[Poll] Washing machine wednesdays
Whiners Corner➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
Poll: Washing Machine Wednesdays

Sounds amazing (24%)

Yes, I absolutely want this (41%)

I am a whiney baby who can't take washing machine (35%)

Poll has ended (it ran for 7 days). 17 total votes.

You all know Friendly Fire Friday, but how do you feel about Washing Machine Wednesdays? One full match of washing machine.

I was told to make this poll.
worst idea ever
Had an idea Saturday for "dueling admins" where each admin picks a team to spectate and root for. And they can use any event they want that might help their team at any particular moment.

Other team has the flag? Washing machine. Basement getting overrun? Spam/lag.
The reality is we cannot pick events. They are randomized. That's a funny idea.

Also, this is kind of tongue in cheek. I would totally play it but I know 90% of you would rage quit after 5 min of it. Washing machine can actually help on O in some cases.

The washing machine event really messes up movement. It's sufferable for the 30 seconds or minute that it's on but that's about it. Maybe a round with no nades might make things interesting.
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:
The reality is we cannot pick events. They are randomized. That's a funny idea.

Also, this is kind of tongue in cheek. I would totally play it but I know 90% of you would rage quit after 5 min of it. Washing machine can actually help on O in some cases.

Don't *I* know it... it helped me get a flag out once. Which was funny as all Hell!

With Washing Machine... it's all about timing, and location. It can definitely get you into a good hiding spot, but you have to be NEAR the hiding spot when it starts.

But yeah... we can't CHOOSE events. If we could, "Ralphy Hates You" would come up a LOT more. =D
The ability to choose events is probably a minor coding change.

But the long-term consequence of any server change is Drippy- having to answer forum questions for years and years about it. Questions that go into insane deep dives around technicalities, tweaks, metrics, bell curves, statistics, standard deviations and manifestos about snowballs and pumpkin theory. 😆
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:
You all know Friendly Fire Friday, but how do you feel about Washing Machine Wednesdays? One full match of washing machine.

I was told to make this poll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c
level1nobody wrote:
Had an idea Saturday for "dueling admins" where each admin picks a team to spectate and root for. And they can use any event they want that might help their team at any particular moment.

Other team has the flag? Washing machine. Basement getting overrun? Spam/lag.

Brilliant!
Terrible idea.

How about a "rock the vote" Saturday? We've seen how popular the other servers are, the ones that have different maps on. A lot of the regulars play on them, so why not cater to their desires? Or at least a Dustbowl event?

Boo Boo Cowday: The spiral is closed for repairs. The only path into the basement is now the elevator, and it is now operational for both teams.

Invisibility: For six hours from midnight to 6AM everyone is invisible. Don't believe me? Just hop on & you won't see a soul!

Grenadeball: Instead of snowballs, a limited number of grenadeballs exist with the same rules. However, they generate 1 standard grenade every 10 seconds to the player holding it. I forgot to mention, all weapons are prevented during this round so only grenades can be thrown to do damage.

Rotating Urinal: Rotating SG guns now have a urinal on their reverse side. So brave enemies wishing to spin around a rotating deadly gun while relieving themselves can now enjoy a bonus. Successfully peeing for 10 consecutive seconds provides you with full armor & also delivers instant death to the engineer that made that SG wherever he is.

MOV Mondays: Server side rules force both teams to crouch down walking slowly non-stop. Why? Because KILMOV said "SIT"
Drippy should do an event for quad damage. Like the quad damage pick up appears middle of the bridge
I actually really like the idea of an event where the elevator works for both teams. Would definitely change the strategy for getting the flag out of the basement.
Reverse Elevator
What about an elevator that remains up at all times by default, unless an enemy steps onto it. That triggers it to lower it down for enemies only. Has no effect for friendly team members stepping onto it, however they can ride it up if an enemy triggered it to go down, when it automatically returns in the upward position.

With the elevator typically always in the up position now, a flag runner trying to conc/gren up couldn't (well, more difficult) as the opening is very small with the elevator consuming most of the space above. However, if offense worked as a team then any class could now escape with the flag right up the elevator if someone remained topside ready to lower it down. This mostly shifts the defensive responsibility to the upper elevator instead of lower resupply spamming areas.

As an enemy above, you could decide to ride the elevator down to avoid fall damage, however the enemies would hear that sound as a warning sign. Enemy could walk over to the side & decide to fall down avoiding touching the elevator altogether. Or you could briefly touch it & get off fast remaining up top, as the loud empty elevator goes down distracting the boys in the basement.
[IOD]Snips wrote:
Boo Boo Cowday: The spiral is closed for repairs. The only path into the basement is now the elevator, and it is now operational for both teams.

Invisibility: For six hours from midnight to 6AM everyone is invisible. Don't believe me? Just hop on & you won't see a soul!

Grenadeball: Instead of snowballs, a limited number of grenadeballs exist with the same rules. However, they generate 1 standard grenade every 10 seconds to the player holding it. I forgot to mention, all weapons are prevented during this round so only grenades can be thrown to do damage.

Rotating Urinal: Rotating SG guns now have a urinal on their reverse side. So brave enemies wishing to spin around a rotating deadly gun while relieving themselves can now enjoy a bonus. Successfully peeing for 10 consecutive seconds provides you with full armor & also delivers instant death to the engineer that made that SG wherever he is.

MOV Mondays: Server side rules force both teams to crouch down walking slowly non-stop. Why? Because KILMOV said "SIT"

I'd rather have an event called The Purge where all cheap kill rules are not enforced.
The Purge
When two players are glowing white on each team, then this triggers the purge event to begin. Suddenly all respawn doors open & remain so throughout the event, the resupply turrets have been disabled.
There is truly nowhere to hide with every door opened! Teamwork is required to win this short lived event.

The flags are also removed for a short while, as the primary objective along with a score reflecting this relies upon the teams effort in ending the oppositions glowing players life. Obviously after they die once, they're no longer glowing. Cheap kill rules are not enforced, however grenades can be used inside the respawns during this event so freshly spawning players will have full grenades which will quickly overtake people trying to trap fresh spawning players.

The last team to have one glowing player alive still will win the purge & the event ends.

Let's face it, if you have 187 glowing white holding a snowball as HWGuy getting medic kit pumped & wrenched nonstop, you're probably going to win the purge! However, if they're weaker but fast & elusive, this almost converts 2fort into a style of "Hunted" map replacing the civilian with the glowing players.
The Purge
When two players are glowing white on each team, then this triggers the purge event to begin. Suddenly all respawn doors open & remain so throughout the event, the resupply turrets have been disabled.
There is truly nowhere to hide with every door opened! Teamwork is required to win this short lived event.

The flags are also removed for a short while, as the primary objective along with a score reflecting this relies upon the teams effort in ending the oppositions glowing players life. Obviously after they die once, they're no longer glowing. Cheap kill rules are not enforced, however grenades can be used inside the respawns during this event so freshly spawning players will have full grenades which will quickly overtake people trying to trap fresh spawning players.

The last team to have one glowing player alive still will win the purge & the event ends.

Let's face it, if you have 187 glowing white holding a snowball as HWGuy getting medic kit pumped & wrenched nonstop, you're probably going to win the purge! However, if they're weaker but fast & elusive, this almost converts 2fort into a style of "Hunted" map replacing the civilian with the glowing players.

Snips Idea God 2024
[IOD]Snips wrote:
The Purge

You know.... with some minor tweaking, this is a really GOOD idea!

One thing to note, though: If someone is "spawn hugging" (streaking or not), the "cheap kills" rule isn't enforced when the spawn hugger is hiding (or attempting to) in the Respawn. So long as THEY are your target... anyone else is "collateral damage".

This is why, if a "Spawn Player" (someone playing from Respawn) is noticed, all bets are off until that player either leaves the Respawn, or gets killed. Spam away.

I admire Drippy- as a coder, I just don't know if it's even possible to turn "no_annoyances" off and on during a round (or at all, since he could have disabled it in the basement Resupply a long time ago). BUT... the blast radius of a grenade (especially MIRVs with the bomblets) might be wide enough to damage anyone on the inside, if it detonates right outside the door. Also, "bomblets" from MIRVs.... are NOT affected by no_annoyances, only actual grenades.

Having the doors stay open for the duration should be easy, though.

I kinda like this idea.... almost like a "forced !hunt" command. BUT... (and this WOULD be a pain in the ass to code, I'm sure) I'd love to see each Streaker (the glowing players) take lower damage from non-Streakers (especially outside their own base), and whichever Streaking player takes out the other Streaking player gets credited with..... 5 points? 10? 20? to their personal "score" for the round. That would encourage them to actually go after the other Streaker, and have the "!hunt" location info displayed on their screen.

Yeah, I know.... "way to complicate shit, Iggy! Oh, and nice 'wall of text', too... ya asshole!"
i say we need an event where everyone is transformed into a scout for 2 minutes.

even better, creepy nibbler, tyrannis, tanya, and kilmov respawn on the bridge and aren't allowed to enter their own base for an entire match.
With the purge event there would be one brave glowing hero with a plan in place, and another glowing coward scared out of his mind. The scared player would want to follow the team, effectively putting both eggs into one basket. Perhaps there would be safety in numbers, I have no idea how it would play out.

Part of me thinks it would be effective to have a medic healing a non-glowing guy around corners distracting the angry mob. For every medic pack noise heard would lead the blood thirsty crowd to assume that just has to be the target & they're nearby.

Should it be a personal score bonus to the individual whoever lands the killing blow on a glowing target? Or instead a one time team bonus that affects the capping score for the team such as your team just earned two flag captures for winning the purge. Or you could even go an entirely different route & award every player on the winning team +5 bonus points to their personal score regardless of who landed that killing blow.

I think the conditions of needing two glowing white (15 kills without dying) on both teams would be rare enough that this event would not be a common occurrence. The primary downside to my idea is that because of this gamers would be clueless what is going on.

Perhaps if this was an event for a certain day where two players got picked at random, and the event could playout several times giving players an idea of how it can go would allow a smoother experience. With eventually baking in a trigger of four glowing white players or something.
How about an event where there is a VIP target for the whole day. Like for CoD Warzone there is a timer to kill a whole squad or individual for lots of in game money but for drippy make it like bucks or something. Like let’s say idk if gaba is in game and rally picks him as a high value target and whoever kills him gets 2000 bucks and if no one kills him after the time runs out then someone else gets marked as a target.
Maybe for 1 random round per day... "Random Hunt" occurs....

For each team, just to yank names out of my ass....

Blue Team is NOW hunting for "<Red player name>". You have 5 minutes to kill the target for 2000 Ralphy Bucks.

Red Team is NOW hunting for "<Blue player name>". You have 5 minutes to kill the target for 2000 Ralphy Bucks.

BUT... you don't tell the target who they are! You only announce to the server at large that "Team Hunt now activated!" and give each team the necessary details. Also, !STFU command is activated, so that no one can inform the target who they are. Also, you can't !msg anyone during that 5 minutes. Only !report is allowed (because, it kinda has to be).

That would be a banging idea!
That would be awesome.

Why are my messages needing approval Ralphy? I barely spew 1% of the toxicity here as opposed to everything political on the forums.
i like the hunt idea.
Make it so kilmov and tanya are permanently on hunted mode. If anyone kills them they get mucho dinero. I'm keen on Judge Holden's idea of dropping them in the middle of the bridge when respawning as well. Brilliant.

I remember a few weeks back Judge Holden was on the same team as kilmov and tanya.. poor Judge stood no chance lol. gaba and myself felt bad.
How about a guts game......

Each kill leaves the guts on the ground and that area of guts goes slippery or slows you down like the ice event/caltrop....random you don't know what it will do....let that run for a round and see where that goes...
Like a weak icerink effect in various parts of the map? And a full on slippery ice ink on bridge & sniper deck where the most death occurs?
One Minute Wonder
Every minute for an entire round, every player randomly receives a different power or punishment randomly rolled & applied from all the possible ones except for invisibility.

So at the exact same time...
Player A might have icerink
Player B might have washingmachine
Player C might have IV Drip.

If you got something terrible, remember it's only lasting 60 seconds. If it's great however, don't blow this opportunity - make it count! If a small offense all rolled a great power by chance, it would bend & break perfectly balanced teams that might have gotten yet another tie no score round. Or perhaps a basement team all rolling a punishment for 1minute together would be enough. SG guns would be even more important than ever.

Okay so maybe this wouldn't work. You grab the flag & a few seconds later you get washingmachine and can just float up the elevator with it. Or crazier yet, you roll spamfest and I assume you'd be teleported to the bridge while carrying the flag perhaps? The other reason this might not be good is it wouldn't be very newb friendly as they're looking for consistency when learning how the game operates. The randomness of punishments & rewards arriving & leaving dozens of times in a single game might be spicy interesting for regulars. Would have to reset for everybody like clockwork at the same exact time, death/joining/disconnecting wouldn't reset the timer.

This might be fun only when the server is completely full & neither team has captured a flag for 3-4 games in a row or something.
Games without caps: 13%

The number of games in a row without caps and the percentage of time it has happened:

2: 3.7%
3: 0.6%
4: 0.2%
5: 0.04%
6: 0.002%
7: 0.002%
Oh my I would have assumed the numbers would've been higher, interesting. Thank you for the stats!
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in