An attack on one
Whiners Corner➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
An attack on one is an attack on all...raze that motherfukcer burn it straight the ground

Why is the purpose of NATO?
https://youtu.be/WXKS6d2g0tU
Preliminary reports are that it was a errant air defense missile fired from Ukraine.
If you really think Russia would attack a NATO member, you haven’t been paying attention… This isn’t a movie.
While we're on the subject, Turkey knows what's up. In a statement by their minister of interior:

"We have received the message but we do not accept it and reject the US embassy’s condolences." And likened them to "the murderer arriving as one of the first at the scene of the crime."
[SHS]Hitz wrote:
If you really think Russia would attack a NATO member, you haven’t been paying attention… This isn’t a movie.

It appears you are correct...i apologize for the knee jerk reaction
https://www.reuters.com/world/poland-blast-caused-by-missile...
Be careful for what you wish for. Seems like Zelensky had a hard on for getting NATO involved after this, but lo and behold, even Reuters and AP are reporting that it was fired by Ukrainians. Please God please someone here shit on my source.

Use of a respected and good source, I would defend your use of this source.
Agreed. NATO should respond to this Ukrainian attack on Poland
Zelenskyy challenges NATO's conclusion, to the contrary. If NATO knows more than Zelenskyy about his own weapons implementation, then it is time for the Ukrainian president to surrender his war effort to Russia (since he is killing NATO civilians apparently, and NATO understands how to manage his war more effectively but they merely sell their MIC production) or invite NATO to take over for the Ukraine.
Is the proposed reasoning - “not Russian made; therefore a faulty Ukrainian defense missile.” …? Hence, if A then not B; therefore B because not A :(
moose poop wrote:
Use of a respected and good source, I would defend your use of this source.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/associated-press-issues-correc...
That is what respected sources do, report timely corrections when more information comes out.

I believe the current widespread opinion is that it is still russia's fault as if they didn't shoot missles at cities in response to Ukraine stating their criteria for peace, then their defense missles wouldn't have been fired in the first place.

I've even seen people commenting that the defense missle bounced off the russian one and then landed in Poland (as if they had their own drone up in the sky watching the collision).

I think it was an accident, and shit happens, especially in wartime. I thought the same when it was believed that russia was responsible (though it was more 'shit happens when you are in war and incompetent')

Nobody needs to call an accidental Ukrainian missile Russia's fault..

Simultaneously, NATO's expected understanding is there is a war on their borders, so an accident is anticipated on the level of eventuality, from either side.

There is a question to be answered: is Russia skirting the Poland and Ukrainian border or flying into Poland just to get the Ukraine to fire in the direction of the border? I wouldn't be surprised if Russia is trying it. But right now it's just a contemplation.
drippy- wrote:
That is what respected sources do, report timely corrections when more information comes out.

I think the more respectable thing would be to wait until your damn sure what your publishing is right, especially something of this magnitude.
Hey, Drippy-... any chance we can get Nukes back on the server now? I mean... if they're going to fly anyway in real life... why NOT on the server?

stop being a war pig
I already made that joke....
Ignorant_Florist wrote:
Hey, Drippy-... any chance we can get Nukes back on the server now? I mean... if they're going to fly anyway in real life... why NOT on the server?

What did the nukes do? I am guessing they killed everyone on the opposite team? Maybe drippy can create a tactical nuke mod that kills everyone in the enemy basement.
Nukes were usually launched from the Sniper Deck by the player who had the Ralphy Bucks to do it, because it was most effective on the bridge. Here's a screenshot from the Gallery:

https://www.lunaticrage.com/drippy/gallery.php?g=2&id=62
Anyone caught in the blast radius was instantly killed.

Used in confined spaces, they seemed to be wasted, to be honest. Sure, they could take out everyone in the main basement, but that would be.... what? 3? 4 tops?

You could take out 8-10 with a bridge detonation.

The problem with the mod was that it would 50/50 crash the server. That's why when you ask Ralphy for a Nuke (go ahead, try it) he says "Due to U.N. Sanctions, I can no longer sell Nukes."

Ignorant_Florist wrote:

mine was funnier.
Igs,

So on a more barroom philosophy season: With winter at hand and the electrical grid in near collapse and the natural gas next; how do the next 4 months go?

I'm seeing a lot of civilian casualties, a lot of the older population dying; is this enough to stop the push east and south. I am beginning to think so. Yet, spring with rain and mud will also pose problems for heavy armor and with limited trained troops, I'm not sure if Russia can take full advantage. Does this continue for another year or two.
moose poop wrote:
Ignorant_Florist wrote:

mine was funnier.

LOL

NOPE.

(Replying to this, so I can quote your next reply)
moose poop wrote:
Igs,

So on a more barroom philosophy season: With winter at hand and the electrical grid in near collapse and the natural gas next; how do the next 4 months go?

I'm seeing a lot of civilian casualties, a lot of the older population dying; is this enough to stop the push east and south. I am beginning to think so. Yet, spring with rain and mud will also pose problems for heavy armor and with limited trained troops, I'm not sure if Russia can take full advantage. Does this continue for another year or two.

Honestly, my own experiences (as a student of military strategic methods) tell me that the next few months are going to get REAL ugly for the Ukranian people. I honestly feel for them.

I'm honestly projecting at least 6 months of absolute misery for those people, if not longer. With their infrastructure in shambles, yes, many will suffer and die (which is maddening, to be honest).... but I also think it will galvanize the survivors in ways Russia is ill prepared to calculate. I mean, every single thing they've done to "break" the Ukrainians so far, has had the exact opposite effect.

As for Spring.... Russia has no chance of retaking anything, without some level of "fallout" being involved. Their troops are untrained, carrying piss poor, antiquated weapons. Ukraine is being armed by NATO, with, granted, not our "top of the line" stuff, but still well more cared for equipment, and troops trained by NATO forces.

This completely IS a "Proxy-War" with Russia. And they are getting their asses handed to them.

The only thing that can fuck this up for Ukraine, the way I see it, is the minor "power shift" here in the US.
so a Stalingrad moment for Ukraine?
I'll have to look into that reference, but I was thinking "Russia's Vietnam", myself.
WWII: German army pushes deep into Russia (I guess you could even call it a Waterloo moment) over extending and pretty much has Russia on the ropes with rag tag pieces of its red army in Stalingrad making a stand and then winter sets in and stops everything. Russian endures horrible conditions and this becomes a pivot points in resolve, in momentum and changes the course of the war on the eastern front. There are a lot of other factors but the point was a cathartic moment of great endured pain to which coming out on the other side creates an unstoppable force of the hence lesser capable of the two forces.

* edit: Also as to the proxy issue. Thankfully it's fucking proxy, otherwise we would all die. But on the shift, yes maybe, but the rest of the western world would probably still support the effort, it is in their interest, like it is in ours... Hell, Turkey may even modify its position given the tarnish on Russia's abilities. Now, does the west take this opportunity to develop other sources for heating in winter....
The German army never 'bottomed out.' - this is the completed understanding until Moose Poop modifies his terminology.
I have not idea what you are speaking of....

My point is a moment in time where there is a dramatic change which in this instance had the common fact of the winter the Waterloo reference was a quip

Regardless, other than saying that the German army went into Russia (on over extended supply lines) I don't think I mention German army again.
Ignorant_Florist wrote:
I'm honestly projecting at least 6 months of absolute misery for those people, if not longer. With their infrastructure in shambles, yes, many will suffer and die (which is maddening, to be honest).... but I also think it will galvanize the survivors in ways Russia is ill prepared to calculate. I mean, every single thing they've done to "break" the Ukrainians so far, has had the exact opposite effect.

Pretty much spot on - Ukrainians are highly motivated, well equipped, and well fed. Russians are not.

But I don't think it will be 'absolute' misery for the UKR civilian population. It will suck, that's for sure but there's a near constant stream of international aid going into Ukraine, from governments, charities, and NGOs. It won't be a repeat of the Warsaw Ghetto.
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in