Temp banned
Whiners Corner➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
I played several hours ago as engy and after two hours or so of play left at the end of the round to go outside, maybe 4-5 hours ago. It rained so I came back to play just now and I'm temp banned for camping spawn. I've been playing here for 20 years and never had trouble for this. Admin who did this, what did I do?

Rubix
steam_0:0:4091664
building a sg outside of the main spawn

and its been 2 years since your last ban for something similar
Two years ago was for spamming pills, I was warned and stopped but the other two spies also were pilling and I took the ban. Today I built an sg in enemy ramp room, yes, to cover my tele exit. SGs outside respawn are unstated in rules but fair enough to not suppress the respawn. Today I received no warning and our team was getting demolished in cap counts. If it was such a big deal I should have been banned right in the moment instead of later after the fact. I'll sit out a few days, I can suffer in other servers to pass the time.
drippy- wrote:

I was on the other team during that game and got nailed by that gun one time myself. I'm surprised that isn't allowed, though. If an engy is so bold and is able to build a level 3 SG that deep inside the enemy base, I say good for him (or her).
I didn't even build that sg up. I planted it to cover my aggressive O tele exit and another engy came in and upgraded it. I did admittedly run back to it and repair it. I agree about being so bold as to allow it, though I also agree that respawn should be overly suppressed. An SG couldn't even really do that given the required maintenance and supply so far away from battlements.
American KGB wrote:
drippy- wrote:

I was on the other team during that game and got nailed by that gun one time myself. I'm surprised that isn't allowed, though. If an engy is so bold and is able to build a level 3 SG that deep inside the enemy base, I say good for him (or her).

Na, fuck that, it's the same as a HW camping the main spawn door. Sure, it's easy to take out, but it's easy kills and isn't allowed. I was the one who snitched btw 👍
Rubix wrote:
Today I built an sg in enemy ramp room

our team was getting demolished in cap counts.

SHOCKING.

EDIT: YOU DON'T SAY.

EDIT: IMAGINE THAT.

EDIT: TELL ME MORE.
^This is almost as bad as baddy building in random places lol. Also speaking of SGs and spawns....who is the genius (I think named the gayest thing ever) that keeps building SGs literally in front of their own team's spawn exit in main? Like not only is that horrible for team mates trying to leave but it invites spam and I personally label it as griefing to screw over your own team knowing what is going to happen. But AFAIK that dude isn't banned for doing it but Rubix gets banned for whatever he did. I hate Mondays.
I get tired of trying to work things out with you. I get tired of listening to your excuses and giving chances. For your peace of mind, I just have to say this... SHUT UP, XENO. YOU PIECE OF CRAP.
[SHS]Hitz wrote:
American KGB wrote:
drippy- wrote:

Na, fuck that, it's the same as a HW camping the main spawn door. Sure, it's easy to take out, but it's easy kills and isn't allowed. I was the one who snitched btw 👍

SNITCH!!!

furthermore, its not nearly anywhere remotely close to an hw camping main spawn.

should not even be considered a banable offence imo. considering the amount of time to build and gathering bags to upgrade. why allow a detpack but not an SG?
I was under the influence that detpacks aren’t allowed there or some of the silent rules. Like you can get hp while infected just don’t infect anyone as I understood it. Unless it’s posted on the splash screen before selecting a team lol.
___rOOsTeR__cOcKbUrN___ wrote:
I get tired of trying to work things out with you. I get tired of listening to your excuses and giving chances. For your peace of mind, I just have to say this... SHUT UP, XENO. YOU PIECE OF CRAP.

Shut up. I bet your old roommate misses eating your tossed salad with loads of ranch all over the place.
Nookie wrote:
[SHS]Hitz wrote:
American KGB wrote:

SNITCH!!!

furthermore, its not nearly anywhere remotely close to an hw camping main spawn.

should not even be considered a banable offence imo. considering the amount of time to build and gathering bags to upgrade. why allow a detpack but not an SG?

^^^^ THIS!!!! ^^^^

I still don't get it why it's still allowed... demo setting a detpack in front the main respawn... someone open the door and boom kill 2-3 people inside... yes it takes time to set a detpack and the demo is vulnerable during that time and easy to kill... pretty much the same time as building and SG... but it's almost worse as it kills people inside of respawn instantly whereas the SG is as soon as you get out it start shooting at you. This tactic is clearly to get cheap kills. Because the exact place it setup is not align with the top spiral or not align with the top ramp room and not even the top sniper deck hallway so the only thing that it's align with is the main respawn exit.
A detpack explodes exactly one time, and there's an audible whine right before it does.

I don't know where he placed the SG, but if it's more in the middle of the RR, I'd call it fair play. If it's located near the T junction, where it can fire on those as they come out of the door, that's different.

To avoid "cheap kills" by an SG in the enemy base, you have to allow players to emerge into the field of play. Even if it fires at them as they head to the Sniper Deck, I'd call it "close", so long as they can maneuver enough to be in the field of play and not get shot by it, and have a chance to take it down once they know it's there.
I agree... it does detonate only one time but still can instantly kill 2-3 people whereas the SG may kill one maybe 2 players as you have the time to throw a nade/nail nade/Mirv, EMP at it usually. Unsless the engy is sitting behind it repairing it there is good chance you take it out easily. Yes you heard the detpack but you know necessairly know it's exact location when you are in the respawn... so usually people wait in the little hallway prior to exit respawn that it detonate however sometimes you have noobs that decide to go anyways and boom we all get killed in the that little hallway.
It's rare but I've died inside the main resupply when someone else opened the door from a detpack placed in the corner. Don't think it should be allowed either, but that's just my opinion & I'll accept it if the rules allow for it.

There are a lot of rules on Drippy's 2fort, but for the most part they make the gameplay so much better. This would make your brain explode however, if other maps were rotated on the server and gamers had to memorize what's unacceptable on a per map basis. Discussions about mirv or emp placed too close to a door on Dustbowl, or how many spy pills are allowed how close to the Avanti respawns. Discussions about respawn protection timers causing mirror damage on maps where players spawn at different locations would be a complicated matter to balance too. Just the enemy medic entering the main resupply rules on 2fort felt complicated to me, but other maps would probably have similar or very different versions of specific rules I'd expect.

Slams the 4 inch thick book on the desk, here are them rules! lol
I don't think that the rules are so much complicated... for most of it... it's don't try to get cheap kills from freshly spawn players.

I think exploit, game disurption, cheating and such are mostly common rules on other servers.
Quickly skimmed over the forum and thought this said "Trump Banned"
LuCuS wrote:
I don't think that the rules are so much complicated... for most of it... it's don't try to get cheap kills from freshly spawn players.

I think exploit, game disurption, cheating and such are mostly common rules on other servers.

Besides that, when it comes to the "intricacies" of the rules, there's only ONE word that applies: "Intent".

Which is why the location of the SG comes into play. If placed directly in line to the Main Respawn exit.... that's pretty much "intending" to kill anyone emerging from there... which includes (but may not be limited to) Freshly Spawned players.

Not gonna lie, I learned this "the hard way", by joining the server when it was empty some years back.... playing as an Engy, EMP-Jumping up into the enemy SS Respawn, and building an SG there.

I figured I'd get maybe 1-3 kills out of it before whomever joined took the easy way to kill it.... go Spy, disguise before emerging, dropping a couple of grenades on it, then moving on.

MY luck intervened, and it was an Admin (I wasn't one at the time, so that tells you how long ago this was).... who DID show mercy on me and only !kicked me for it. Given the number of hours I had on the server at the time, that could easily have been 5 days.... but I think they understood that I was just "fucking around" because stats weren't being kept. But the !kick served as the warning it was intended to, and I never did that again.
^

hope they come forward so we can call them a crybaby
Dude, that was so fuckin' long ago, I not only don't remember who it was that joined, but also couldn't swear that they still joined here OR was still an Admin.

Doesn't matter.... I admitted that I was fucking around, but that it WAS the "wrong" thing to do. So I didn't bitch about the !kick, and in fact was thankful that it wasn't an outright !ban.
Ignorant_Florist wrote:
LuCuS wrote:

Besides that, when it comes to the "intricacies" of the rules, there's only ONE word that applies: "Intent".

Which is why the location of the SG comes into play. If placed directly in line to the Main Respawn exit.... that's pretty much "intending" to kill anyone emerging from there... which includes (but may not be limited to) Freshly Spawned players.

Not gonna lie, I learned this "the hard way", by joining the server when it was empty some years back.... playing as an Engy, EMP-Jumping up into the enemy SS Respawn, and building an SG there.

I figured I'd get maybe 1-3 kills out of it before whomever joined took the easy way to kill it.... go Spy, disguise before emerging, dropping a couple of grenades on it, then moving on.

MY luck intervened, and it was an Admin (I wasn't one at the time, so that tells you how long ago this was).... who DID show mercy on me and only !kicked me for it. Given the number of hours I had on the server at the time, that could easily have been 5 days.... but I think they understood that I was just "fucking around" because stats weren't being kept. But the !kick served as the warning it was intended to, and I never did that again.

Actually I have the same scenario where I was messing around as en engy and back then Bobsmith kicked me out... I believe that I apologize and didn't do it after.
Yeah, we've all done dumb shit in our younger days. But we live and we learn.

(unless your name is Gaba, of course)
End of Thread
RefreshNext Unread
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in