Cs2 (again)
General Discussion➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
when i started, i was complete trash. completely, utterly, useless waste laying in the gutter. i've played cs1.6 over the years in bursts for a few months at a time...and usually after a month of solid play, i would consider myself to be a very average middle of the road player. definitely VERY far from anything on a competitive level, but also was equidistantly ahead of the "noobs"

With about 3 weeks of pretty regular CS2 play now, I am still just complete and utter trash (at times). More often than not I'm finishing rounds like 8-8, 11-7...last night was a rare 19-4, and a few other like 16-9's mixed in there with 2-3 MVP's and a good post-match title with 100+ ADR

I find a lot of higher tier guys who want to sandbag in casual (which is all i play) and it's hard to even try to identify what separates them from me and it's just an UNBELIEVABLE reaction time. Scouring the map strategically, holding positions well and taking out strings of 2-3 at a time, and then I come across some tryhard and I just get tossed out the window like a modelo bottle on the side of a highway in arizona.

And I won't even elaborate on how insane some of these exclusive awp-ers are. Just racking 5 kills around, finishing at 38-3 with 12 assists. the quick switch fast twitch reflexes are something that can't even be competed with

anyway, I like playing and I think some of you should join me :D
Wish I had time, but I'm locked into playing a pirate cartoon and I'm only good with 500-year-old weapons now. 🤷‍♂️
Not sure if this is the case for CS2 but if I recall correctly CS:GO was notorious for cheaters. Unless valve made their anti-cheat detection better then all the cheaters would have migrated to CS2.

It plays totally different than the CS I was used to back in high school. Hell, even the updated CS 1.6 has a different feel the first version the put up on steam.

I was a total CS fanboy back in high school. I even made a map for it. For now I'm a TFC fanboy. I suppose eventually TFC will eventually get saturated and dull for me the same way CS did. I wonder if there are still some of those won2 servers still up and running. Some nerd basically made it so you can play half life and half life mods without steam by creating a new WON server.
Never got into CS even though back in the early 2000s it was super popular back when LAN cafes existed. The spread from all the guns was weird for me. Like if I wanted to memorize random patterns I would take a course in probability theory or set theory than guess where the bullet is gonna go in CS. I remember back in the LAN cafe days everyone would have a theory where the bullets would go like the bottom of the crosshair or the top or outside. It was pretty funny. But luckily Battlefield 1942 was a popular game and I played that and its sequels as my main game (except now a days the series sucks ass).
Un-installed it recently. Just didn't click with me at the moment. I played the shit out of CS from the early years to Source.
as_oilrig or bust
I find the understanding of maps is critical. When I was working at an engineers office when I was in my early twenties we all would LAN rainbow six or some game similar. Everyone else was in their 30s and 40s so from a youth perspective I should have had an edge but I was just average. Well they had some counter strike maps and I'd just rape all their faces on those maps.
level1nobody wrote:
Wish I had time, but I'm locked into playing a pirate cartoon and I'm only good with 500-year-old weapons now. 🤷‍♂️

Haha
End of Thread
RefreshNext Unread
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in