[Poll] Worst person to have on your team
Whiners Corner➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
Poll: worst person to have on your team

kilmov (23%)

tanya (54%)

tyrannis (8%)

don viper (15%)

Poll has ended (it ran for 7 days). 13 total votes.

i voted for viper. at least tanya and tyrannis do provide some elevator defense. kilmov...

viper does nothing but go for cheap kills and then when he actually makes it to the opposing deck to get more cheap kills he grabs flags and takes them all they way from water spiral to water spiral. complete detriment to his team. new champ.
No one can top kilomov and tanya in terms of uselessness.
I have a variant of this poll to submit for consideration and that is:

Who is the most skilled player that is also the worst to have on your team (assuming the goal is to win)?

In this category, two come to my mind:

Baddy, especially if he is the only engineer on your team.

He cares only about getting maximum kills and will not put an SG in the basement to defend the flag under any circumstances. Perfect example the other night; he had a whopping 145 kills and his team lost 30-0.

LuCu$: Helluva skilled soldier, but good luck getting a bag of grenades in main respawn when he's on your team. Only one thing will cause him to leave his perch camping the grenade bag, and no, it's not the threat of his team's flag being carried out of the base. The only thing that'll knock him off is a well placed EMP towards the ceiling of the first floor by an opposing engy. Then he'll pause to report that engy (ask me how I know)

those are some hard choices
Kilmov retired though. What if he wins? Who's gonna be the Clubber Lang who challenges him for #1 worst teammate?
American KGB wrote:
I have a variant of this poll to submit for consideration and that is:

Who is the most skilled player that is also the worst to have on your team (assuming the goal is to win)?

In this category, two come to my mind:

Baddy, especially if he is the only engineer on your team.

He cares only about getting maximum kills and will not put an SG in the basement to defend the flag under any circumstances. Perfect example the other night; he had a whopping 145 kills and his team lost 30-0.

LuCu$: Helluva skilled soldier, but good luck getting a bag of grenades in main respawn when he's on your team. Only one thing will cause him to leave his perch camping the grenade bag, and no, it's not the threat of his team's flag being carried out of the base. The only thing that'll knock him off is a well placed EMP towards the ceiling of the first floor by an opposing engy. Then he'll pause to report that engy (ask me how I know)

While on the topic of people who know what they are doing but are a detriment when on your team:

I oust every single one of you that pisses/ shits their pants or runs away and ends up stuffing crayons into their nose Homer Simpson style when people like UPSET, 187, bk, NOOKIE, Vishus, matt, Pheesh, fade, VOIDOBOT, etc. are on O. The past few days I had those people mentioned above on the opposite team stacked while I had regulars on my team who I know can hold their own because everyone seems to be coordinated and smart like SEAL Team 6 when they are against me but when against the opposition I mentioned above, they just act so retarded. Like don't get scared and stuff. Just friggin do what you do to me to them and that will stop them.

End rant and kicks gaba's door down.
nice rant
XenOz3r0xT wrote:
I oust every single one of you that pisses/ shits their pants or runs away and ends up stuffing crayons into their nose Homer Simpson style when people like UPSET, 187, bk, NOOKIE, Vishus, matt, Pheesh, fade, VOIDOBOT, etc. are on O.

Yeah the wussies are a weak link. Whenever I see a 'grapefruit' on the other team I welcome the challenge. Though it also opens it up for frustration if your team doesn't do the same or pay attention. This is the nature of playing in a pub server, however
I can't think of any specific names but one of the things that gets me real butthurt is when say the enemy flag is in the box room. It's at that point the "team" in "team fortress classic" should come into play, and some of the guys on d should help out a bit and/or a sniper switches class for a bit. Even worse is when you have an epic turnover when the flag is at the enemy entrance or even bridge and then goes back because "muh stats."

Edit: why is don viper on the list? If I recall he is a solid player.
^ that’s because people only play when it’s comfortable for them. I am not looking for D2F to be Uber try hard competitive like some of the virgins that play here. But at the same time most people here do not suck. Yeah maybe they can’t bhop but besides that they do decently well when in coordination with each other and supporting each other. I just wish it was consistent and not when the planets align or solely when they are on the opposite team of me.I know it’s frustrating sometimes when the flag is in a reachable spot and no one helps. I’ve been in that situation where one person got the flag to box room by themself and I’m on D trying to hold off people that the rest of the team on D cannot even stop so I’m left deciding do I help get the flag or let the 3rd string rejects for the Boston Celtics try to defend the flag assuming they don’t get pub stomped on by the O coming over.

Screw don viper, fucking kobra kai looking motherflower
Backalleybuttlove wrote:
I can't think of any specific names but one of the things that gets me real butthurt is when say the enemy flag is in the box room. It's at that point the "team" in "team fortress classic" should come into play, and some of the guys on d should help out a bit and/or a sniper switches class for a bit. Even worse is when you have an epic turnover when the flag is at the enemy entrance or even bridge and then goes back because "muh stats."

Edit: why is don viper on the list? If I recall he is a solid player.

I wish more people understood how frustrating it is to get a flag to the box room after 30 failed runs and then seeing the flag return from lack of help.

If you're perma-D, I can imagine not having any kind of personal stake in capping the flag. That all just happens off-screen in another world; you just kind of hope for the best.

But for the runners who've been doing the equivalent of banging their heads against the wall for 20 minutes, losing an easy flag touch should be good for one guilt-free RQ.

And please, "Need help with flag" means now. If it takes you 40 seconds to get out the front door then thanks but no thanks. 😆
I forget that knobhead who always puts SGs in random places to get cheap kills. I think his name begins with an A.

A lot of skilled players tend to sulk when things aren't going their way and just sit back on sniper or something silly. They're always a detriment when not winning! I love playing against UPSET and driving him mad by just writing his name in negative sentences :lol:
Awesome! I made a list!

Funny thing about last night....I'm on Judge's team, he gets shot by enemy sniper. I say "where is he Judge?", because I was on the enemy side and was going to try for the sniper. He calls me useless as I'm grabbing the dropped enemy flag which I returned for a cap, lol.

People whine when I'm on defense, people whine when I'm on offense, what ever happened to just having fun playing the game?

I suppose I shouldn't try to kill any enemy snipers on their sniper decks so they can kill my teammates, lol.

Haters are gonna always hate. I just play to have fun. If y'all let TFC ruin your day, you should start seeing a therapist, and get out of whatever family member's basement you are living with still.
Don, you been on my list for the last 2 years.

That's why some of these guys are pissed at you.

Is it possible to have one team with the greatest players of all time against the worst players by freak chance?

In other words with the balancer, would a 3 vs 11 be considered "good" by the balancer in a rare occurrence? I wonder what the most extreme difference in players has happened, where the balancer still considered it good has been in recent history.

Has there ever been a sustained 21v6 match, like someone not allowed to switch to the 6man team because that would make it unbalanced?
Is it possible to have one team with the greatest players of all time against the worst players by freak chance?

If not, it's not for lack of trying. 😁
[IOD]Snips wrote:

In other words with the balancer, would a 3 vs 11 be considered "good" by the balancer in a rare occurrence? I wonder what the most extreme difference in players has happened, where the balancer still considered it good has been in recent history.

Has there ever been a sustained 21v6 match, like someone not allowed to switch to the 6man team because that would make it unbalanced?

I believe I have screen shots on my tower where it was one team in the low single digits against a team in the high teens. So yes I would say its possible.
I’ve seen something like 13 on 6 approximately. Not sure if ever seen worse than that.
Ignorant_Florist wrote:

Oh you have a list too? What is that list called? 2 years, man that's a long time to hold onto some anger and hate? I haven't even seen you on the server much, unless you go by a different name.

Look, I'll be honest, I don't play TFC to try to make anyone have a good day, that is each and every one of your responsibilities. I also have zero care if anyone is pissed at me. That is also on them. Guys, most of us are close to 50, or some of you A LOT further along.....we're playing a game that should be dead and gone, but players like all of us keep the life support going. But it is just a game.

I play TFC because I like the game.

Here's the thing, and many can confirm this, when I join my team, I used to ALWAYS ask, where do you need me. If there was no response, I will usually hang back on defense because I am weaker on offense. If there is a response, it's usually a request to help on D, which I will gladly oblige. I don't ask everytime I join anymore, especially if I join a team and don't see too many regulars. Now, I stay on D, if we're handling D and the teammates ask for help on O, I give it a shot, like I said, I'm not strong on offense, but it's just a game, and why not.....If I can't get to the flag, I'll do my best to disrupt or unalive any enemy I can to help my teammates get to the flag.

The times I do go on offense, I am usually looking to disrupt the enemy sniper fun, especially when they are taking out teammates left and right. Yeah, I'll usually take the water, because my mission is to kill some snipers, and I don't want them to see me coming across the bridge.

The players that don't ever seem to complain, and have fun almost every time I'm there, like MintBerry, LG, BooBoo, Hog HD, PepperJack, Statix, hell so many that I can't list them all, we always have a fun time.

The ones that do seem to complain, or quick to call for cheats or "hax", are the ones getting killed over and over again.

Some have complained when I'm DEMO on my own deck, and how I just keep killing medics, scouts, and anyone else that comes up there trying to get our snipers or use the deck as their entry point to our base. I find it funny as hell that some of them make it their whole match just to try to kill me, and they do succeed, but I figure if I'm distracting them on the deck, that's one less player going for our flag.

You all will have a few weeks of me not being too present because my busy baseball photography season has started, and I like my money!

I don't play TFC with the intention to piss anyone off, or make enemies, but I sure as hell am not going to apologize for the things that are upsetting "some of these guys". Again, that's on y'all.

I don't "hate" anyone. That's a burden I dropped years ago.

The list of mine you're on is "occasionally watch this guy".

I haven't been on for a few weeks, but I often do use an alt-name and sit in Spec to watch for rule violations. Just the usual spamming respawn, cheap kills, team shooting, that kind of thing.

Don't feel too honoured to be on that list, though.... it's pretty lengthy.

:)
Hello all Drippys engineer masters,engineer class is not just for D,D gets boring and makes me want to KMS (especially when trying to get out of spawn and theres 5 people either standing in spawn typing about biden or trying to get armor for the 12th time) If you need the dedicated SG 3 inches from the flag then hit B :) love u all
I miss ABC123.
baddy40 wrote:
Hello all Drippys engineer masters,engineer class is not just for D,D gets boring and makes me want to KMS (especially when trying to get out of spawn and theres 5 people either standing in spawn typing about biden or trying to get armor for the 12th time) If you need the dedicated SG 3 inches from the flag then hit B :) love u all

Shut up baddy and go work your night shift.
DonViper22 wrote:
Ignorant_Florist wrote:

Oh you have a list too? What is that list called? 2 years, man that's a long time to hold onto some anger and hate? I haven't even seen you on the server much, unless you go by a different name.

Look, I'll be honest, I don't play TFC to try to make anyone have a good day, that is each and every one of your responsibilities. I also have zero care if anyone is pissed at me. That is also on them. Guys, most of us are close to 50, or some of you A LOT further along.....we're playing a game that should be dead and gone, but players like all of us keep the life support going. But it is just a game.

I play TFC because I like the game.

Here's the thing, and many can confirm this, when I join my team, I used to ALWAYS ask, where do you need me. If there was no response, I will usually hang back on defense because I am weaker on offense. If there is a response, it's usually a request to help on D, which I will gladly oblige. I don't ask everytime I join anymore, especially if I join a team and don't see too many regulars. Now, I stay on D, if we're handling D and the teammates ask for help on O, I give it a shot, like I said, I'm not strong on offense, but it's just a game, and why not.....If I can't get to the flag, I'll do my best to disrupt or unalive any enemy I can to help my teammates get to the flag.

The times I do go on offense, I am usually looking to disrupt the enemy sniper fun, especially when they are taking out teammates left and right. Yeah, I'll usually take the water, because my mission is to kill some snipers, and I don't want them to see me coming across the bridge.

The players that don't ever seem to complain, and have fun almost every time I'm there, like MintBerry, LG, BooBoo, Hog HD, PepperJack, Statix, hell so many that I can't list them all, we always have a fun time.

The ones that do seem to complain, or quick to call for cheats or "hax", are the ones getting killed over and over again.

Some have complained when I'm DEMO on my own deck, and how I just keep killing medics, scouts, and anyone else that comes up there trying to get our snipers or use the deck as their entry point to our base. I find it funny as hell that some of them make it their whole match just to try to kill me, and they do succeed, but I figure if I'm distracting them on the deck, that's one less player going for our flag.

You all will have a few weeks of me not being too present because my busy baseball photography season has started, and I like my money!

I don't play TFC with the intention to piss anyone off, or make enemies, but I sure as hell am not going to apologize for the things that are upsetting "some of these guys". Again, that's on y'all.

The only list you are on is the same as me, gaba, gg#4 and Vishus and that is a ban list to Golden Corral for exploiting higher cuts of meat like prime rib and salmon for low price points.
as iggy said, we don't "hate". we get frustrated by silly and ignorant game-play. we screw about now and then, but we play to win. and we come here to whine. if you wanna have fun go play checkers... but this, "this is serious business, sex and drugs and rock 'n roll"

...or maybe it's just a game. i can't remember.
Hey, Holden.. is it REALLY that difficult to press the Shift key on the first letter when you type my name?

If we were in jail together, I could hire a gang of thugs to go full Gaba on your ass for that level of disrespect.

Or, I could just add you to my "Ban on Sight" list.....
I stood behind Jack at the grenades pack. He hasn't learned the magic place to stand. So I got the grenades and then he turned around and I shouted on microphone "THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR FUCKING WAITING FOR NADES." Someone on mic laughed. Then I died. Then I respawned and Jack was STILL standing at the nade packs and I took the nades from him a SECOND time.

He cursed my wife and kids after I admitted that I, too, wait for nades sometimes.
Ignorant_Florist wrote:
Hey, Holden.. is it REALLY that difficult to press the Shift key on the first letter when you type my name?

If we were in jail together, I could hire a gang of thugs to go full Gaba on your ass for that level of disrespect.

Or, I could just add you to my "Ban on Sight" list.....

he could be typing from a fone, iggy
Then he's a lazy mudderfugger.
EmotionallyDisturbedParakeet wrote:
I stood behind Jack at the grenades pack. He hasn't learned the magic place to stand. So I got the grenades and then he turned around and I shouted on microphone "THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR FUCKING WAITING FOR NADES." Someone on mic laughed. Then I died. Then I respawned and Jack was STILL standing at the nade packs and I took the nades from him a SECOND time.

He cursed my wife and kids after I admitted that I, too, wait for nades sometimes.

Jack and Jill
by Mother Goose

Jack and Jill wanted another spy pill
they stood there letting time fly by;
Jack was waiting around, hearing no backpack sound,
and Jill saw Gaba & just used the other resupply
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in