[Poll] Do we have a cheating problem?
Whiners Corner➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
Poll: Do we have dodgy snipers on Drippys?

Yes (36%)

No (55%)

Possibly (9%)

Poll has ended (it ran for 7 days). 11 total votes.

I just saw on the Evil forums that JakeLeCat was perm banned there for cheating, after gameplay review by multiple admins. Now, the Evil server admins and owners are bell-ends, I'm sure we can all agree... but is this something for us to be concerned about, or have our admins/Drippy given Jake the all clear, after learning of his Evil ban?

Signed, a concerned sniper, who trembles in fear when Jake (and a few others) are playing sniper. I just want a level playing field.

JakeLeCat (STEAM_0:0:30860940)

https://forums.esclan.net/index.php?topic=9210.0
Do you have a link to the evil thread
I don’t think he does. Plus I think they ban for whatever over there no? I recall pepper jack posting a video about a former evil admin who got their access revoked for trying to ban him or something.
EmotionallyDisturbedParakeet wrote:
Do you have a link to the evil thread

https://forums.esclan.net/index.php?topic=9210.0
Jake doesn't cheat, neither does Dragonite. Doesn't matter what the "high council" (lol) at EviL say. Having Angi as an admin says it all about their judgement.
^ found the link I was referring to.

https://youtu.be/u6Wl40iCGBcsi=uPmmW4PrgdrMwjxa
According to the comments she lost her admin access in regards to their server.
amnesia wrote:
Jake doesn't cheat, neither does Dragonite. Doesn't matter what the "high council" (lol) at EviL say. Having Angi as an admin says it all about their judgement.

Yeah, the whole high council thing is pretty cringe. But protesting Angi as admin? SEXIST! Just kidding. I'd appreciate more comedic commentary pertaining to your criticism of Angi as admin.
XenOz3r0xT wrote:
^ found the link I was referring to.

https://youtu.be/u6Wl40iCGBcsi=uPmmW4PrgdrMwjxa
According to the comments she lost her admin access in regards to their server.

Holy shit, that video was great, lol.
Random Arnold noises at about 1:35
amnesia wrote:

^^ this.
"do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life"

editing that video was the funnest video i've ever made...and i did it in about 30 minutes (including scrubbing footage). just goes to show that when you're really enjoying it, it's a breeze

jake doesn't cheat btw. evil bans everybody that's better than they are because evil players are trash, and therefore everybody is better than they are, and therefore we must all be cheating, and therefore they ban everyone
"Jake doesn't cheat."

Not to be THAT guy, but how do ya'll know this.
It's easy to say someone doesn't cheat, it's just hard to prove that they do. I will consult with the TFC counsel on this matter. This isn't just for D2F or Evil.
let me clarify

if he's cheating, it's not when i've played against him

does he cheat on other servers? maybe, idk...but at drippys? i'll make a strong case against him cheating

does he have a history at drippys of bans/evasions/etc?
mmarino51589 wrote:

editing that video was the funnest video i've ever made...and i did it in about 30 minutes (including scrubbing footage). just goes to show that when you're really enjoying it, it's a breeze

jake doesn't cheat btw. evil bans everybody that's better than they are because evil players are trash, and therefore everybody is better than they are, and therefore we must all be cheating, and therefore they ban everyone

That video was very cathartic. Especially since I can never get past Angi when she is on D in the basement.
mmarino51589 wrote:

^^ ethos of every strangled hooker ever
Dont forget about 'Spectator' Cheating -
(there are 2 common types)

First Type - Have a buddy spectate a targeted player on the opposite team and give other(s) on the team updates on that targeted player

Second Type - Have 2 TFC accounts - 1 account that is in spectator that you can set the camera up to monitor one position while you are in another position on the map (for instance - a demoman sets down pipes in one location and he monitors those pipes while he is somewhere out of site of those pipes in another position)
Who does this lol? I know people like to wait in Spec but its almost always regulars who are just "watching" or as one put it "studying".
Yeah, I don’t know who would waste their time doing that Xen. Also, I don’t consider either one of those options as cheating. Maybe cheap, but neither option tries to circumvent the game itself. I don’t think giving good comms which allow you to hit oncoming players as they turn a corner cheating. And this is close to the same intel.
I took it as someone with two accounts who joins both accounts to the server and one account plays on one screen while the other account sits in spec essentially "LAN hacking". I understood that this was cheating because I do recall Drippy saying something along the lines of someone either doing it/ got caught/ suspected of doing it and thus is the reason why we cannot view games going on via HLTV because people would use it dishonestly.

But I do recall someone (I forgot who) said that players will wait in spec for opportunities to join when certain players have moved on or are distracted for a quick cap (chats from both teams can be seen in spec). I consider this cheap as all heck but not cheating IMO.
my understanding you'd get banned for that here. is the term ghosting by any chance.
Do some snipers cheat? Yes. Does Jake cheat? Not in my experience getting sniped by him.
gaba is gay.

I mean flinstones gay
We do have a yabbado time here.
(chats from both teams can be seen in spec)

No, you can't see teamchat in spectator.
End of Thread
RefreshNext Unread
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in