Earthquake in nj
General Discussion➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
Anybody feel the EQ? 4.8 with an epicenter around 35 miles from my house. Pretty serious shaking, things falling over and the whole house swaying like crazy

I know a few folks are up in this NE region - everybody good?
Nothing up here in MA.
Someone I know in NYC metro saying they felt it and think it was odd.
I felt a little rumble in central Rhode Island. Friends in SE MA reported rumbles as well.

I think gaba farted.
My wife said she didn’t feel anything but the latch on the basement door was rattling for a few seconds. And that never happened before. So she thought it was weird. I was camping in East Stroudsburg PA and we felt/saw nothing, but there were no significant structures around us for perspective.
Epicenter of quake was at the Trump National Golf club lol.
I slept through that shit ZZzzZz
I guess im just more sensitive than most. No one in my office said they felt anything besides me.

My chair shook and it felt like i was on a boat for 5 seconds.
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:
Epicenter of quake was at the Trump National Golf club lol.

There's his new bit for campaign rallies: "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" except it was a golf tournament.
Bloomberg reported this was the strongest in that area for 140 years, since back in 1884.
just a prelude to the week of eclipses, locust plagues, comets, topped off by new madrid cutting loose.

or not.
Didn't feel this one, but I did notice the one centered in VA some years back.
Apparently, the shaking WAS felt down here...

https://imgur.com/gallery/ae2tIWE
Felt the aftershock a few mins ago lol. Funny how my cat reacted minutes prior. I guess it’s true animals always know first.
Be a bad day if an earthquake hit NYC those building's aint made like the ones in Japan where they can sway when an earthquake hits.
Decades from now, the history books will incorrectly state:

"The Manhattan Bridge collapsed because of the earthquake in 2024"

In the future ChatGPT will be the new authors for the history books and will incorrectly repeat the statement because it was written only once (here)!
End of Thread
RefreshNext Unread
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in