These kids these days...
Whiners Corner➕ New Thread↩ Reply to Thread🔎 Search
PosterMessage
Always looking to define who they are, and piss someone else off...

https://youtu.be/_DCMxBmbCSU
Discuss.
*Random Political Talking Point
This generation is so fucked up, there's no hope.

I agree that it is Transphobic.
What is, the terminology, or a bio male not wanting to date a trans woman?

Certainly if a bio male isn't interested in dating a gay male, that doesn't make him homophobic.

People should be able to make personal decisions about who they are with, and not be labeled as phobic.

The terminology and the fact they feel the need to even have a flag when it is a majority thing.
I suppose you have a point regarding labels; I never liked them either but that's how it is now.

The correct term is 'cishet' - a portmanteau of cisgender and heterosexual.

I've done a lot of reading and learning on this stuff the last couple of years because I know a few transpeople in real life and also online (yes, there's some here at D2F, too).
Do I understand it all and agree with everything having labels and how sensitive people are to being called the right thing? No, but I am learning. It's the least we can do.

Not sure if you know any transwomen or transmen in real life but they are constantly being judged and don't feel safe in their own body. The suicide rate is extremely high due to this and other reasons.

This is how it is now, and there's nothing we can do to change it other than to learn and respect people for who they are.

20+ years ago, None of this stuff was really discussed the way it is now. But I see a lot of conservative-minded people lose their mind over this stuff, and blame it on liberal agendas being forced in schools.
I think there'll be a lot more knowledge on this subject in the coming decades because it's not all concrete.

I'm a boring heterosexual white male who grew up in a farmy town where there was one black person and everyone called each other faggots. Never thought anything of it until I met people different than myself and those I was around.
I knew one, through my cousin. She killed herself last year. She struggled for years. She didn't transition.

I fall back on this: I don't care about what you do, who you are, the color of your skin or any of that. If you're cool, I'm cool. If you're an asshole, fuck you.

Period.

Too many people go out of their way to push their views onto others. Anyone that does that can fuck off. Let them be themselves. By that same token, stop telling me I have to do this, that or the other thing. I'll show you respect as long as you do the same for me.

It's why I have a general dislike of Christians or the religious. Not all, just generally. They seem too judgmental...but, then, so am I, I guess, in that regard.

I think the disconnect is with people like Jessica Yaniv. If that's the only example you're exposed to, IMO it will cause negative feelings. Kind of like if Derek Chauvin is the only cop you're exposed to.

I follow a few trans-folk on Twitter, Blair White being one of them. I may follow others and not even know...

I didn't read much into the super straight thing, just that a few twitter journo's were commenting on the 'hate' coming from the trans/LGBTQ community, so I assumed it was just some other woke garbage to further the divide among us. The flag was certainly a troll move, and the idea behind it is ridiculous.

Still, there was this situation on Big Brother: https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-42652947
In the end, everything is just fucked. People have lost their minds.

Me and gaba both identify as a dolphin and our favorite movie is Free Willy. Obviously our favorite tv show is Flipper.
Technically the ocean is a universal bathroom and anyone can pee in it no matter what they identify as.
With these new developments that have come to light, I vow to pee in the ocean every chance I get.
Just don't do it in the Amazon River.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/candiru
Prelude to Agony wrote:
Too many people go out of their way to push their views onto others. Anyone that does that can fuck off. Let them be themselves. By that same token, stop telling me I have to do this, that or the other thing. I'll show you respect as long as you do the same for me.

I'm a little confused with this paragraph.... so, help me out here.

If someone "tells you" their preferred pronoun is "she/her", does that count as "ordering you to" use them? Or do you take it as part of their defense mechanism, forget about the potential hostility, and just say, "Okay. I'll refer to you by those pronouns", (so long as they don't "beat you over the head with it if you make a mistake, that is)?

I *think* I know the answer, but I'm asking because I have seen people fall on both sides of that.

I like to think you're better than to respond to the "potential hostility" in kind, and just realize that it's part of their defense mechanism which would be defused by a calm capitulation.
People can identify however they want but don't expect me to play fairytale land along with you
Kids these days and all their gender identities
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6c/4b/0a/6c4b0a7b41a32621a4d4...
bella wrote:
People can identify however they want but don't expect me to play fairytale land along with you

so would you say caitlyn or bruce jenner?
Ignorant_Florist wrote:
Prelude to Agony wrote:

I'm a little confused with this paragraph.... so, help me out here.

If someone "tells you" their preferred pronoun is "she/her", does that count as "ordering you to" use them? Or do you take it as part of their defense mechanism, forget about the potential hostility, and just say, "Okay. I'll refer to you by those pronouns", (so long as they don't "beat you over the head with it if you make a mistake, that is)?

I *think* I know the answer, but I'm asking because I have seen people fall on both sides of that.

I like to think you're better than to respond to the "potential hostility" in kind, and just realize that it's part of their defense mechanism which would be defused by a calm capitulation.

Yeah, I figured someone would be like...what?

Basically, what I'm saying is people need to leave trans people (and other people) alone. Let them be who they are. Just cos you don't like it or agree with it doesn't mean you have to go out of your way to be a fuck to them.

Live and let live, as they say.

So, the second part:

I really try to be sensitive to people. I mean, I'm jaded AF, don't get me wrong, but I can at least fake it. I try my best to read the room before I address someone, simply because of that.

Still, mistakes happen from time to time (if you don't know up front, or it's not obvious). So, I can understand someone getting upset and advising a correction. Just like with work, I don't take it personally, so I apologize and will remember for next time. Plus, I've no doubt it's something they endure constantly, and it's probably frustrating, or worse, for them.

That said though, I won't be drawn and quartered for it. Period. If I keep doing it cos I'm being thoughtless, that's one thing, sure. But one and done doesn't mean you can keep blowing me up over it. Past trauma understood, but it's not a free pass.

----

I don't like being told what to do. I pretty much keep to myself. Over the last year, especially, I'm almost an introvert.

I get easily annoyed with people when I'm out in public though. I just think that some go out of their way to antagonize others to illicit a response, and then label you as the asshole if you call them out.

No, I don't have to accept your asshole behavior, and neither does anyone else. And I'm talking about anyone....anybody.

It's hard to explain...but it's like people hiding behind their special circumstance just to be a fuckstain. I just tire of people doing shitty things and the response is 'you just have to accept what I'm doing because I'm ____________.'

So...again, I think a number of things would be better if you could smack a mother fucker when they're being an asshole. Action ---> Consequence.

This TikTok generation is fucked, and they're normalizing stupidity. I hate it.

(I'm going to post, but I'm not sure if I'm clear or not now.)

-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:
I agree that it is Transphobic.

What’s transphobic? A straight male not wanting to date a man who says he’s a woman? Or a man who’s gone through a sex change operation and all the hormone treatment involved? That’s personal choice, not transphobia. I think you’ve been brainwashed.
Not brainwashed. I want people to be happy and comfortable who they are.
At the same time I dislike the vast majority of people and how things are these days, but as I said above, I'm learning and accepting because what the fuck is the point to continuously belittle marginalized people with contrarian jabs such as this. Yeah, I get it. People don't want to have sex with a transwoman. But to use this terminology and have a colored flag is a direct insult to the trans community, regardless how one feels.
It's almost as dumb as the 'straight pride march' people organized here in Boston last year. It ended up being a bunch of sad sack fucking losers who had nothing better to do and their point was lost in its own stupidity.

I ask that even if you Don't understand why trans people feel the way they do, at least have the dignity and respect to try to understand what's going on in their head.

PS: I didn't watch more than one minute of the video so I apologize if I missed a point or two.
Prelude to Agony wrote:
This TikTok generation is fucked, and they're normalizing stupidity. I hate it.

This, I definitely agree with. My son is 15 and feels the same way about most people his age.

I think there's been quite a shift in thought in the last 20 years due to a generation of kids being raised on the internet with everything right there at their fingertips.

With regard to sexuality and gender-related stuff, I remember seeing kids talk about it in his Discord chat a few years ago and some of them were even as young as 11 or 12 and already talking about this stuff and identifying as 'non-binary'.

I didn't know what any of this shit meant when I was that young. I just knew I had a weewee and I liked girls.

This stuff is all extremely important to the younger generation and why? Labels and terms and feelings, oh my. I think a lot of older folks (yeah, looking at you Gen Xers and boomers :)) are intimidated by all of it simp ly because of its complexity and foreign mindset. It really is a cultural shift and I think this stuff is a microcosm for something much bigger that we won't fully understand until generation alpha are adults. Yes, that's what they're calling the generation after Gen Z.
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:
It's almost as dumb as the 'straight pride march' people organized here in Boston last year. It ended up being a bunch of sad sack fucking losers who had nothing better to do and their point was lost in its own stupidity.

Isn’t that hate speech (heterophobic) against straight folk? You can’t demand we listen to and accept trans people (whether I feel that way or not) and then dismiss straight people in the same manner with which they “offended” you in the first place. That makes you a hypocrite.

In other words, don’t tell people what to think, especially when you’re just as judgmental against some people, based on THEIR sexuality.
Straight people are not marginalized and have not had their sexuality result in them being tormented or oppressed or even killed in some cases, for as long as written history has it. So no, I don't find it hypocritical to insult a bunch of dumbass people trying to prove a moot point. Yeah, free speech, but it does not always equate to having any real value or meaning. I also don't like being told what to do or how to feel but I'm a straight white male and have never felt any oppression in my life other than when a sniper takes the nade bag in spawn.

This topic is where religious views can come to play, too. 'Homosexuality is a sin' mentality is stupid as shit, and shame on anyone who believes that garbage.
All I know is that gender dysphoria is very real and distressing for the individuals afflicted with it.

[SHS]Hitz wrote:
-[IBSC]-iLluSiON- wrote:

Isn’t that hate speech (heterophobic) against straight folk? You can’t demand we listen to and accept trans people (whether I feel that way or not) and then dismiss straight people in the same manner with which they “offended” you in the first place. That makes you a hypocrite.

In other words, don’t tell people what to think, especially when you’re just as judgmental against some people, based on THEIR sexuality.

Right? This superstraight movement is simply flipping the script. It's using their own dialectic against them. Liking real vagina and not mutilated penises turned inside out is a real sexuality.

I give it five years, tops, to where we see the US Marshalls marching high school girls at gunpoint to shower with boys who think they're girls.

Is there really this much fear by those that haven't had to deal with hate and violence against them for the whole lives... really?

it's not about you
bella wrote:
Nookie wrote:
bella wrote:

so would you say caitlyn or bruce jenner?

He was born a dude, so bruce

So help me learn where you are here.
Do you refer to Ted Cruz as Rafael? As that was the name he was born with.
Or what about people whom go by a completely different name than what's on their birth certificate. Do you still call them the name they don't want you using?
I have a daughter and I don't want her around this stuff. Parents have the unique right to socially engineer their children and rear them how they want to. This is become state religion, all this gay and trans stuff. A lot of working and middle class families can't afford private school and are forced to have their children exposed to this stuff.
^^^

I understand your point about raising your children; I think most people feel the same way.

Yet, the exposure has always been there (maybe not in the locker room) but individuals that are gay, trans .... have existed since before you were born.

This is from memory, statistically speaking I think one in seven or eight humans is gay or homosexual or however you wish to define it. I am not sure about any other statistical breakdown, other than that it exists, and it existed. I don't think that number just happened ... its always been there ... just not so visible as now.

As far as socially engineering your children, be careful you may leave deeper fingerprints that you think. Maybe dealing with it, might bring better results.... but this is from someone who no longer has young children...
The treatment for gender dysphoria is therapy and usually gender reassignment surgery.

Left untreated, something like 50% of individuals with the condition attempt suicide at least once by the age of 25*. An invalidating home environment exacerbates this (and all other mental health conditions, for that matter).

It's fine and dandy to not want your kid to act like a faggot or whatever, but it'd suck more to come home and find your kid hanging from the bannister due to not receiving treatment for something that is now treatable.

* This figure from conversations with my father, a clinical psychotherapist who has treated individuals with gender dysphoria. I asked him about it when I discovered a book on gender identity in his library. Consider my numbers anecdotal/second hand/not based on my own research.

TL;DR - would date gaba as male/female/it, dont care. 10/10.
If you wish to reply to this thread, please log in