How do people play one class only?
D2F Discussion➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
Thread title.

There are players with thousands of hours logged under a single class and less than a single hour under any of the other classes. Are they not the least bit curious?
Are you suggesting people experiment with their sexuality and are promoting experimentation and curiosity?

Anyway, I know I have Soldier logged in as the most and others with an extreme drop (my next played class is around 150 hours for Pyro). But for 2fort with this setting Soldier is good enough for me. I play other classes when the support is needed (like Engineer) or just to troll or fuck around. I'm sure if this server wasn't just 2fort then I would be much more diverse in classes and sexuality.
On different maps I like to play different classes, but since this is always 2fort, you will see me playing the class(es) that I can be most effective with for this map...
because medic class = best class

https://i.redd.it/txezjmpri6g41.png
Even in TFC, it's pretty fun to continuously heal a heavy while they tear through the enemy base.
Do cruises mins need to know?
Ha, possibly!

(Edit: Look at me, I'm replying from the future!)
level1nobody wrote:
Even in TFC, it's pretty fun to continuously heal a heavy while they tear through the enemy base.

Was that you with me a night or 2 ago?
level1nobody wrote:
Ha, possibly!

that was fun :)
level1nobody wrote:
Ha, possibly!

(Edit: Look at me, I'm replying from the future!)

https://youtu.be/356faqb9JnU?t=36
level1nobody wrote:

When the stars align and this does happen, it is great. Too bad the hit detection on the medpack is dogshit. One of the things TF2 did better.
I’m definitely soldier first, but I have started playing engy when teams are huge due to lag, loss, or something. And if I wish to embarrass myself I’ll toss in some medic and spy ?
Vishus wrote:
level1nobody wrote:

When the stars align and this does happen, it is great. Too bad the hit detection on the medpack is dogshit. One of the things TF2 did better.

I thought it was partially nerfed
Back when I started TFC I played mostly HW. That was back on the old WON network. I owned and people seemed to hate me in Pubs. But i did play in some clans in OGL [LTWM] and then joined [SoCal] as a HW. But got tired of people complaining so I learned Engineer from [SoCal]Fodder.
In those first couple years I tried some of everything, even Sniper as I ran the Team Fortress Hunted League for a few years.
But Engineer became my calling. I then started NeX|Clan and later joined [RzP]Radioactive Zombie Posse. [RzP]Spade was my mentor there.
I even took it to another level watching Zt.DinoVelvet during a match. I learned something from watching him on Well.
So I only play another class if Engineer slots are full. My last match with RzP they made me play offense. OMG if you ever see me play Medic or Scout or Soldier you will be glad if you don't have to watch that again lol.
Olinkapo, Rupp, BSL, Kwyjibo and others make offense look easy, its hard. Mad props to my old RzP teamates like Mighty Mouse and Eminent for doing it so well against tuff competition!
I don't think people realize how easy it is to pick up a new skill if you've been playing TFC for 1,000 hours. Even if it requires learning a different class.

Case in point, I never liked soldier class. Too slow to run and reload. But then I learned amateur-level bhop, and that helped.

But my jumps were too vertical. My long-distance jumps used to be with medic and demo only. Then I noticed how the rocket jump + HH in mid-air would send soldiers to the other side of a map. After only a little practice, my success rate of attempting that jump is about 50%. And when you're playing CMHF with no flag jumpers, that 50% comes in handy.

Edit: If I didn't properly tie all this back to the thread, I'm just saying there will be times when your favorite class isn't want the team or map needs. Helpful to have a backup.
level1nobody wrote:

Because in TFC it is fun to tear through an enemy base....
Racer wrote:
Back when I started TFC I played mostly HW. That was back on the old WON network. I owned and people seemed to hate me in Pubs. But i did play in some clans in OGL [LTWM] and then joined [SoCal] as a HW. But got tired of people complaining so I learned Engineer from [SoCal]Fodder.
In those first couple years I tried some of everything, even Sniper as I ran the Team Fortress Hunted League for a few years.
But Engineer became my calling. I then started NeX|Clan and later joined [RzP]Radioactive Zombie Posse. [RzP]Spade was my mentor there.
I even took it to another level watching Zt.DinoVelvet during a match. I learned something from watching him on Well.
So I only play another class if Engineer slots are full. My last match with RzP they made me play offense. OMG if you ever see me play Medic or Scout or Soldier you will be glad if you don't have to watch that again lol.
Olinkapo, Rupp, BSL, Kwyjibo and others make offense look easy, its hard. Mad props to my old RzP teamates like Mighty Mouse and Eminent for doing it so well against tuff competition!

I started out as a dedicated D player. Engineer was my most played class. Eventually, in the words of XenOz3r0xT, I started exploring my TFC sexuality and experimented with offense. Scout is now my most played class. But as racer wrote, offense is hard and arguably hardest as scout. I enjoy the challenge of offense as opposed to camping the basement. I'll take one for the team after our team caps and go d. Sometimes I'll go back to o if I get bored but sometimes that will bite the team in the ass with the other team capping.

I'm guessing the reason people play as one class is their have a raging boner for their stats in that class. Soldier I can see sticking with as that is a solid d and o class. I'll often switch to soldier when the d is such that I have no chance in hell as a scout to get in. I'll player sniper at the end of the match or when it's clear we are going to lose/win for some shits and giggles. I'll go spy sometimes as a sort of hail mary if no one on the team is spy and figure maybe the other team will be complacent and let me through. Sometimes that works.

I'm wondering if anyone plays random?
Only reason I don't go random is if I get a good tele somewhere, I'll lose it on respawn.
Backalleybuttlove wrote:
Racer wrote:

I started out as a dedicated D player. Engineer was my most played class. Eventually, in the words of XenOz3r0xT, I started exploring my TFC sexuality and experimented with offense. Scout is now my most played class. But as racer wrote, offense is hard and arguably hardest as scout. I enjoy the challenge of offense as opposed to camping the basement. I'll take one for the team after our team caps and go d. Sometimes I'll go back to o if I get bored but sometimes that will bite the team in the ass with the other team capping.

I'm guessing the reason people play as one class is their have a raging boner for their stats in that class. Soldier I can see sticking with as that is a solid d and o class. I'll often switch to soldier when the d is such that I have no chance in hell as a scout to get in. I'll player sniper at the end of the match or when it's clear we are going to lose/win for some shits and giggles. I'll go spy sometimes as a sort of hail mary if no one on the team is spy and figure maybe the other team will be complacent and let me through. Sometimes that works.

I'm wondering if anyone plays random?

Actually, I played D Soldier for the longest time, because it was the class I trained for in leagues. I had a really good "predictive" nature on where someone would be while I was in a guard position. I'm not saying people couldn't get passed me, but I prevented more than I let by.

The problem became when leagues got smaller and smaller, so you'd play against the same teams more. They would learn your playstyle, and the better players would figure out how to predict your predictive moves, and avoid them.

The reverse was also true, we would constantly have to figure out how to adapt to each other. It was a massive amount of fun, but damn it could tax your brain.
I play soldier basically because its the only thing I'm good at, and even then only because I play almost only defense at top ele or top spiral.

When soldier class is maxed out I generally switch to engie, figuring the team needs it & it should be easiest. Unfortunately, for a class that should be easy, I suck. Even hanging around the SG I can't defend it well. I'm lousy at tossing nades. Don't seem to be very good at shotie, etc.

Medic as a healer seems boring to me & it seems useless on D. I don't have the skills to do it on O.

I think I could do demo if I could figure out how to hot-key setting off the pipes, but I don't think you can do it as a standard thing at the same time you are setting down the pipes & I'm not good at scrolling between the options.

HW is too slow for me.

Spy seems good, but I don't seem to be able to do it well...maybe with practice though.

Scout is too weak for someone without skill.

If I couldn't do well at any class, I would probably give up on the game. I enjoy it and despite how I sound (when you can hear me) I do enjoy a lot of the people here. But I don't enjoy doing anything badly.
Drogon - Your right mouse button detonates the pipes. Well, the green ones, anyway... and yes, it can be done at any time.

I have found Demo to be a very fun class to play. Pipe jumping is pretty much second nature, now. Learning it was really easy. A single pipe will get you from mid-bridge onto the Sniper deck. From there, you can create chaos. It's wonderful!

I don't know about pipe jumping, but maybe I'll have to try demo again keeping in mind the right button detonate. Watching others, I feel its something I can do if I could detnate easily.
If you want, next time we're on together, I can go Demo, and you can Spec me to see how I do it.

I'm not the best Demo on the server, but you can at least learn the mechanics. Then it just comes down to some practice. You can either do that on d2f, or you can just create your own temporary server to practice on.

Hell, hit me up in Steam Chat sometime, and we can arrange a time for it.
Vishus wrote:
Thread title.

There are players with thousands of hours logged under a single class and less than a single hour under any of the other classes. Are they not the least bit curious?

I've never had anal sex. I know without a doubt that I am uninterested in anal sex. *shrug*

An interesting anal-ogy ?.

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself.
BAHAHAH!
:D
sprite wrote:
Vishus wrote:
Thread title.

I've never had anal sex. I know without a doubt that I am uninterested in anal sex. *shrug*

I...

nvm
sprite wrote:

I don't even know the key bind for that. I'm such a noob. ?

I...

nvm

Aw c'monnnnnnnnnnn don't get shy now. >D
Ignorant_Florist wrote:
Drogon - Your right mouse button detonates the pipes. Well, the green ones, anyway... and yes, it can be done at any time.

I have found Demo to be a very fun class to play. Pipe jumping is pretty much second nature, now. Learning it was really easy. A single pipe will get you from mid-bridge onto the Sniper deck. From there, you can create chaos. It's wonderful!

I thought you needed 2 pipes to get from mid bridge to sniper deck.
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in