when it happened, but nothing crossed my YouTube feed until after I'd woken up (by my sister's call).

Looks like a preventable accident, from all of the information I've gathered so far. Apparently this same ship has had "power issues" in the past. The owners wanted the ship to go to Singapore for repairs, rather than have them done in the US, due to the costs of dry-dock and repair.

Now, as for the accident this morning, and the resulting potential casualties.... I can say one thing:

The crabs are going to be sweeter than normal this year...
Well alteast no one lost their shipments
You might want to watch some of the videos of the accident, as that may not be true. Several of the middle containers are sitting sideways, so I have no doubt that at least a few went off the side of that ship.
So that is where my Amazon package is.....good to know.
Ignorant_Florist wrote:
You might want to watch some of the videos of the accident, as that may not be true. Several of the middle containers are sitting sideways, so I have no doubt that at least a few went off the side of that ship.

MFers! That container destroyed my tele exit under the bridge.
Can we get an annual event where the d2f bridge collapses on this date?
XenOz3r0xT wrote:
So that is where my Amazon package is.....good to know.

They did say they would "ship" it after all!

I'm writing a parody song about the event. I made the melody, but just not the bridge yet. I had a sinking feeling that something might go wrong today.
Ship was probably driven by one of my class mates.
EmotionallyDisturbedParakeet wrote:

https://imgflip.com/i/8kmg6f
Ignorant_Florist wrote:

Those are empty or filled with blowup dolls.
Ignorant_Florist wrote:
My sister

Is she hit. Hot.
XenOz3r0xT wrote:
EmotionallyDisturbedParakeet wrote:

https://imgflip.com/i/8kmg6f

Lawl
JiK MAZZ wrote:
Can we get an annual event where the d2f bridge collapses on this date?

Not gonna lie.... Drippy-, if you could pull this off..... (I mean, just merge 2fort_sniper's bridge into it? Maybe? without the poison pond, obviously)

That would be absolutely banging!

Or maybe make the bridge det-pack destroyable once in a while (randomly?)

I know, I know.... that's asking a lot.... but it would still be not only fun, but hilarious!
Just happened to be looking at 2fortsniper earlier and was trying to figure out how they made it. My guess is they used a BSP decompiler because some of the unchanged areas deviate slightly from the original.
Yeah, I was gonna say, I didn't know you were moonlighting as a harbor pilot iggy...

lawl @
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:

GeneralYeargan wrote:
Those are empty or filled with blowup dolls.

https://wmkbsl.com/s/wQWWDdkSiDojbfM
nese wrote:
Yeah, I was gonna say, I didn't know you were moonlighting as a harbor pilot iggy...

lawl @
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:

Heh, I can laugh at that.
File this one under too soon. At least wait till they find all the bodies first!
nese wrote:

lawl @
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:

It looks like several problems were encountered. Ships have a main propulsion engine, in this case a single MAN BW 40k (ish) brake horse power. But for electric power, there are several other diesel engines driving generators, separate from the main engines, unless there’s power take of generators connected to the same main propulsion shaft.

There also always is an emergency diesel generator stationed way up high, as high as possible.

This big ship was going nine knots. That’s insane. You see black smoke bellowing from the stack, and shitloads if it. That’s from a diesel engine failure. Power flickers. Okay so they are going nine knots and suddenly veer to the right. It makes me wonder if they lost a generator (well, the diesel engine that drives the alternator), and they probably tried to parallel another generator to the same bus as the failing generator. Then when they failed to parallel the generator, impossible due to the failing generator’s erratic speed, so they then tried to kill the power and switch manually. Whenever you kill power, there’s always breakers that need to be reset for certain pumps to work.

So basically full steam ahead, unable to steer.

No way to fix that issue in time and not the pilot’s fault. They did the next best thing to mayday and the cops shut down the bridge. This could have been many hundreds of people dead.
Bunch of conspiracies on Twitter saying it was intentional.
Backalleybuttlove wrote:
File this one under too soon. At least wait till they find all the bodies first!

And miss the opportunity to post the jokes? Sorry, man.... I can't do that. If I did, the next big news event will come along and that'll be that.

You gotta post the material while the news is still hot. Americans have too short of an attention span to wait.
Also, BABL, just because I write jokes about tragic events doesn't mean I don't want to see the people rescued. Nor does it mean that I don't want the families to find their loved ones safe.

-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:

Yeah.... bunch of clickbait bullshit to stir up the retards. Anyone who actually watched the videos of the incident knows it was a pure accident.
Would have been scary to watch a huge ship in person crash. People's instincts are to think accidents can't possibly happen on such a large craft.

I fucking love this end of the world movie "Leave the world behind", probably my favorite film this year. People tend to either absolutely hate it or love it. There's a ship crashing scene where nobody panics until the last possible moment.

Ship crashing into beach scene - Leave The World Behind (2023)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBKkqoKv7Xg
Rumor has it the bridge collapsed because Iggy was hiding in the rafters above.
Ignorant_Florist wrote:
Also, BABL, just because I write jokes about tragic events doesn't mean I don't want to see the people rescued. Nor does it mean that I don't want the families to find their loved ones safe.

-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:

Yeah.... bunch of clickbait bullshit to stir up the retards. Anyone who actually watched the videos of the incident knows it was a pure accident.

From the video you can tell there was machinery malfunction, which could have been sabotaged on purpose.

Plausible, with no evidence.
Uhh... hello!? I was joking too!

I'm into conspiracy theories as much as the next guy, but from what I've read and somewhat understand having gone canoeing is that boats need constant steering to maintain their course lest they drift to the whim of the current tide. No power means no steering means even a huge ship like this is at the mercy of the waves. It seems like the ship was literally in the wrong place at the wrong time. The timing of course makes things suspect, though. Think if this had happened after it went under the bridge. "Oh fuck man! Thank God we have this huge malfunction after we went under the bridge!"
https://youtu.be/qZbUXewlQDk?si=JFz_5qHMNzpcKmJ9
https://youtu.be/N39w6aQFKSQ?si=s0OseRzvHmaF57qj
https://youtu.be/DoPRz7wk3WY?si=MvzdfdJNucYpOw8i
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:

*conspiracy theories, to be pedantic.

The problem with Twitter nowadays is that it's no longer just one side that gets to air conspiracy theories without getting shadowbanned or outright banned.
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in